Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 156 157 [158] 159 160 ... 327

Author Topic: Adventure Mode Little Questions Thread  (Read 621958 times)

Haxitodl

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: Adventure Mode Little Questions Thread
« Reply #2355 on: October 07, 2014, 03:11:40 am »

Hello. Is there any way to destroy the doors in adventure mod? I just start to play as a dragon, and discover that i can't step outside the house where're my character started.
I think a more effective solution would be to add [CANOPENDOORS] for dragons.  Depending on how you want to play you may also wish to add [CAN_SPEAK] and [CAN_LEARN] or [INTELLIGENT].  Assuming you want to be able to eat, you should also add [GRASP] to the dragon's hands.  I think this is relatively straightforward (just change the line "[BODY:QUADRUPED_NECK:TAIL:2EYES:..." to "
[BODY:QUADRUPED_NECK_FRONT_GRASP:TAIL:2EYES:...]), but if not I can post an example of dragon raws modded to add in grasp.  You will probably also want to carry around some sort of cutting weapon (i.e. your starting dagger) so that you are able to butcher corpses. 

If you plan to play fort mode with the same raws you may want to make dragons with grasp a separate creature, so that dragons that visit your fort aren't carrying weapons and opening doors.

If you are having trouble figuring all this out, I have done it in the past and can dig out and post the raws I used.  I believe I made my dragon adventurers able to fly as well, just cuz.  One downer - things burn REALLY slowly on adventurer time scales (it takes a large fraction of a day for fires to spread one tile) but anything you set fire to directly should burn pretty nicely.  So long as it doesn't have a shield anyway...

I think about adding [GRASP] tag already. I don't maked that yet only because i don't want to make all of the dragons capable "carrying weapons and opening doors", so, yeah. It's possible to avoid, i understand you correctly? By making a separate, "non-existing" type of these creatures?

PS In vanilla DF flying dragons are default creatures, heh. Just find this out, when dived in raws and stumble upon the file "creature_mega_z". They tagged as [DRAGON_SKY], and named as sky dragons.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #2356 on: October 07, 2014, 06:40:49 am »

PS In vanilla DF flying dragons are default creatures, heh. Just find this out, when dived in raws and stumble upon the file "creature_mega_z". They tagged as [DRAGON_SKY], and named as sky dragons.
There are no 'sky dragons' in vanilla DF. There is also no 'creature_mega_z' file. You are playing with a mod.

Haxitodl

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2357 on: October 07, 2014, 07:25:45 am »

There are no 'sky dragons' in vanilla DF. There is also no 'creature_mega_z' file. You are playing with a mod.

Really? Well, maybe i install something and forgot about that. Sorry for spreading a wrong info.  :o

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #2358 on: October 08, 2014, 10:35:20 am »

Large_predator determines ambushes via creatures, yea?  Im sick of wolves, bandits, and Ñ being the only things ambushing me.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Sirbug

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2359 on: October 08, 2014, 11:53:05 am »

How do I climb? What buttons do I press?
Cool, but wouldn't this likely lead to tongues having a '[SPEACH]' tag, and thus via necromancy we would have nearly unkillable reanimated tongues following necromancers spamming 'it is sad but not unexpected'?

Pirate Bob

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC: TORTURE_FOR_SCIENCE: ACCEPTABLE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2360 on: October 08, 2014, 12:09:31 pm »

How do I climb? What buttons do I press?
Press 'h' (as in hold) when standing next to something you want to climb.  After selecting a hold, then move in the direction you want to go as normal.  To move up or down, use "<" and ">", like climbing stairs.  Keep in mind that if your path is blocked (i.e. there is a branch in the way) you won't be able to move in that direction, and the game doesn't give any notification about this - you just don't go anywhere.

Sorry Haxitodl, I forgot to post the dragon adventurer raws last night (did you figure it out yourself, or do you still want them?).  I will try to do it tonight, but may forget again as I'm very busy and likely won't get home until really late.

