Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 163

Author Topic: Tome 4: Tales of Maj'Eyal  (Read 471327 times)

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
Re: Tome 4: Tales of Maj'Eyal
« Reply #315 on: September 18, 2011, 03:18:23 pm »

About what level should I attempt the Zigur arena? I tried at level 19 or so last time and my last fight was a level 30 corruptor. But I've heard of people doing it earlier then that and they seemed surprised that it wasn't beatable. Does it pull from a random pool of enemies or what?

Okay, good, I'm not missing something huge. :P

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: September 18, 2011, 03:58:39 pm »

I have to ask: what happens if you refit a gem golem with the crystal focus? does it do anything?

Edit: frozen golem bug: I also suspect the bug is related to cold damage. I've noticed that my cold damage dealing armor now can freeze enemies, and possibly so can the golem's eyearm beams. Maybe trying to freeze a frozen cube triggers the crash?
« Last Edit: September 18, 2011, 05:29:55 pm by ChairmanPoo »
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: September 18, 2011, 07:49:47 pm »

Re: Focus in golem eye: The only thing that would happen would be the base damage changing, as with all gems. You wouldn't get any stat bonii from it.

Ice. Ice damage. There's a difference between cold and ice damage :P The freeze thing has been reported, though. Have hit it twice, myself. The freezing-iceblock... maybe. Dunno, but I'll suggest it over on the forum, I think. The CPU lockup is definitely being caused by trying to get out of an iceblock, though.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: September 18, 2011, 11:40:55 pm »

Hmmm, the Mark of the Spellblaze is gone. This release seems rather buggy, all in all.
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Tnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: September 19, 2011, 10:34:33 am »

Chairman, are you talking about the latest release?  If so should I just wait for version 35?

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: September 19, 2011, 11:27:40 am »

It's less buggy than last version, but there are some outstanding (and a few new) bugs to be had. Always happens, heh.

Chair, could you try swapping to ASCII for a mo' and seeing the stairs show up? I'm in b34 and seeing the mark just fine, but am playing ASCII. I understand there's occasionally oddities in tile mode that isn't there in not-tile, heh.
Ask not!
Ask!

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: September 19, 2011, 11:50:46 am »

is there an ascii version? when i was told it was visually impressive i was expecting something along brogue lines, i was disapoint

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: September 19, 2011, 12:15:27 pm »

You can change graphics mode freely under, well, graphic mode. It's in the options.
Ask not!
Ask!

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: September 19, 2011, 12:50:17 pm »

hum... i was hoping there was a smaller download, i can't afford a 100 mb download

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: September 19, 2011, 01:45:08 pm »

Download the one without music. (TBH, it's not like the music's that good anyway)

Tnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: September 19, 2011, 02:29:15 pm »

Yeah I always thought the music for the merchant trapped quest was odd.  *Music Plays* "Hmm it seems like I am actually at an elven rock concert..."

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: September 19, 2011, 02:33:23 pm »

it's stil too big for me. i'll try to remember to download this by the end of the month if i still have some traffic left

Lmaoboat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: September 19, 2011, 03:07:41 pm »

Yeah I always thought the music for the merchant trapped quest was odd.  *Music Plays* "Hmm it seems like I am actually at an elven rock concert..."
I could have sworn that music was remix from a Nintendo game, but I can't remember which.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: September 19, 2011, 04:09:19 pm »

Having quite a bit of success with my paradox mage... now getting into tier two dungeons. Lets see how well it goes.

Btw, is parwdox clone any good? What happens if your past self dies?

Also: how good is paradox clone vs the timeline threading enemy clone ability?

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: September 19, 2011, 05:15:54 pm »

it's stil too big for me. i'll try to remember to download this by the end of the month if i still have some traffic left

Okay, got something for you to try, if you can spare the bandwidth. It's a very ghetto-style slimmed down version of T4 b34 (Just cut the music and most of the graphics out) that comes out to be about ten megs, roughly a forth of the normal T4 nomusic download. I have no idea if it will work, or work well, or anything along those lines, and completely disclaim myself of anything of that nature! But tentative test has it working, so it might function for you, too.

This is the link. It's to mediafire; tell me if that doesn't work or you have a preferred filehosting site, and I'll upload there, instead.
Ask not!
Ask!
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 163