Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 122 123 [124] 125 126 ... 141

Author Topic: Free Game List  (Read 612101 times)

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
Re: Free Game List
« Reply #1845 on: December 16, 2022, 11:24:42 am »

Today's epic store freebie is "Horizon Chase Turbo".
That's a mediocre (well depending if you like arcade or sim) arcade racing game that is is very inspired visually by old Chase HQ and Outrun from the eighties.
edit : one of its dlc is free

For the coming 2/3 days you can claim on gog for free "King of Seas" , seems to be an action/rpg/roguelite with ship battles that has a lot of potential (though some reviews are very negative). So far it's not bad at all but i'm only early game and only got through my first ship battle. It seems to automatically save progress (not sure when exactly) and you can't do manual save.

Hopefully it will be a good replacement for old Pirates!
EDIT
if you use the offline installer for King of Seas, make sure to delete "Galaxy64.dll" from
C:\GOG Games\King of Seas\KOS\Plugins\OnlineSubsystemGOG\Source\ThirdParty\GalaxySDK\Libraries\
As without deleting that file, the game save/load system will not be working.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2022, 06:04:48 pm by Robsoie »

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #1846 on: December 17, 2022, 11:19:07 am »

Today on the epic store the freebie is "Costume Quest 2"
Apparently tomorrow it will be "Sable"

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1847 on: December 17, 2022, 02:32:10 pm »

Ooh, if it is Sable, it might be the first game of the Epic free games I play when I get it instead of "Eventually"
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #1848 on: December 18, 2022, 11:10:38 am »

"Sable" is indeed today's epic store freebie
Looks like it has some good potential, though from the reviews it seems there's a lot of problems too.

apparently tomorrow it should be "Them's Fightin' Herds" that seems to be a vs fighting game with cartoony "my little poney"- type of animals...

TurboDwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Pangolins are kind of dwarfy, right?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1849 on: December 18, 2022, 11:18:54 am »

apparently tomorrow it should be "Them's Fightin' Herds" that seems to be a vs fighting game with cartoony "my little poney"- type of animals...
That's 'cause originally, it was a My Little Pony fangame, but the devs rebranded after they got DMCA'd by Hasbro. The more you know!

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #1850 on: December 19, 2022, 11:19:36 am »

So that's why it looked like the pony cartoony thingy, but in the same time going commercial with a fangame without getting in contract with the IP owner is a sure way to get into problems, already several free fangames got DMCA trouble in the past because company are always in look on making more money and seem to be unable to understand what a free fangame can bring to them, so there was so there's no way you're going to get away with adding a tag price.

Anyways, as people guessed that '''Them's Fightin' Herds" is today epic store freebie.
That's a vs fighting game with cartoony pony animals

From the guessing game it seems tomorrow they're re-giving away "Wolfenstein: New Order" , seems like in the last few months there have been a lot of titles that had already been given away a year or two ago

On gog they're giving away Broken Sword : Shadow of the Templars, Director's cut for 2/3 days
For those that never heard about it, Broken Sword is a classic old point&clic adventure game
« Last Edit: December 19, 2022, 11:27:57 am by Robsoie »

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1851 on: December 20, 2022, 04:00:44 am »

So that's why it looked like the pony cartoony thingy, but in the same time going commercial with a fangame without getting in contract with the IP owner is a sure way to get into problems
If I remember right they got the DMCA before they even thought about going commercial.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
« Reply #1852 on: December 20, 2022, 04:09:18 am »

Pour one out right next to it for our Chrono Trigger fan-games.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #1853 on: December 20, 2022, 07:40:18 am »

I remember reading how intendo that sent their legal team to take down a massive amount of fangames in the last few years .

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #1854 on: December 20, 2022, 12:09:03 pm »

Today the epic store freebie is "Wolfenstein New Order" (it was already given away some months ago)
It's a very good FPS with some memorable moment.
(but at least to me the story and characters were just completely crap sadly)

Tomorrow apparently it should be a lego game, no idea which one as there's a tons of them.

