Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 124 125 [126] 127 128 ... 141

Author Topic: Free Game List  (Read 612072 times)

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
Re: Free Game List
« Reply #1875 on: December 30, 2022, 10:17:43 am »

On gog you can claim for free for a few days "Daymare 1998"
Apparently originally it was going to be a fan game remaking Resident Evil 2 until it changed directon, from checking the trailer it seems it has some potential as it fortunately does not use the old RE2 frozen screens succession+tank control gameplay but a more action 3rd person one.

edit : i'm very impressed on how truly bad the mouse+keyboard controls are, no wonder they have a key to do a fast 180 change of direction, it's because the mouse view is incredibly bad good luck to quickly change your view direction with it even with increasing the x/y mouse axis sensitivity, in fact i don't remember having seen a mouse view -that- bad in my last decade of playing game.
It also looks like if you want to rebind some keys differently it will not always work because some keys from the keyboard are simply ignored, fantastic (heavy sarcasm there).  Good that autohotkey exists for that kind of crap.

For such terribly bad mouse+keyboard combo support and those oddly ignored keys during key rebinding, i imagine it's because that game was coded for console joypads and the mouse+keyboard was added as an after-thought. Oh well it was free so at least i didn't wasted my money. Back to playing other games.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2022, 12:15:25 pm by Robsoie »

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #1876 on: January 05, 2023, 11:09:02 am »

Some good offering this week on the epic store, the freebies are
"Kerbal Space Program"
"Shadow Tactics : Aiko Choice"

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1877 on: January 05, 2023, 11:48:34 am »

"Kerbal Space Program"
If anyone still doesn't have this game and has even a passing interest in gamified rocket science, make sure you pick this up.

You're basically running a SpaceX-type space agency. Starting from the most basic of solid rocket parts (found "on the side of the road," according to their in-game description), you'll complete missions to earn money (for rocket parts and upgrading your facility), prestige (for bigger and better contracts), and scientific research (to work your way up the tech tree). Carry tourists into space, orbit, or to see other planets; save the stranded missions of other companies; put up satellites in specific orbits; or get Kerbal feet on the ground of other worlds (and back again... hopefully!).

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #1878 on: January 05, 2023, 12:13:39 pm »

Note : if you're not using the epic launcher, but use Legendary (or one of its frontend), make sure to update to the latest version as today they fixed a problem related to Kerbal install directory not being recognized as valid.
https://github.com/derrod/legendary/releases/latest

If you installed Kerbal before updating to the latest Legendary version (or have installed it with a frontend like Heroic Launcher or Rare not yet updated) , uninstall it and re-install it using this latest version of Legendary (or wait for your favorite frontend to update with the latest Legendary fixes).

If you use an not updated frontend or for some reason do not want to get the latest version of Legendary , refer to the wiki for a workaround
https://github.com/derrod/legendary/wiki/Kerbal-Space-Program
« Last Edit: January 05, 2023, 12:16:40 pm by Robsoie »

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1879 on: January 05, 2023, 04:07:49 pm »

"Kerbal Space Program"
If anyone still doesn't have this game and has even a passing interest in gamified rocket science, make sure you pick this up.
I got it in the Xmas Giveaway thread and can concur. I already thought it would be fun, and it's even better than expected!
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #1880 on: January 09, 2023, 12:02:07 pm »

Remember Cortex Command ?

Since it went open source a few years ago there have been a community project to upgrade the engine and etc...
It is standalone and free
Cortex Command Community Project :
https://github.com/cortex-command-community/Cortex-Command-Community-Project-Data/releases

And apparently because of some drama that happened at some point there is a fork of it
Cortex Command Community Continuation :
https://github.com/Cortex-Command-Center/Cortex-Command-Community-Continuation-Engine/releases

No idea if there are any differences between both, just going to use the 1st one as it seems to get more commits.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2023, 12:16:43 pm by Robsoie »

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
« Reply #1881 on: January 09, 2023, 10:12:16 pm »

I remember being so frustrated with the base game. A lot of micromanaging against an AI who could multitask. This is pleasant news!

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #1882 on: January 10, 2023, 01:40:34 pm »

I haven't tried much for now (so many games so little time :D ) but at least for the "CCCP" one it seems to work very well, got crushed by the AI on a quick try on the "scenario -> wave defense" gametype but it was my fault for going alone without calling for more troopers against what was a full squad of enemies that came with their guns shooting at my poor drone :D

I noticed there are lots of mods for the "Cortex Command Community Project" :
https://cccp.mod.io/

they have a discord :
https://discord.gg/TSU6StNQUG
« Last Edit: January 10, 2023, 01:50:51 pm by Robsoie »

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
« Reply #1883 on: January 10, 2023, 03:15:26 pm »

I remember being so frustrated with the base game.
That's about my experience with the latest build. Frustration with no promise of things getting better or being worth dedicating the time and effort to learn the game. Big meh.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #1884 on: January 12, 2023, 11:44:44 am »

This week the epic freebies are :
"Divine Knockout" a 3D clone of those "smash bro" things
"First Class Trouble" a 3D MP-only game of the "among us" genre
"Gamedec Definitive Edition" an isometric RPG in a cyberpunk setting

i had some hope for Gamedec looking at a few screenshots but after reading a few player reviews looks like i'll pass.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2023, 11:48:08 am by Robsoie »

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #1885 on: January 21, 2023, 09:10:38 am »

On gog you can claim for free "Haven Park" .
It's some kind of exploration + building game.
From the reviews it's very average, short and mostly aimed at children, and it does not compare favorably to other similar game like "Alba" or "A Short Hike".
« Last Edit: January 21, 2023, 09:12:48 am by Robsoie »

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #1886 on: January 27, 2023, 12:41:09 pm »

Gog give away the "CDPR goodie pack" ... again.
That's the pack with only wallpapers and screenshots they give away every few months.

Oh but it looks like it's updated with some more as this time there's more than 2gb of screenshots and wallpapers.

Ziusudra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1887 on: January 27, 2023, 04:08:06 pm »

Not yet mentioned in the thread:

Martial Law is a game about difficulties that came with Communism in Poland. Game is meant to visualize the realities of Polish families back then, their ways of thinking and understanding the world. The story is shown from the perspective of a man who is abandoned because of his low social status. He tries his best to be there for his daughter despite the difficulties. Game is also meant to be educational. There are many places you can stop to learn more about Polish culture from the communist era. For Windows, Mac, and Linux. Game originally developed during GameJam Polskigamedev.PL 2021
Ironblood didn't use an axe because he needed it. He used it to be kind. And right now he wasn't being kind.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1888 on: January 29, 2023, 06:41:19 pm »

I noticed that one of the games on the Epic store (Hell is Others) requires this software I've never seen before called East Anti Chat. From what I can see with some googling is that it's cancer that has kernel access, randomly takes screenshots and key logs, doesn't actually stop cheating, and uses a ton of CPU resources.

Can anyone here confirm?

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
« Reply #1889 on: January 29, 2023, 08:28:56 pm »

I heard the same rumors about Easy Anti Cheat. It's used by other games I'm playing however, so I have to suck it up anyway.
Hell is others doesn't work anymore anyway, I think the servers are down.
Pages: 1 ... 124 125 [126] 127 128 ... 141