Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10635 10636 [10637] 10638 10639 ... 10989

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13454527 times)

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #159540 on: March 24, 2022, 06:43:45 pm »

Liberate Long Island for All of Washington State!

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #159541 on: March 25, 2022, 11:00:16 am »

Dutch police have found the largest weapon cache since 2015 in Alphen aan de Rijn.
In a residential house, 44 weapons were found, wrapped in plastic and packed into sports bags, presumably ready to be sold.
Half of the weapons are handguns, the other half are automatic rifles, sniper rifles and 4 bazookas.
Some of the weapons were loaded.
Also, sports bags full of ammo were included.

The military bomb demolitions squad was used to safely clear the weapons cache, the city district was evacuated and cordonned off with black screen fences guarded by military police from morning till evening.
The person living in the house is nowhere to be found. Police say they will now focus their efforts on identifying the criminal power structures behind the weapons cache.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2022, 11:05:14 am by martinuzz »
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #159542 on: March 25, 2022, 12:32:39 pm »

4 bazookas.

We don't even find apartments full of those in the USA. Impressive.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #159543 on: March 25, 2022, 04:43:13 pm »

Other than the bazookas, I think martinuzz just described a typical American home...

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #159544 on: March 25, 2022, 05:01:10 pm »

Technically, I only have three "sniper" (hunting) rifles of various calibers, two handguns and two shotguns (with no ammo left but bird shot, dammit), so they'd not be the least defended. I don't have any explosives, but I can make some and a tiny trebuchet or crossbow to launch them. And we do have five dogs and a really aggressive mare that tried to murder the neighbors dog.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #159545 on: March 25, 2022, 05:38:42 pm »

A huge firestorm is raging in the Saudi city of Djedda.
Houthi rebels from Jemen attacked the state oil company in the city, while a few kilometers away, the opening ceremony of Formula-1 is ongoing / about to begin.
The smoke can be seen from the racing track.

Saudi-Arabia calls the attack an 'aggressive escalation' that aims to disrupt the oil market and damage the world economy.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2022, 05:43:14 pm by martinuzz »

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #159546 on: March 26, 2022, 09:06:19 am »

The British Coast Guard captured and seized a passenger ferry, the European Causeway, in the North-Irish city of Larne.

The British P&O Ferries is having severe financial problems.
Because of that, the company's owner, DP World, a shipping company from Dubai, took rigorous action.
Unannounced, the 800 man crew were forced to leave the ship by hired security guards, and replaced with cheap foreign labourers.

The British authorities say the current crew is not sufficiently schooled to make the ship travel safely, and seized it. The ship is to remain in port until it has a trained crew again.
The British minister of Transport has announced it will start inspecting all vessels of P&O Ferries to guarantee the safety of travel.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #159547 on: March 26, 2022, 02:43:20 pm »

Yea they've been in the American news background all week.

I dont know if they can be criminally charged, but they pissed in the commonwealth's cherrios and I guess they will get bureaucratically bullied until a charge can be brought forward.  Sounds like they made personal enemies when they did it like the did.

Sometimes red tape can be the worst kind of trouble to be in.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #159548 on: March 26, 2022, 03:13:33 pm »

Making people redundant without warning was a proper cunt thing to do, regardless of whether or not it broke the law, never mind doing it to nearly a thousand people.

It’s also ridiculous that they were complaining about losing money but didn’t have any crew ready to take over (though some agency staff refused to work for them after finding out they were replacing these people) and not being able to use their vessels was apparently costing £1m a day.

The British government and the various devolved administrations have been examining the contracts they have with P&O Ferries, so perhaps the government is taking action to make it look like they’re doing something about it. They brought this on themselves.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #159549 on: March 26, 2022, 03:20:17 pm »

Absolutely.  I dont know why they didnt think this would happen.  This isnt a small thing to brush away
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Laterigrade

• Bay Watcher
  • Is that a crab with
    • View Profile
« Reply #159550 on: March 27, 2022, 08:03:03 pm »

This made me go ‘what the fuck’, but in a subdued way.
and the quadriplegic toothless vampire killed me effortlessly after that
bool IsARealBoy = false
dropping clothes to pick up armor and then dropping armor to pick up clothes like some sort of cyclical forever-striptease
if a year passes, add one to age; social experiment

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #159551 on: March 28, 2022, 05:55:54 am »

Making people redundant without warning was a proper cunt thing to do, regardless of whether or not it broke the law, never mind doing it to nearly a thousand people.

It’s also ridiculous that they were complaining about losing money but didn’t have any crew ready to take over (though some agency staff refused to work for them after finding out they were replacing these people) and not being able to use their vessels was apparently costing £1m a day.

The British government and the various devolved administrations have been examining the contracts they have with P&O Ferries, so perhaps the government is taking action to make it look like they’re doing something about it. They brought this on themselves.
Hebblethwaite ought to have foreseen something so predictable. You wouldn't get away with firing all your pilots and replacing them with contractors who've no flight experience, no idea why he thought it would work for maritime transport. I suppose that's the problem when CEOs stop being promoted from industry workers and start being sourced from a race of professional CEOs whose life has been spent Chief Executiving without a Chief Clue as to what the hell they're doing

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #159552 on: April 02, 2022, 06:00:41 pm »

I realized I'm 29 years old and joined this site when I was 14. I have been active on these forums for just over half my life. That's weird, right? And like, so many games I vividly remember participating in and people I've interacted with here, many of them were over a decade ago.

I was 18 when I first met Tiruin. I remember because were the same age. On the irc chat channel, bay12# or something like that

I never joined the discord
« Last Edit: April 02, 2022, 06:02:12 pm by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #159553 on: April 03, 2022, 05:05:49 am »

I'm 32 and joined here 12 years ago, lurked a year or two before that.

I feel you man.

Seriously, this site is basically a part of me now. It's probably not healthy.
Love, scriver~

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #159554 on: April 03, 2022, 09:10:38 am »

Phone won't let me type emojis into the password box.

How's my password supposed to be p o w e r f u l without emojis?
I consume
I purchase
I consume again
Pages: 1 ... 10635 10636 [10637] 10638 10639 ... 10989