Detros

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1855 on: December 20, 2022, 01:04:44 pm »

Tomorrow apparently it should be a lego game, no idea which one as there's a tons of them.
Is Epic dropping some clues on their social sites or how is the next game somewhat-known beforehand? It does not look like the whole list getting to the public from some insider.
Beside other things, bay12forums is also the leader website in calculations of saguaro wood density.
(noted by jwoodward48df)

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #1856 on: December 20, 2022, 01:11:23 pm »

on the epic store page at the part where the free game is displayed, next to it there's a "mystery" picture , usually contains a hint about the mystery game.
Yesterday on the picture there were the nazi helmets you can see on the wolftenstein new order game cover, and today it's ful of lego bricks :

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #1857 on: December 21, 2022, 11:11:11 am »

today on the epic store there's Lego Builder's Journey
looks like a puzzle game using some lego bricks in which you make small bridges to allow a lego character to move from A to B, reviews are rather disapointed.
It seems there's a sandbox mode that allow for building anything you want like with real lego bricks but from what i read about it there's too much limitations to live up to its potential.
oh well, i hoped for one of the old good lego game, but will skip this modern one

the nuke sign on the mystery game cover may hint to either a stalker (or a metro) or a duke nukem or a fallout game for tomorrow.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2022, 11:20:25 am by Robsoie »

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #1858 on: December 22, 2022, 11:22:41 am »

Today on the epic store they have 3 freebies with the old Fallout collection :
Fallout 1
Fallout 2
Fallout Tactics

Oldies but at least good games (though Fallout Tactics is only mediocre unfortunately), re-completed them all when they got free on gog.
If you never played those games before, for the additional community bugfixes and improvement they provide i highly recommend
for Fallout 1 to get Fallout Fix it :
https://www.nma-fallout.com/threads/fallout-fixt-next-release-will-be-some-time-in-jan-2020.194562/
and its WIP update :
https://www.nma-fallout.com/threads/fallout-fixt-next-release-will-be-some-time-in-jan-2020.194562/page-188#post-4307860

for Fallout 2 to get Fallout 2 Restoration Project
https://www.nma-fallout.com/resources/fallout-2-restoration-project-unofficial-expansion-windows-installer.10/
edit : looks like there are people continuing work on this restoration project so you should get this version instead : https://www.nma-fallout.com/threads/up-and-rp-updates.217877/

There are plenty other mods if you're a returning player, make sure to check some.
There also exist a mod to port Fallout 1 into the Fallout 2 engine but never tried it myself so no idea if it's better than using the Fallout Fixit mod instead on F1:
https://www.nma-fallout.com/threads/fallout-et-tu-release-v1-8.218045/

Apparently tomorrow according to some leak the epic freebie should be "Encased"
« Last Edit: December 23, 2022, 11:18:27 am by Robsoie »

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #1859 on: December 23, 2022, 10:55:15 am »

gog is giving away "Greak: Memories of Azur"
Looks like a side scroller / platformer with some nice visuals (though very cartoony) and effects , some reviews mentions it is a metroidvania so it may then not be only linear, but it looks its gimmick is that you're playing with multiple characters at the same time, switching control of you/AI between them when their specific ability is required.

on epic store today it's Encased as it was leaked before.
Encased seems to be a classic fallout-like rpg , though some reviews mentions that it's unfortunately not as great as it should have been with mention of things having an act1 that feels complete and act2 much more empty and rushed.
But so far i'm a dozen of minute in and it seems really very good, lots of references to stalker, with the dome instead of the zone, anomalies, relics/artifacts , there's even a place named Roadside Picnic :D

Apparently tomorrow it should be a Metro game from the hints, people thinks it's going to be Metro Last Light again.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2022, 01:50:09 pm by Robsoie »
Pages: 1 ... 122 123 [124] 125 126 ... 141