Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8181 8182 [8183] 8184 8185 ... 10989

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13454040 times)

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #122730 on: June 02, 2017, 12:19:57 am »

I did!  It was notable because I like that game, despite never playing it :P  Even my friend with Mario 64 didn't have it, but I saw it at a cousin's place a while later (along with some 3D Bomberman adventure).

As for vaporwave, I was like shadow.  Hopefully nobody saw me.  I felt tinier than a mote of dust.
What I'm saying is that I was self-conscious about my appearance but I don't think anyone noticed.

I know that's not what vaporwave means but I don't know how it would be relevant :P  I didn't see a smoke shop in the mall, despite there being literally 3 within a mile of my home.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2017, 12:22:52 am by Rolan7 »
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #122731 on: June 02, 2017, 02:05:18 am »

For some reason I assumed you were European.

Most people do (which has occasionally been WTF in and of itself), and at this point in America's illustrious history I take it as a compliment. I think it comes from being a military brat whose accent and speech mannerisms were decided more by copying Monty Python voices than by the various states which I got trucked through.

I probably owe a great deal of my personality to heavy-weight exposure to the Pythons during my formative years... When stressed, I will rotate through accents and dialects without consciously realizing it, which has probably given more than a few other people WTF moments of their own.

Oh god you do that too!? I thought i was alone!
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #122732 on: June 02, 2017, 02:08:27 am »

Hmm... I do that too.

You aren't one of those people that makes fun of housewives that cant tell the difference between whizzo butter and a dead crab are you?

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #122733 on: June 02, 2017, 02:13:35 am »

No, but then again i dont know what whizzo butter is or how anything could be confused with a dead crab.

I have enlightened myself and am ashamed to admit ive never seen that particular monty python sketch before
« Last Edit: June 02, 2017, 02:15:32 am by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122734 on: June 02, 2017, 02:34:59 am »

You know, if ever there was a time for something like Monty Python, it is the modern era.

Why isn't there something like that today?

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #122735 on: June 02, 2017, 04:12:33 am »

you mean like memes
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122736 on: June 02, 2017, 04:17:13 am »

No, Monty Python's flying circus was both highbrow AND lowbrow AT THE SAME TIME.  I think only the British could successfully pull off such a feat.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #122737 on: June 02, 2017, 04:32:31 am »

No, Monty Python's flying circus was both highbrow AND lowbrow AT THE SAME TIME.  I think only the British could successfully pull off such a feat.
British sillyness has died more than a decade ago now. It has left a huge gaping hole in the world which indeed needs filling. I do think the 'Netherlands Second' video was a fair attempt.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122738 on: June 02, 2017, 05:21:38 am »

Trump is his own Monty Python, in a terrifying unfunny sort of way.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122739 on: June 02, 2017, 05:58:11 am »

You know, if ever there was a time for something like Monty Python, it is the modern era.

Why isn't there something like that today?

Mighty Boosh? etc. The reason that there's not more like that is because it was already done. You need to bring something fresh to the table. Little Britain might qualify, but I didn't like that so never watched it.

EDIT: stuff like Key and Peele is coming close for American comedy.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2017, 06:01:21 am by Reelya »

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #122740 on: June 02, 2017, 06:38:28 am »

Trump is his own Monty Python, in a terrifying unfunny sort of way.
He does remind me of the emperor
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zPGb4STRfKw
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #122741 on: June 02, 2017, 08:24:19 pm »

CKII makes my windows crash when it tries to save too much.

clicking on the save button or initiating an autosave when too much is happening cases a failed save andor a ctd

:{
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #122742 on: June 03, 2017, 04:09:51 am »

Is it weird that I kind of like cheap/cheap-feeling packaging? Not like a retail game that doesn't come with a manual; I have some bootleg DVDs that are basically just a tall plastic bag, a card insert with the DVD's cover, and the disc in a paper sleeve. In some ways I appreciate that more than the standard plastic DVD case, which could have just been a jewel case in an alternate timeline.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #122743 on: June 03, 2017, 10:52:22 am »

Is it weird that I kind of like cheap/cheap-feeling packaging? Not like a retail game that doesn't come with a manual; I have some bootleg DVDs that are basically just a tall plastic bag, a card insert with the DVD's cover, and the disc in a paper sleeve. In some ways I appreciate that more than the standard plastic DVD case, which could have just been a jewel case in an alternate timeline.

Early PS1 games came in a bigger plastic and cardboard case, instead of the usual jewel case.

Decent, Loaded, and the first Twisted Metal came in those.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #122744 on: June 03, 2017, 11:11:05 am »

I've played PS1 games since I was a smol boy and I have never once seen any of those. They actually look kind of cool.

Jewel cases will always be my favorite though <3
Pages: 1 ... 8181 8182 [8183] 8184 8185 ... 10989