Nikow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2361 on: October 08, 2014, 01:09:49 pm »

Sorry Haxitodl, I forgot to post the dragon adventurer raws last night (did you figure it out yourself, or do you still want them?).  I will try to do it tonight, but may forget again as I'm very busy and likely won't get home until really late.
I am interested too.
In my fortress dwarves are dying from old age.
Dwarven wine is a little bit like good chicken soup:  solid at room temperature.

Pirate Bob

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC: TORTURE_FOR_SCIENCE: ACCEPTABLE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2362 on: October 08, 2014, 05:41:05 pm »

I didn't find my old raws, but made some new ones which seem to work:

Code: (entity_dragon.txt) [Select]
entity_dragon

[OBJECT:ENTITY]

[ENTITY:DRAGON]
[INDIV_CONTROLLABLE]
[CREATURE:DRAGON_ADVENTURER]
[TRANSLATION:HUMAN]

Code: (creature_dragon.txt) [Select]
creature_dragon

[OBJECT:CREATURE]

[CREATURE:DRAGON_ADVENTURER]
[DESCRIPTION:A gigantic reptilian creature.  It is magical and can breathe fire.  These monsters can live for thousands of years.]
[NAME:dragon:dragons:draconic]
[CASTE_NAME:dragon:dragons:draconic]
[CREATURE_TILE:'D'][COLOR:2:0:0]
[CAN_DO_INTERACTION:MATERIAL_EMISSION]
[CDI:ADV_NAME:Breath fire]
[CDI:USAGE_HINT:ATTACK]
[CDI:BP_REQUIRED:BY_CATEGORY:MOUTH]
[CDI:FLOW:DRAGONFIRE]
[CDI:TARGET:C:LINE_OF_SIGHT]
[CDI:TARGET_RANGE:C:15]
[CDI:MAX_TARGET_NUMBER:C:1]
[CDI:WAIT_PERIOD:50]
[FIREIMMUNE_SUPER]
[FANCIFUL]
[SPHERE:FIRE]
[SPHERE:WEALTH]
[CURIOUSBEAST_ITEM]
[NOFEAR][NOEXERT]
[BUILDINGDESTROYER:2]
[LIKES_FIGHTING]
[GRASSTRAMPLE:50]
[BONECARN]
[INTELLIGENT]
[CANOPENDOORS]
[EQUIPS]
[FLIER]
[PREFSTRING:terrible majesty]

[BODY:QUADRUPED_NECK_FRONT_GRASP:TAIL:2EYES:NOSE:2LUNGS:HEART:GUTS:ORGANS:THROAT:NECK:SPINE:BRAIN:SKULL:4TOES_FQ_REG:4TOES_RQ_REG:MOUTH:TONGUE:GENERIC_

