Poll

PULL THE LEVER? [Y/N]

Y
- 281 (87.8%)
N
- 39 (12.2%)

Total Members Voted: 319

Pages: 1 ... 160 161 [162] 163 164 ... 189

Author Topic: FailCannon: No Rest for the Wicked (or anyone else) (Succession: Battlefailed 2)  (Read 906405 times)

Mego

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:MADNESS]
    • View Profile
Re: FailCannon: Still Alive (somehow) (Succession: Battlefailed II)
« Reply #2415 on: October 18, 2011, 07:36:01 pm »

I can't help but wonder... Is it at all possible for Failcannon to die?

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2416 on: October 18, 2011, 08:05:30 pm »

Can't keep a good, bad, disasterous abomination of a fortress down.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2417 on: October 18, 2011, 08:38:55 pm »

Somebody once said "Failcannon is like a zombie horse. It looks dead when it's sleeping, but it's perfectly capable of killing dwarves once it wakes up."

Or something to that effect. I'm not going to bother looking for the quote.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

EmeraldWind

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey there, dollface...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2418 on: October 18, 2011, 10:43:35 pm »

It's too bad that deities aren't in the raws yet. I remember reading somewhere (one of the QA session of FotF) that eventually deities will be able to be put in raws, kind of like how you can add custom Night Creatures in addition to the random ones.

It would be cool, if we could bring the deities from this world to the next...

Lur, Led and Ura as megabeasts?

And also possible and not overtly complicated, should the Failcannon audience and participants vouch for it (there ought be a pole for each raw change we may wish to include.)
You would have no way of enforcing a population restriction of 1 each, though. They'd be populated per the formula for every other beast.
We could make fanciful beasts with pref-strings though, to appear in engravings similar to a descriptor shape.

You know now that I think about it. I've never seen an engraving with a fanciful creature on it, but in theory isn't it possible that an engraving can be of multiple fanciful creatures. IE: Urist is surrounded by two centaurs.   ::)

So I don't know how well that would work out. Though Adreus would work fine either case.

Though it would be nice if the mod, if used, can at least include some references to Battlefailed and Failcannon besides just regular creatures additions.

It needs to have cannon added to languages for example. Also in addition to bone blocks there should be a reaction for bone cogs (mechanisms, but cogs sound better for some reason). How else are we going to make levers match our bridges in material? For added organization, cat bone lever is connected to the cat bone bridge (you can even make a song out of it so you remember)! We need to be organized folks.

... ... And cages. We need bone cages. This way we can stick goblins inside of cages made of their dead friends! Or you know... anything else that happens to be caught. You know, so everything stays organized. You want a turkey, look in the turkey bone cage. You want cat, cat bone cage. You have a noble who likes dogs. Organization is key, but there are other benefits! Give him a dog in a dog bone cage! For bonus points, find a way to make the cage out of the noble's old pet dog.

We do not suffer from insanity. We enjoy every single bit of it.

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile
« Reply #2419 on: October 18, 2011, 10:44:53 pm »

EDIT: scratch that, there are trolls.

You know, if they have to go into your fort by climbing up through a Floor Hatch, they can't destroy a locked one from below.  They'll just sit at the front door or where they spawn, scratching their heads.  Nowhere near as fun, though.

Gizogin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EVIL][RAWMANCER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2420 on: October 18, 2011, 10:48:03 pm »

Do we not have some kind of elaborate mechanism for dangerously removing sieges by now?  It strikes me as odd that FailCannon doesn't have a FailCannon somewhere.  Still, a goblin siege is a welcome break from the routine.
Quote from: franti
"Let's expose our military to zombie-dust so they can't feel pain. They don't NEED skin."
Quote from: Ipwnurmom221
One FB post. Many dick jokes. Pokemon. !!VOLCANO!!. Dwarven mood thingee. Derailment itself. Girlinhat's hat. Cuba. Karl Marx. This is why i love Bay12 forums.
The rest of my sig.
Fear the fluffballs

Mego

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2421 on: October 18, 2011, 11:02:04 pm »

Do we not have some kind of elaborate mechanism for dangerously removing sieges by now?  It strikes me as odd that FailCannon doesn't have a FailCannon somewhere.  Still, a goblin siege is a welcome break from the routine.

The secret is that the entire fortress is the elaborate mechanism. OSHI-

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #2422 on: October 18, 2011, 11:27:09 pm »

...organization...organization...organized...

Speaking of organization, I ought compile a list of changes that are or may be required.

Also, I think there were elaborate plans for a Failcannon in Failcannon, but they failed to come to fruition despite being quite canon.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2011, 11:31:26 pm by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2423 on: October 18, 2011, 11:39:54 pm »

...organization...organization...organized...

Speaking of organization, I ought compile a list of changes that are or may be required.

Also, I think there were elaborate plans for a Failcannon in Failcannon, but they failed to come to fruition despite being quite canon.

Everyone killing eachother is what probably killed the plans for a doomsday magma device.  Ironic, really.

Karakzon

• Bay Watcher
  • [ethics:give a shit?: denied]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2424 on: October 19, 2011, 09:04:31 am »

could still just build one to pass the time if all else is to any degree 'safe' in failcannon standerds.
I am Dyslexic. No its not going to change any time soon.
Bolts of Exsanguination THE terrifying glacier export, get yours today!

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2425 on: October 19, 2011, 09:38:05 am »

could still just build one to pass the time if all else is to any degree 'safe' in failcannon standerds.

If we built it to Failcannon standards, it would leak and flood the fortress in magma AND water.  From two different places on a single pumpstack, knowing the general insanity that goes into everything built in the godsforsaken place.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #2426 on: October 19, 2011, 10:41:18 am »

Which is most likely to happen if Dariush built a pumpstack of the design he suggested: no walls to contain the fluid :P
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #2427 on: October 19, 2011, 11:04:29 am »

The siege is on the west beach, so they can't get to the buildings on the plains of ooze. There is still a pack of trolls in one of those houses, however.

I swear, if a siege/fb does manage to get inside in my turn, I'll start the failday

Fun Fail Fact: FBs have a clear path to the surface, yet they seem happy to party at Andreus' old house near the ocean of slime.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Mego

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2428 on: October 19, 2011, 06:42:52 pm »

Forgotten Beast cancels Terrorize Failcannon: Attending meeting.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #2429 on: October 19, 2011, 07:01:34 pm »

Forgotten Beast cancels Terrorize Failcannon: Lost beyond comprehension.

Luckily for them (and the dwarves), they found some other poor bastards to hang out with for the rest of eternity.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2011, 07:32:54 pm by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!
Pages: 1 ... 160 161 [162] 163 164 ... 189