Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 73

Author Topic: Serial Killer Roguelike  (Read 115213 times)

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
Re: Serial Killer Roguelike
« Reply #300 on: August 24, 2010, 12:53:15 am »

How detailed will home invasion be? I'm hoping there are multiple ways to assault a house, maybe steal their garage door opener or crawl in through an already open window, skinny characters able to come in through the doggy door etc.

What about guard dogs and home pets that alert the owners? Silent motion alarms? Panic rooms? The thing that interests me most about this game is the possibility for various types of fun cat and mouse games with your prey, the creepy stalker part of the game hunting the person down and finding the best way to get at them while doing your best to hide and mouse away from the cops / detectives.
You could just open the front door.
Knock first and use your charisma to get inside.

EDIT:
SEE: knife salesman
« Last Edit: August 24, 2010, 01:01:24 am by Itnetlolor »

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: August 24, 2010, 12:54:13 am »

I don't know many people who keep their front door unlocked at night.

Night? but it would be much better to do it in the morning.

Knock first, and use your charisma to get inside.

You could do that too.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: August 24, 2010, 12:56:48 am »

I just thought about it some more... and I'm not even sure if I can get myself to play this game. Guys, this is simulating being a serial killer. Think about it.
Have you played DF in Adventure Mode? This is basically the same thing, except you have in-game motivation for committing atrocities.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2010, 12:59:55 am by Kadzar »
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

rawr359

• Bay Watcher
  • dude
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: August 24, 2010, 12:59:47 am »

Shit, you're right.

Also thanks Smoke, that should help
/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

kholhaus

• Bay Watcher
  • Pissed and Inspired
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: August 24, 2010, 01:00:42 am »

>Break in LIGHTLY into house, kill owner, and inflict wounds on self.

>cops arrive

>Pretend to be House Owner, claiming that he assaulted you.
Kholhaus has been inspired recently.
Kholhaus has lost a favorite to tragedy recently.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #305 on: August 24, 2010, 01:02:36 am »

>cops arrive

What if the cops have BS detectors (intuition), or what if they know the dude you mauled?

What if there's an off-duty cop as a neighbor? And what about nightly patrols, or even people casually walking the streets (nighttime dog walking or something; morning jogger, rambling bum, drunk stumbling home)?

And we'll need clever ways of disposing the evidence; even/especially body-wise. I say, if you have a butcher's background, you can sell Soylent Green or head cheese. Or if you're in a rather fell mood, convert the body into furniture or items, and call it an artifact.

Racked up enough bones after wasting the town? Ship them over to a dwarven community and have them craft a chapel out of them.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2010, 01:15:06 am by Itnetlolor »

A Dwarven Smokeologist

• Bay Watcher
  • Shortcut to Mushrooms
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: August 24, 2010, 01:02:52 am »

>cops arrive

Officer A: Why did he hang all of these pictures of him self up all over the place first? Now that's creepy.

Tilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Slam with the best or jam with the rest
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: August 24, 2010, 01:14:53 am »

>cops arrive

Officer A: Why did he hang all of these pictures of him self up all over the place first? Now that's creepy.

You never know what these sickos will do for kicks!

kholhaus

• Bay Watcher
  • Pissed and Inspired
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: August 24, 2010, 01:21:20 am »

Hannibal McCannibal was exhilerated recently. Hannibal McCannibal hung pictures everywhere of himself before severely trying to harm a person lately.
Kholhaus has been inspired recently.
Kholhaus has lost a favorite to tragedy recently.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: August 24, 2010, 01:23:37 am »

I've only read about three pages into this thread now (I want to read the rest, but it's getting quite late where I am), but I'm gonna post now so that this gets tagged as something I'm watching.

This is brilliant stuff.  Love the amount of detail that's going into this.  Moods, psych profiles, noise levels, spatters and cuts and all the lovely little bits that appeal to the rampant psycho within us...  The ability to stalk the streets as a homeless fellow, so grubby no one can identify him, and living off the sweet and juicy flesh of your victims; or being the nice, charming guy who's a great listener and going out on dates only to find that once he's charmed you into his home, he happens to like dressing up as grandma and putting heads in the fridge next to the butter.

I also think it would be great fun to nail the left hands of people to a wall in your house so that you can confuse the hell out of cops like in South Park.

The massive level of intricacy that's already evident in the video lends itself to an amazing range of gameplay scenarios and styles.  I'm very much looking forward to seeing where this ends up.

Shame about the sexual deviance though.  It is strange that we seem perfectly fine with cutting someone's limbs off while they're still alive, cauterizing the wounds, and then pissing on their face until they drown; but ejaculating onto the TV set is absolutely a no-no.

Ah well, can't complain.  This thing is already plenty sick enough, and it all looks positively delightful.

nuker w

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: August 24, 2010, 01:31:45 am »

I don't even have time to read the other pages on this topic, that video IS EPIC.
Want.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: August 24, 2010, 01:32:08 am »

Well there is a large difference between a Sociopath and a Psychopath.

The ones who tend to become serial killers though are Sociopaths.

Kusgnos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: August 24, 2010, 01:36:39 am »

Violence, for some reason, has always seemed 'cleaner' in today's culture than spattering non-crimson bodily fluids around.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: August 24, 2010, 01:38:18 am »

I just thought about it some more... and I'm not even sure if I can get myself to play this game. Guys, this is simulating being a serial killer. Think about it.
Have you played DF in Adventure Mode? This is basically the same thing, except you have in-game motivation for committing atrocities.
Also you can't kill an entire civilization in this... probably... unless you're REALLY good.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: August 24, 2010, 01:38:28 am »

Hey, there should be birthday parties and celebrations.

Imagine a party in an office building, which turns to the bloodiest case of multiple homicide in history.

'gasmd.
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 73