Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5423 5424 [5425] 5426 5427 ... 10995

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13541036 times)

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #81360 on: July 22, 2015, 08:59:58 am »

Guaranteed income 'now' is probably better then maybe income 'later'.  Might be a school of thought.

Though, they also have to put in the development time for the other platform, which is an expense.  Getting paid to not spend time/money developing for an extra platform seems tasty.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #81361 on: July 22, 2015, 09:16:28 am »

I guess it works, because I've often been tempted to buy an xbox 360 for the exclusives.  Red Dead Redemption, Halo 3, Halo with fricken co-op not flipping *disabled* for no reason...
Yeah every time I think about it I decide it's not worth supporting the practice.  Besides, I have a Steam backlog.

Edit: And recently my brother and I found an original xbox and played some Halo 1 co-op finally.  And it looked and played like complete ass!
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Calidovi

• Bay Watcher
  • agnus dei
    • View Profile
« Reply #81362 on: July 22, 2015, 10:07:51 am »

I guess it works, because I've often been tempted to buy an xbox 360 for the exclusives.  Red Dead Redemption, Halo 3, Halo with fricken co-op not flipping *disabled* for no reason...
Yeah every time I think about it I decide it's not worth supporting the practice.  Besides, I have a Steam backlog.

Edit: And recently my brother and I found an original xbox and played some Halo 1 co-op finally.  And it looked and played like complete ass!

just becus its old dosnt mean its bad like the beetles are oldies but goodies its a shame that no one in my generation can appreciate these things im the true defener

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #81363 on: July 22, 2015, 10:15:12 am »

I'm not sure I got the joke but I do love the Beetles :P
My point was that Halo 1 looks a lot better on PC, but they don't allow co-op on the PC version.  Splitscreen or otherwise.  They wanted people to buy their console.  Then when they finally released Halo 2 for PC they required Vista, because they wanted people to buy their operating system.

These are understandable strategies, but I want to moneyvote against them as much as possible.  A less capitalist person would probably call them evil.

also my tiny hands suck at xbox controllers so I'm awful at halo on xbox, sue me
She/they
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Calidovi

• Bay Watcher
  • agnus dei
    • View Profile
« Reply #81364 on: July 22, 2015, 10:16:46 am »

I'm not sure I got the joke but I do love the Beetles :P
My point was that Halo 1 looks a lot better on PC, but they don't allow co-op on the PC version.  Splitscreen or otherwise.  They wanted people to buy their console.  Then when they finally released Halo 2 for PC they required Vista, because they wanted people to buy their operating system.

These are understandable strategies, but I want to moneyvote against them as much as possible.  A less capitalist person would probably call them evil.

also my tiny hands suck at xbox controllers so I'm awful at halo on xbox, sue me

Moneymaking tactics may be disgusting, but they make money.

Also controllers in general are poorly designed for most games other than fighters.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #81365 on: July 22, 2015, 11:12:35 am »

PS2 controller was pretty alright though.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Calidovi

• Bay Watcher
  • agnus dei
    • View Profile
« Reply #81366 on: July 22, 2015, 11:59:24 am »

PS2 controller was pretty alright though.

It may be alright, it's just that I'm conditioned to the preciseness of a mouse. Controllers feel bulky in comparison.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #81367 on: July 22, 2015, 12:03:18 pm »

Dualshocks are life

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #81368 on: July 22, 2015, 12:07:59 pm »

I did well with the PS2 controller, even did decently at Half Life, Oni, SW Battlefront 2, and other "precision" shooters.  They did program around the controller a lot of course.  I'm sure I would do okay with the XBOX controller if I had more experience with it, and it was a little smaller.

Going from the Gamecube to the PS2 was a relief so I do think the controller size matters.  I'm glad Metroid Prime was practically all lock-on shooting.
She/they

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #81369 on: July 22, 2015, 12:17:57 pm »

You ever play with the Nintendo 64 controller? That thing was a beast. I always derived some amusement from being the only person I know who could grip the thing by the left and right prongs instead of having one hand on the central one. Giant hands yay
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #81370 on: July 22, 2015, 12:46:16 pm »

You ever play with the Nintendo 64 controller? That thing was a beast. I always derived some amusement from being the only person I know who could grip the thing by the left and right prongs instead of having one hand on the central one. Giant hands yay
Oh hey, someone else was able to do that.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #81371 on: July 22, 2015, 12:52:07 pm »

Guaranteed income 'now' is probably better then maybe income 'later'.  Might be a school of thought.
I think you're right. To stockholders, having all of the money you can have is better than having some of the money you could get later, even if the latter is more than the former.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #81372 on: July 22, 2015, 12:54:24 pm »

>hard drive almost completely filled
>Windows automatically runs a disk cleanup
>apparently erases a bunch of temp files
>available disk space goes from forty-eight megabytes to thirty-five
>gj Windows

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81373 on: July 22, 2015, 12:56:32 pm »

>gj Windows

treesize is 5mb

download it and see where the junk is

then remove that junk from the premises

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #81374 on: July 22, 2015, 01:03:17 pm »

>gj Windows

treesize is 5mb

download it and see where the junk is

then remove that junk from the premises

I already have Treesize. I'll go full exterminatus on my hard drive this weekend (it's probably eighty percent junk) with it, Windows did this automatically. I remain baffled at how it reduces the available space by 'deleting' stuff.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.
Pages: 1 ... 5423 5424 [5425] 5426 5427 ... 10995