Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 73

Author Topic: Serial Killer Roguelike  (Read 114992 times)

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Serial Killer Roguelike
« Reply #870 on: August 26, 2010, 09:48:45 pm »

That gives me an idea for a new trait: Stressed

Like Normal at the start, this locks out all other traits, except vigilante. A Stressed person will begin to develop random disorders from the rest of the list, without notifing you of what trait you develop or when it developes. The only indicator will be the effects of the disorder taking place as the character becomes more depressed and crazed, along with criptic messages that show the character now having a desire to kill somthing.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

alfie275

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #871 on: August 26, 2010, 10:13:19 pm »

I would like the option to play after being convicted, if only to be able to escape.

IE Job as prison warden, plant bomb in prison, set for few weeks. Get convicted, go to prison, bomb goes off, you run off through the whole in the wall. (Along with all the other murderous scum).
Or blackmail is sent to prison owner about their family, saying you must be let go, if you do not reset the timer on your pc every week.
I do LP of videogames!
See here:
http://www.youtube.com/user/MrAlfie275

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #872 on: August 26, 2010, 10:15:08 pm »

LET'S PLAY SERIAL KILLER ROGUELIKE (Pacifist Run)

That's it. That's what I'm going to be doing. Survive for 30 days without killing anybody.
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

Hugehead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #873 on: August 26, 2010, 10:16:36 pm »

If you slapped wizard hats on the people, called them gnomes, made when they see you they "summon" cops, and call it "Gnome exterminator" there would be absolutely no buzz about this game I bet.
We're Bay12er's. If there is a bug, we will find it, exploit it, and make a recursive statue out of it. Just look up Planepacked.
When a dwarf enters a martial trance, they become Jedi. Short, drunken Jedi.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #874 on: August 26, 2010, 10:17:16 pm »

That's it. That's what I'm going to be doing. Survive for 30 days without killing anybody.
To make it better: LP it as a family comedy sitcom or something. A... dark one while at it. Make it more disturbing by keeping the light tones, even during the murderous rampage ending(s).

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #875 on: August 26, 2010, 10:19:12 pm »

Imagine playing as a veteran cop in a city so full of crime, there are hookers and dead bodies in every alleyway.

And then imagine either falling from grace and becoming a hitman, or a vigilante, fighting these damned mafiosos!

FUN FUN FUN
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

rawr359

• Bay Watcher
  • dude
    • View Profile
« Reply #876 on: August 26, 2010, 10:20:44 pm »

Let's Plays of this are going to be amazing. I'm planning to do a journal type thing with a thread. No voice. Just some music and a diary.
/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
  • Stay thirsty, my friends
    • View Profile
« Reply #877 on: August 26, 2010, 10:21:05 pm »

To make it better: LP it as a family comedy sitcom or something. A... dark one while at it. Make it more disturbing by keeping the light tones, even during the murderous rampage ending(s).

I am have extensive knowledge of philosophy and a strong morality
Okay, so, today this girl I know-Lauren, just took a sudden dis-interest in talking to me. Is she just on her period or something?

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #878 on: August 26, 2010, 10:23:03 pm »

Imagine playing as a veteran cop in a city so full of crime, there are hookers and dead bodies in every alleyway.

...so that's why the Voice of God commands you to kill hookers.
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

rawr359

• Bay Watcher
  • dude
    • View Profile
« Reply #879 on: August 26, 2010, 10:23:49 pm »

Alright, who's doing the sitcom one? It needs to happen.
/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

Ioric Kittencuddler

• Bay Watcher
  • Multiclass Bard/Kitten trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #880 on: August 26, 2010, 10:36:54 pm »

For some reason I'm being reminded of Jenny Calendar.  Of course, not being a vampire you probably wouldn't survive the psychotic librarian's horrible vengeance.

Hey maybe you could play a guy who thinks he's a vampire with a soul and goes around killing "Vampires" and drinking pig's blood. :)

Wow, no new post for nearly an hour.  How... unbizarre...  OMG Buffy references have slain the thread!
« Last Edit: August 26, 2010, 11:30:31 pm by Ioric Kittencuddler »
Come see the MOST interesting Twitter account on the internet!  Mine!

Don't worry!  Be happy!  It's the law!

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
  • Stay thirsty, my friends
    • View Profile
« Reply #881 on: August 26, 2010, 11:53:50 pm »

Wouldn't it make more sense to be somebody who thinks they're a Vampire and go around killing people and drinking their blood?
I am have extensive knowledge of philosophy and a strong morality
Okay, so, today this girl I know-Lauren, just took a sudden dis-interest in talking to me. Is she just on her period or something?

Ioric Kittencuddler

• Bay Watcher
  • Multiclass Bard/Kitten trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #882 on: August 27, 2010, 12:06:04 am »

Wouldn't it make more sense to be somebody who thinks they're a Vampire and go around killing people and drinking their blood?

Nah, then you'd have to run from sixteen year old blond girls.
Come see the MOST interesting Twitter account on the internet!  Mine!

Don't worry!  Be happy!  It's the law!

Medicine Man

• Bay Watcher
  • Pile the bodies, set them aflame.
    • View Profile
« Reply #883 on: August 27, 2010, 12:13:17 am »

words

Yes!If you are convicted once and manage to get out due to insanity you will be a prime suspect if somebody kills the same type of people as you or with the same calling card (head cut off, fingers sliced etc)

If you are convicted a 2nd time and manage to get out of prison due to insanity you will be put into an asylum which is very hard to escape from but still possible

but if you get convicted a third time you go in a prison for the criminally insane which you will NEVER get out of.

I have another idea, infamy, the more infamous you are the better.You can get infamous by murdering large groups of people and the more people you murder (and the more gruesome the murders are) the more infamous you become.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #884 on: August 27, 2010, 12:15:38 am »

Now there's a wonderful psychosis for ya...  Hemophagia and a paranoid phobia of young female teenagers.

Something that might be fun is that, after a game, you get to see a typed-up police report or news story about you.  It might take some doing to get a dynamic text generator that actually flows, but I think we'd all like to see just what evidence the police picked up on and what led to them forming whatever profile on us that they had.  And I'm sure we'd all like to see sensational news stories about our exploits after the fact...

...now that it's 'safe'.
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 73