TEETH_WITH_LARGE_EYE_TEETH:RIBCAGE]
[BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:STANDARD_MATERIALS]
[REMOVE_MATERIAL:SKIN]
[REMOVE_MATERIAL:LEATHER]
[REMOVE_MATERIAL:HAIR]
[USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:SCALE:SCALE_TEMPLATE]
[BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:STANDARD_TISSUES]
[REMOVE_TISSUE:SKIN]
[REMOVE_TISSUE:HAIR]
[USE_TISSUE_TEMPLATE:SCALE:SCALE_TEMPLATE]
[BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:VERTEBRATE_TISSUE_LAYERS:SCALE:FAT:MUSCLE:BONE:CARTILAGE]
[USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:CLAW:NAIL_TEMPLATE]
[USE_TISSUE_TEMPLATE:CLAW:CLAW_TEMPLATE]
[TISSUE_LAYER:BY_CATEGORY:TOE:CLAW:FRONT]
[BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:LEATHERY_EGG_MATERIALS]
[SELECT_TISSUE_LAYER:HEART:BY_CATEGORY:HEART]
[PLUS_TISSUE_LAYER:SCALE:BY_CATEGORY:THROAT]
[TL_MAJOR_ARTERIES]
[BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:STANDARD_HEAD_POSITIONS]
[BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:HUMANOID_RIBCAGE_POSITIONS]
[USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:SINEW:SINEW_TEMPLATE]
[TENDONS:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:SINEW:200]
[LIGAMENTS:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:SINEW:200]
[HAS_NERVES]
[USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:BLOOD:BLOOD_TEMPLATE]
[BLOOD:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:BLOOD:LIQUID]
[CREATURE_CLASS:GENERAL_POISON]
[GETS_WOUND_INFECTIONS]
[GETS_INFECTIONS_FROM_ROT]
[USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:PUS:PUS_TEMPLATE]
[PUS:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:PUS:LIQUID]
[BODY_SIZE:0:0:6000]
[BODY_SIZE:1000:0:25000000]
[BODY_APPEARANCE_MODIFIER:LENGTH:90:95:98:100:102:105:110]
[BODY_APPEARANCE_MODIFIER:HEIGHT:90:95:98:100:102:105:110]
[BODY_APPEARANCE_MODIFIER:BROADNESS:90:95:98:100:102:105:110]
[ATTACK:BITE:CHILD_BODYPART_GROUP:BY_CATEGORY:HEAD:BY_CATEGORY:TOOTH]
[ATTACK_SKILL:BITE]
[ATTACK_VERB:bite:bites]
[ATTACK_CONTACT_PERC:100]
[ATTACK_PENETRATION_PERC:100]
[ATTACK_FLAG_EDGE]
[ATTACK_PREPARE_AND_RECOVER:3:3]
[ATTACK_PRIORITY:MAIN]
[ATTACK_FLAG_CANLATCH]
[ATTACK:CLAW:CHILD_TISSUE_LAYER_GROUP:BY_TYPE:STANCE:BY_CATEGORY:ALL:CLAW]
[ATTACK_SKILL:GRASP_STRIKE]
[ATTACK_VERB:claw:claws]
[ATTACK_CONTACT_PERC:100]
[ATTACK_PENETRATION_PERC:100]
[ATTACK_FLAG_EDGE]
[ATTACK_PREPARE_AND_RECOVER:3:3]
[ATTACK_PRIORITY:MAIN]
[ALL_ACTIVE]
[MENT_ATT_RANGE:WILLPOWER:3000:3500:3750:4000:4250:4500:5000]
[LAIR:SIMPLE_BURROW:100]
[HABIT_NUM:TEST_ALL]
[HABIT:COLLECT_WEALTH:100]
[NATURAL_SKILL:BITE:6]
[NATURAL_SKILL:GRASP_STRIKE:6]
[NATURAL_SKILL:RANGED_COMBAT:6]
[NATURAL_SKILL:MELEE_COMBAT:6]
[NATURAL_SKILL:DODGING:6]
[NATURAL_SKILL:SITUATIONAL_AWARENESS:6]
[APPLY_CREATURE_VARIATION:STANDARD_QUADRUPED_GAITS:900:730:561:351:1900:2900] 25 kph
[APPLY_CREATURE_VARIATION:STANDARD_SWIMMING_GAITS:2990:2257:1525:731:4300:6100] 12 kph
[APPLY_CREATURE_VARIATION:STANDARD_CRAWLING_GAITS:2990:2257:1525:731:4300:6100] 12 kph
[SWIMS_INNATE]
[HOMEOTHERM:10040]
[CASTE:FEMALE]
[FEMALE]
[LAYS_EGGS]
[EGG_MATERIAL:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:EGGSHELL:SOLID]
[EGG_MATERIAL:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:EGG_WHITE:LIQUID]
[EGG_MATERIAL:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:EGG_YOLK:LIQUID]
[EGG_SIZE:6100]
[CLUTCH_SIZE:1:3]
[CASTE:MALE]
[MALE]
[SELECT_CASTE:ALL]
[SET_TL_GROUP:BY_CATEGORY:ALL:SCALE]
[TL_COLOR_MODIFIER:GREEN:1]
[TLCM_NOUN:scales:PLURAL]
[SET_TL_GROUP:BY_CATEGORY:EYE:EYE]
[TL_COLOR_MODIFIER:BLACK:1]
[TLCM_NOUN:eyes:PLURAL]
[SELECT_MATERIAL:ALL]
[MULTIPLY_VALUE:15]
[COLDDAM_POINT:NONE]
[HEATDAM_POINT:NONE]
[IGNITE_POINT:NONE]
[IF_EXISTS_SET_MELTING_POINT:55000]
[IF_EXISTS_SET_BOILING_POINT:57000]
[SPEC_HEAT:30000]
Need to make sure blood and pus aren't solid at regular temperatures.
[SELECT_MATERIAL:BLOOD]
[PLUS_MATERIAL:PUS]
[MELTING_POINT:10000]

