Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2572 2573 [2574] 2575 2576 ... 10995

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13566875 times)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #38595 on: October 10, 2013, 12:01:52 pm »

Dream-me sure is vulgar. I rarely say anything stronger than "dang" during my waking hours, but in my dreams I curse up a storm at the slightest provocation. I'm a little worried about this new dream-me, since I talk in my sleep quite a lot...
Spoiler: dis is bad language (click to show/hide)
Like that, or...
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #38596 on: October 10, 2013, 12:03:13 pm »

Dream-me sure is vulgar. I rarely say anything stronger than "dang" during my waking hours, but in my dreams I curse up a storm at the slightest provocation. I'm a little worried about this new dream-me, since I talk in my sleep quite a lot...
Now that I think about it, I can't recall swearing in my dreams at all (though to be fair, I rarely talk in them at all), while awake I swear like a fucking sailor.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Knight of Fools

• Bay Watcher
  • From Start to Beginning
    • View Profile
    • Knight of Fools
« Reply #38597 on: October 10, 2013, 12:08:58 pm »

I don't have a partner or share a room or anything at the moment. So I don't know if I'm actually cursing out loud, but it's still disconcerting. I wouldn't be surprised at all if I were. I've had roommates that would tell me I'd speak in Spanish and they'd have conversations with me (In English or Spanish), which I don't remember in the slightest.
Proud Member of the Zombie Horse Executioner Squad. "This Horse ain't quite dead yet."

I don't have a British accent, but I still did a YouTube.

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38598 on: October 10, 2013, 12:10:09 pm »

Obviously your subconscious is ridding your body of swearing so you don't swear in the day.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #38599 on: October 10, 2013, 12:31:30 pm »

Huh, interesting. I don't swear when awake either, but I have in my dreams. Rarely, though, and it usually weirds me out and the other people in the dream.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38600 on: October 10, 2013, 01:11:04 pm »

Quote from: PlaceHolder;7367486
Made a pony during class lecture.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #38601 on: October 10, 2013, 01:16:39 pm »

Quote from: PlaceHolder;7367486
Made a pony during class lecture.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
That's pretty cool.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #38602 on: October 10, 2013, 01:17:42 pm »

A bored person with too much time.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #38603 on: October 10, 2013, 01:22:41 pm »

Huh, interesting. I don't swear when awake either, but I have in my dreams. Rarely, though, and it usually weirds me out and the other people in the dream.

Heh, several years ago I was on a summer camp-slash-survival (except not really), anyway, after a certain night I was told that, while still sleeping, I shouted a pretty bad swearword (untranslatable, sadly). As in, literally shouted. And I neither did that in my dreams nor did I normally swear while awake. Like, at all back then.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #38604 on: October 10, 2013, 01:49:06 pm »

I had an awesome-ish dream last night.

I was an infantryman, one in a platoon. We had some light vehicles, like trucks and shit, but nothing heavy. We had to hold 'the Ironworks' which was this big, semi-ruined building deep in a ruined city. We were kicking ass, defeating the enemy infantry assault, and they fell back. Then, we heard a rumbling noise.

Imagine a Baneblade, if you would. It even had twin-linked Heavy Bolters on the side. Except it is fully automated. Every gun has a little sensor that pinpoints targets in an instant. Oh, and on top of it is a cupola mounted .50 heavy machine gun that is firing single shots and sniping people. We had no antitank guns, apparently, outside of some grenades. Naturally, it tears through the first line, and comes at me. I step back as it rumbles forward, turret traversing to fire at my squad, and trip over a rock, ending up in a little divot in the concrete. The tank runs over the fence I was behind, and it falls across me. Then the tank drives OVER me and the fence. I only survive because the divot was too short for the tank to roll through it, it went over it instead. It rips the glasses off my face in the commotion, then nearly crushes my skull, alongside destroying my gun.

The tank rumbles off, hunting more of the platoon, and I gather up a fallen soldier's gun. A Designated Marksmen rifle. Wonderful. The blind guy has a sniper rifle. So I follow the tank, keeping out of sight of that hellish .50 on top, until I get a chance, then I fire, taking out the mounting, meaning the .50 can't aim near as well anymore. I manage to jump on top of the tank, and pry the .50 off of it's ruined mounting, then I reach down to the sponson guns and try to rip off the sensors by hand. This works, albeit very dangerously, and the tank is left only with it's turret gun and pintle weapon. At this point, it stops on a dime, and I'm thrown off in front of it. The turret depresses to fire at me, so I scramble a bit closer and jam a grenade between the pintle barrel and the main gun barrel, then dive underneath the tank.

This is about where the dream ends, but it was AWESOME. And kind of weird.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #38605 on: October 10, 2013, 02:14:41 pm »

Who makes a pony out of their own hair?
Alchemists.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38606 on: October 10, 2013, 02:15:12 pm »

Only God knows.
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #38607 on: October 10, 2013, 02:17:20 pm »

Alchemists.
Ponyists.
Or AlchePony's.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #38608 on: October 10, 2013, 03:20:19 pm »

Alchemists.
Ponyists.
Or AlchePony's.

And the result is what... ponymunculi?
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #38609 on: October 10, 2013, 04:05:51 pm »

The legal definition of a drug is preposterously broad.

Quote from: Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act
...(C) articles (other than food) intended to affect the structure or any function of the body of man or other animals...
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.
Pages: 1 ... 2572 2573 [2574] 2575 2576 ... 10995