Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1169 1170 [1171] 1172 1173 ... 1420

Author Topic: Things that made you absolutely terrified today  (Read 1833949 times)

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you absolutely terrified today
« Reply #17550 on: February 04, 2017, 01:06:48 am »

*I'm on a laptop at 40% charge, nosey Mom comes in and notices*

"Oh honey the laptop is getting a little low, I'll plug that in for you"

*Like a solid minute of my Mom struggling in the dark to see and plug in the laptop*

Me- "Mom I'll plug it in."

*Goes to plug it in, and the outlet shorts somewhere, sending sparks flying and making loud POPS. I flinch away*

"The laptop doesn't need to be plugged in"

But for real, that scared the hell out of me.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #17551 on: February 04, 2017, 01:08:43 am »

So your mom has the power to short out electronic devices doing simple tasks too? I thought my mom was just weird.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #17552 on: February 04, 2017, 01:38:53 am »

I think moms are just impervious to any kind of technology.

My mom got a blood device for her diabetes. It has three buttons and an instruction manual that points at exactly which ones to press to set the time and date. Didn't even try it, immediately threw up her hands and gave it to me.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #17553 on: February 04, 2017, 09:02:33 am »

I have no knowledge of the judicial systems of other nations. Is trial by peers unusual in Europe? Do you still get tried by nobles and professional lawmen?
I've actually never had a passport or the chance to travel, so I've never cared enough to investigate.

I did get selected for jury duty a few months back, but they cancelled it before they even called me in so I'm good for another two years :v

Here in Sweden we have a professional judge - a doomer - that is the final voice on the matter, and a couple of Namedmen which assist him. The Namedmen are chosen by the communal governments from a list of volunteers associated with the parties. There is a bit of a controversy about them since they're basically politically appointed.

The historical reason for this system, though, puts it a bit in perspective as to why we have these "political psuedo-judges". Back in the day, the judges were the representatives of the king, and the people did not think that was cool. So they instituted a system where the people would name representatives of their peers to keep an eye on the judges and make sure the court was fair - basically the same reason as juries. Over time, as the state became more and more democratically influenced, the election of the namedmen was merged into the election of governments.

Personally I am very on the fence on the matter. I think it's got in theory that people have a say, but I don't like the political ties of it, and I don't like that it has very few requirements on legal knowledge. However, since the proper judge has the final say anyway, I am okay with it on the whole. I would prefer a council of proper judges, but that isn't particularly realistic given the education times and costs.
Love, scriver~

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17554 on: February 04, 2017, 09:18:54 am »

I haven't own a television in years, but I saw a snippet of some reality TV thing by accident a minute ago, they were like aliens to me, and I could only think "what a bunch of collosal knobheads". I'm steadfastly glad I completely gave up TV.

doomer ... Namedmen

Swedish legal system just certainly sounds terrifying and Lovecraftian.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2017, 05:29:20 am by Reelya »

Dozebôm Lolumzalěs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #17555 on: February 04, 2017, 09:36:47 am »

Nah-med-men!
Quote from: King James Programming
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
Quote from: Salvané Descocrates
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • "Lest he be compelled to labor."
    • View Profile
« Reply #17556 on: February 05, 2017, 06:06:03 am »

They may have names, but I doubt they have faces.
It is good to choose your battles. It is better to choose your wars.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #17557 on: February 06, 2017, 07:48:05 pm »

Mistakes are made in sleepless daze
Brought on about through sleepless days.
One fears to think how enduring...
The consequences will be,
Will I keep my dignity?

Whelp, looks like I'm gonna get wrecked multiple times over the next few weeks. A beautiful intersection of multiple lives, social, work, work, work again, education, language, each one a wonderful train speeding on ahead into the beautiful intersection. Individually all are wonderful components, taken together, they make a train crash  ;D
I am maintaining good spirits, but inwardly, am panicking like hell. I need only remind myself that as of 1 in the morning there is nothing I can do to solve anything, and to avoid resting well this night would mean I would still have to solve all these conflicts, only doing so without sleep. Few things as fearful as having to defend one's own evident mistakes to a boss who has already done much for them!
Oh woe is me

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17558 on: February 06, 2017, 07:53:50 pm »

Last night I had a great dream where I played something like Skyrim, but in the body of the PC.
I got my hand bit off by a bear.  Three times.  Always the right hand.
I mean it wasn't really painful, just very disturbing.
The last time, I managed to offhand-stab the bear enough times in its already exposed guts that it relented.  My hand slowly regenerated.

I blame a recent Dead Space marathon.
Edit: And going to sleep troubled by RL shit, and not sufficiently drunk.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #17559 on: February 06, 2017, 07:55:27 pm »

Mistakes are made in sleepless daze
Brought on about through sleepless days.
One fears to think how enduring...
The consequences will be,
Will I keep my dignity?

Whelp, looks like I'm gonna get wrecked multiple times over the next few weeks. A beautiful intersection of multiple lives, social, work, work, work again, education, language, each one a wonderful train speeding on ahead into the beautiful intersection. Individually all are wonderful components, taken together, they make a train crash  ;D
I am maintaining good spirits, but inwardly, am panicking like hell. I need only remind myself that as of 1 in the morning there is nothing I can do to solve anything, and to avoid resting well this night would mean I would still have to solve all these conflicts, only doing so without sleep. Few things as fearful as having to defend one's own evident mistakes to a boss who has already done much for them!
Oh woe is me
You getting all poetic there terrified me.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #17561 on: February 07, 2017, 05:16:29 pm »

My hair keeps falling out now I have a bald spot on the back of my head too! D:
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17562 on: February 08, 2017, 06:40:50 am »

Opened my newsfeed page and the top headline was ... "Live cockroach stuck in woman’s skull".

Man that would have to suck. The cockroach was all comfy there in his dark, warm, wet and safe little space, then some maniacs with drills and saws come and pull you out of there and into the terrifying bright lights of the overworld.

If you're worried about possible hairloss then you should look into scalp health and types of shampoos.
https://www.baldingbeards.com/best-hair-loss-treatment/
http://www.progressivehealth.com/nizoral-shampoo.htm
The top two are going to be expensive. #3 is Nizoril, which is a fairly cheap and easily available anti-dandruff shampoo, but clinical studies have found the 2% version reduces hair loss at comparable rates to Minoxidil/Regaine, but not as much as finasteride (propecia), but I hear finasteride has some nasty side effects*. So minoxidil+nizoral combo wins as the most effective treatment that doesn't cause things like:

http://www.rxlist.com/propecia-side-effects-drug-center.htm

* Side effects of very effective hairgrowth drug finasteride:

impotence,
    loss of interest in sex,
    trouble having an orgasm,
    abnormal ejaculation,
    swelling in your hands or feet,
    swelling or tenderness in your breasts,
    dizziness,
    weakness,
    feeling like you might pass out,
    headache,
    runny nose, or
    skin rash.

So yeah, avoid this stuff unless you want to turn into a narcoleptic impotent person with a runny nose and skin rash, who's grown breasts and has giant balloon hands and feet. BTW Trump takes this stuff. Another reason not to. But anyone worried should at least use something like a Ketoconazole-based shampoo (like Nizoral) a couple of times a week.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2017, 07:13:03 am by Reelya »

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #17563 on: February 08, 2017, 07:27:37 am »

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17564 on: February 08, 2017, 07:37:01 am »

Hey baldy stop spreading baldy propaganda for baldies to feel better about being baldies.
Pages: 1 ... 1169 1170 [1171] 1172 1173 ... 1420