Copy these into /raw/objects, generate a new world, and you should have dragons that can open doors, grasp things, equip and fly.  You can remove [EQUIPS] and [FLIER] if you don't want to equip or fly (or just not do these things, although not flying by accident is hard).  I am not an expert modder, so I can't guarantee no mistakes, but I tested this and it definitely at least worked long enough for me to burn up some elves, butcher and eat them. 

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #2363 on: October 09, 2014, 10:50:22 pm »

I was wondering about adventurers acquiring necromancy powers, is it possible if you retire one and play with other characters for months (or retire/unretire them to move the world update for several months) will he do what necromancers do, i mean building a tower ?

Or are player characters "frozen" in time and never doing anything during world updates ?

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2364 on: October 09, 2014, 11:14:22 pm »

I was wondering about adventurers acquiring necromancy powers, is it possible if you retire one and play with other characters for months (or retire/unretire them to move the world update for several months) will he do what necromancers do, i mean building a tower ?

Or are player characters "frozen" in time and never doing anything during world updates ?

No idea on building a tower, but in a previous game where I had one adventurer retired for months while another did stuff, but the retired adventurer didn't do anything.

Someone did mention in the 'what's going on in your adventurer' that a retired adventurer had obtained a knife and a pouch of coins, but I think that was after five years or something.

Sirbug

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2365 on: October 10, 2014, 06:33:07 am »

What is the best age of the world for adventure mod in smaller world? Would it be fun to have it 25 years or so?
Cool, but wouldn't this likely lead to tongues having a '[SPEACH]' tag, and thus via necromancy we would have nearly unkillable reanimated tongues following necromancers spamming 'it is sad but not unexpected'?

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #2366 on: October 10, 2014, 09:27:11 am »

What is the best age of the world for adventure mod in smaller world? Would it be fun to have it 25 years or so?
I prefer 100-200 in all worlds, but in smaller worlds I really like very early (50) or very late (1000)

So yes, if you are hoping to slay one of the 5 Megabeasts that spawn earlier is better.  Or if you dont want to see a civ go extinct before you play.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2367 on: October 10, 2014, 09:34:18 am »

I go for 300, theres always some titans around and sometimes a few dragons. Occasionally though, Rocs will proliferate. Mainly I go for 300 so that at least three dwarven generations go by.

Nikow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2368 on: October 10, 2014, 10:31:10 am »

My retired character got lord and other got countness status. So... It's possible. Some other was killed by Vile Man. So... Meybe. But They need time to get relations and stuff.
In my fortress dwarves are dying from old age.
Dwarven wine is a little bit like good chicken soup:  solid at room temperature.

Sirbug

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2369 on: October 10, 2014, 10:34:53 am »

I prefer 100-200 in all worlds, but in smaller worlds I really like very early (50) or very late (1000)

So yes, if you are hoping to slay one of the 5 Megabeasts that spawn earlier is better.  Or if you dont want to see a civ go extinct before you play.
My primary problem is productivity, as you could probably guess. But I'd also like to have some towns and bandits around.
Pages: 1 ... 156 157 [158] 159 160 ... 327