Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1028 1029 [1030] 1031 1032 ... 1571

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2309170 times)

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #15435 on: September 16, 2015, 05:25:40 pm »

Jet fuel can't melt steel beams is acknowledged. So that's something. Plus she didn't know that Bush did 9/11 so...
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #15436 on: September 16, 2015, 11:24:45 pm »

Killed by ice and forgetting that i cant move while sliding on it.  but I finally beat stage 4 with Aria, so the joy of success overpowered the rage at how many different mechanics require different moving patterns.

crypt of the necrodancer

theres a lot less critters on stage 3 w/aria.  kinda not suprised, because it can get real intense with just a dagger in there.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #15437 on: September 17, 2015, 05:59:26 am »

The dildo has gone and done it again. This time a level 100 dildo that has the ability to INSTANTLY FUCKING HEAL and prioritises dildos over everything else.

How I read it :P im sorry
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Lukewarm

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps, if you ask nicely.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15438 on: September 17, 2015, 09:14:39 am »

I get that I was a pagan nation for a while, but if trying to go feudal means that my relatively large Lithuania at 25-ish size can't pull together two thousand men, I should probably have stuck at medium tribal organization. Yeah, take that dutchy, you damn poles.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15439 on: September 17, 2015, 09:36:19 am »

how does the tribal thing work now?  Im going to probably try a lithuania start after I finish my Italy run, which only has maybe 250 years left.
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Lukewarm

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps, if you ask nicely.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15440 on: September 17, 2015, 09:43:19 am »

It's not the proper thread for it, but I'll keep it short- you have your levy, and if you have vassals you can call them and their entire levy into war with you. This can amount to good numbers, as the larger ones I've seen have hit 1700~ men.The total army numbers are less, so that's often quite a bit, not like Western Europe. You get poor income, though, as your levy is affected by how many empty holding your counties have. Going beyond Medium Tribal Organization takes you from the previously mentioned 'all vassals, all levies' model to 'call them as your levies with the control that implies, but only get 20-75 percent of their total men '. Probably, I could be wrong.
Perhaps I just got overly used to the tribal model and overextended.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15441 on: September 17, 2015, 11:17:19 am »

Ever give your 500 year old mega-duchy out on accident to a duke you have a truce with?  Ever see your personal deseme that can raise over 20K troops turn into one that raise 6k?  And then he handed all the baronies out to his council, so I cant murderate him?

CKII
PKs DF Mod!

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #15442 on: September 17, 2015, 12:10:35 pm »

Upon arguing that concrete isn't a mineral but is really a conglomerate of minerals, she replied "Well it certainly isn't an animal or vegetable. Have you not played 20 Questions before?"
That's why we tend to play 20 questions by giving what it is, but the categories are "animal", "vegetable", "mineral", "man-made", "other", or "unknown". "Unknown" is what we use for abstract things like "love" or "nothing", while "other" is what we use for things that sorta have a type that is not a simple one like "light" or "the sun".

It makes the games a fair bit more intense when you can choose any noun instead of just easily encountered physical objects. :P
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Wimopy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15443 on: September 17, 2015, 03:22:00 pm »

So, after liberal application of cheats to actually start fucking getting somewhere, I got a raptor. Saddled it etc.

The game fixed this transgression by spawning a non-glowing alpha raptor. They glow so you can identify them from a distance. Of course the game decided 'eh, fuck you.' and made one that FUCKING DIDN'T

I cheated in time to stop it killing me, but not in time to save my pet.

Ark

You know... I really think the game wants you and everyone dear to you dead at this point. I advise contacting the police for protection or sleeping with a gun, if you're in a place where that's legal.

I started the game again (tried the first game, but playing with one digit fps due to technical problems is suffering).

I heroically closed two of three basement shutters to keep out an army of krogan, vorcha and varrens.
Now, I needed to fight across a large, open room to close the last one.
I enter, instantly get shot so much I die, no questions.

Reload

This time, I mamage to get to cover and start stripping vorcha armour so I can abuse my biotic powers.
I see a varren, quickly shoot it in the head twice, before it goes on a flanking route. I decide it's no danger, I can just lift it or whatever and Tali's (modded game because something new) shotgun can probably annihilate it.
Back to the vorcha.
A minute later I get pushed out from cover, barrier stripped. The varren I shot has arrived. I reflexively launch a shockwave then concentrate on getting back to cover and pushing a vorcha that got too close back. I have the time, the shockwave will probably send the poor varren flying and knock it out for a few seconds.
Except it doesn't. The damn thing only trips from a lvl4 Improved Shockwave, then almost instantly attacks me.
I don't know if I died from the varren or from the assault rifle fire. But I died fast.

Now updating the Monster Hunter Universe mod
Current Version: 0.4.95b - Updated June 17, 2015
New Thread
Download
Old Thread

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15444 on: September 17, 2015, 03:42:26 pm »

So, uh.
Deployed to defend the FOB of a player I support (no personal risk involved except that of GMP and you get shitloads of that back anyway) on top of his R&D platform. No biggie, the enemy appeared two platforms away. I'll just wait for him and - gunshot? Oh? Oh, he shot me. Not a -- oh. I died.
Waited 30 seconds, respawned... Shot. Again.
Respawned yet again..... And I got shot. I almost got him with my Killer Bee, but no dice.
Respawn once more on the R&D platform core. Wait for him near the top and, as luck would have it, he's climbing right up where I am. As soon as he tops the stairs, grenade launcher. To his face.
He falls down but starts shooting me. I shoot him again, directly, with a grenade launcher, seconds after the first, and I die.
He runs straight into the target door while I'm waiting for the respawn timer to end. The kicker?
He shouldn't have been able to do that, I thought. You can't enter it during alerts, I knew. . . except every guard was dead or he wasn't visible to them. Joy.

MGSV Multiplayer
Black lives matter.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15445 on: September 17, 2015, 10:44:57 pm »

So, after liberal application of cheats to actually start fucking getting somewhere, I got a raptor. Saddled it etc.

The game fixed this transgression by spawning a non-glowing alpha raptor. They glow so you can identify them from a distance. Of course the game decided 'eh, fuck you.' and made one that FUCKING DIDN'T

Ark
I thought you said that you were going to stop playing that game? I would, at this point. It's like an abusive partner.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #15446 on: September 18, 2015, 12:56:09 am »

Ark
I thought you said that you were going to stop playing that game? I would, at this point. It's like an abusive partner.
I feel what's going on here is a combination of Stockholm and Sunk Cost Fallacy.
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #15447 on: September 18, 2015, 01:38:39 am »

Sunk Homes Fallindrome?
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Donuts

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Madman
    • View Profile
« Reply #15448 on: September 18, 2015, 01:46:57 am »

TERRIBLE HORROR STORY
Welcome to FOB mode, dear, with only the best bullshit to be had!
"Oh shit, they've got a slogan! It means they're serious!"

karhell

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_A_MOLPY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #15449 on: September 18, 2015, 03:14:07 am »

Ran head first into Uber Diablo in Lut Gholein sewers...
Spamming meteor wasn't enough to overcome both his resistances and regeneration... Buggrit

Pages: 1 ... 1028 1029 [1030] 1031 1032 ... 1571