Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 175 176 [177] 178 179 ... 327

Author Topic: Adventure Mode Little Questions Thread  (Read 621886 times)

Ziusudra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Adventure Mode Little Questions Thread
« Reply #2640 on: January 04, 2015, 11:15:13 pm »

Hey guys!

I ran into a bit of a snag...

Apparently, A dragon was last seen at a ruined fortress.
I went to the fortress and looked around, but I haven't found anything yet.

Is the dragon going to be along with the random bedrooms/statue garden rooms...

Or is there the terrible possibility it has gotten into the caverns, never to be seen again?  ???
Only FBs stay at fortresses they destroy. The dragon just went back to its lair.
That's not necessarily true. I've had a world where a hydra took up residence in a fortress it ruined.

That hydra was in a bedroom. There was a point where I could not get to that part of the fortress. See bugs 7940 and 6955.
Ironblood didn't use an axe because he needed it. He used it to be kind. And right now he wasn't being kind.

kingu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2641 on: January 05, 2015, 05:31:44 am »

Am I the only one that can never reach the top level of any towers?
I mean the kind of towers that are in keeps, along city walls and in dark pits. Once a companion managed to get through somehow but got stuck up there.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2642 on: January 05, 2015, 06:03:41 am »

I changed some of my keybinds to faciliate what you gotta do there, since I love creeping up there at night and butchering goblins/getting them stuck in the fortifications and punting them back out of them over the side.

I made shift+the numpad arrow keys do careful movement, which lets you go up through the hatches.

I can't do the diagonals because I'm far too used to having shift+1/0 for up/down movement, so I use alt for the diagonals but only really use them with advfort constructions anyways, so no big deal there.

Having the opposite problem to the one I mentioned above, I turned the UCR_A tags back on for the combat messages I wanted to see but now I don't get the "strikes the [body part] with the [weapon] and [whatever happens]" messages in the log at all.

Ziusudra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2643 on: January 05, 2015, 05:01:16 pm »

Um, shift+direction is already bound to move up+direction and ctrl+direction is down.

Once you're on the top ramp (under the hatch) use Shift+(direction of pillar) to go up. To go back down stand above the pillar and use Ctrl+(direction of ramp).
Ironblood didn't use an axe because he needed it. He used it to be kind. And right now he wasn't being kind.

EuphoriaToRegret

• Bay Watcher
  • [MUNDANE]
    • View Profile
    • My Newgrounds Art
« Reply #2644 on: January 05, 2015, 08:41:13 pm »

Hey guys!

I ran into a bit of a snag...

Apparently, A dragon was last seen at a ruined fortress.
I went to the fortress and looked around, but I haven't found anything yet.

Is the dragon going to be along with the random bedrooms/statue garden rooms...

Or is there the terrible possibility it has gotten into the caverns, never to be seen again?  ???
Only FBs stay at fortresses they destroy. The dragon just went back to its lair.
That's not necessarily true. I've had a world where a hydra took up residence in a fortress it ruined.

That hydra was in a bedroom. There was a point where I could not get to that part of the fortress. See bugs 7940 and 6955.

It does, In fact, say the dragon is LIVING in the fortress.

It appears as though it has made the fortress its lair...
I guess I can have my adventurer retire, play fortress mode to force a few years to pass, and simply play as the adventurer again.

Hopefully the dragon decides it's done eating dwarves and will move on to it's lair...

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2645 on: January 07, 2015, 06:51:53 am »

Um, shift+direction is already bound to move up+direction and ctrl+direction is down.

Once you're on the top ramp (under the hatch) use Shift+(direction of pillar) to go up. To go back down stand above the pillar and use Ctrl+(direction of ramp).

I mean I changed it to be careful move that direction so I can use it for advfort, with shift+numpad 1 and shift+numpad 0 for up/down (too used to having numpad 1/0 be up/down in fortress mode) since the default advfort bindings have careful move as the build/dig/etc trigger.

The dragon in the fortress thing makes me wonder though, when I was trying to steal a dorf from a fort I messed up and didn't do the dfusion change adventurer step so when I traveled it swapped me to a different creature, one of the creatures was a Roc... which was INSIDE the fort I had unretired, in a locked off section I couldn't reach normally, and which had no access to the surface.

I later went in with advfort and dug a route to the Roc and killed it.

*checks legends*

HAH! Apparently it was the reason Boredpaddles was lost in the first place, and it had been living there for 180 years when I dug through and beat it to death in adventure mode, no wonder they declared me to be a hero after doing that, it was the reason the fortress had to be reclaimed!

Sodrak Obintohe

• Escaped Lunatic
  • ''It is terrifying''
    • View Profile
« Reply #2646 on: January 09, 2015, 03:47:12 pm »

I Have a QuestioN!
I would like to know where to find the freaking human faction leader!? i find the lords in every town or mead hall, but all i find is lady and lord consorts, no kings, does law-givers are the human kings?

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #2647 on: January 09, 2015, 03:51:50 pm »

I Have a QuestioN!
I would like to know where to find the freaking human faction leader!? i find the lords in every town or mead hall, but all i find is lady and lord consorts, no kings, does law-givers are the human kings?
Yes, a law-giver is a human king.

Oriolous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2648 on: January 09, 2015, 06:09:59 pm »

How do I equip armor? -3- I found some bronze gauntlets and I want to equip them, but I have no idea how.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #2649 on: January 09, 2015, 06:10:57 pm »

(w)ear them.
You may have to (r)emove gloves or mittens first.
They also can't be 'large' or 'small' sized.  Which is relative to your character.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Oriolous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2650 on: January 09, 2015, 06:58:20 pm »

(w)ear them.
You may have to (r)emove gloves or mittens first.
They also can't be 'large' or 'small' sized.  Which is relative to your character.

Thanks. Now what do shopkeepers look like using Phoebus? XD or what building are they in in a human settlement?

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2651 on: January 09, 2015, 07:48:04 pm »

Shops tend to have signs out front, and (l)ooking at them should tell you what type of shop it is. The appearance of the sign should also help. Additionally, it should be mentioned on the (T)ravel map, like it mentions other notable structures such as temples or mead halls.

There's no guarantee that a settlement will have shops, however.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #2652 on: January 09, 2015, 07:51:22 pm »

You could check every soldier you spot.  They will be willing to sell their gear.  Im a fan of buying human peasant knives and throwing them at things.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

DanielTDS

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2653 on: January 09, 2015, 08:18:54 pm »

For the first time I started an adventure as a Dwarf. As I start the game, I look up for where everyone is at. Soon, I find where all the dwarves are gathering around (something link a dining room).

But, for my surprise, there pacific goblins there! What explains that? Why there are friendly goblins at the dwarves's dining room?

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2654 on: January 09, 2015, 08:32:45 pm »

Likely from a conquered goblin civilization.
Pages: 1 ... 175 176 [177] 178 179 ... 327