Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 113 114 [115] 116 117 ... 163

Author Topic: Tome 4: Tales of Maj'Eyal  (Read 471330 times)

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
Re: Tome 4: Tales of Maj'Eyal
« Reply #1710 on: January 27, 2014, 10:14:31 pm »

N... no, golem. No. What are you doing, golem? It... don't. Why?

... it's times like this I really wish I was more artistically inclined, because the image of a hulking automaton deciding to shove over a dozen shiny rocks into its left eye socket is definitely something I'd love to see on paper.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

kcwong

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1711 on: January 28, 2014, 02:14:33 am »

N... no, golem. No. What are you doing, golem? It... don't. Why?

... it's times like this I really wish I was more artistically inclined, because the image of a hulking automaton deciding to shove over a dozen shiny rocks into its left eye socket is definitely something I'd love to see on paper.

It's one scary golem... 13 compound eyes.

Edit:
Very nice level of damage as your character is still pre-Master, you should have very few trouble with him this time.

Indeed... his summons were minced meat on the dungeon floor with just one bomb. :D  I gave up on Elven Ruins once I saw the level of the boss. Instead I cleared the Last Hope Graveyard and Mark of the Blaze. I was tempted by Corruptor unlock and spared the Grand Corruptor. With the Master dead I got Skeleton too. Woohoo!

Edit 2:
Whelp... I forgot about the next event... it's not time to celebrate just yet! :o

Edit 3:
I worry too much. My damage output is really good for this stage. Woohoo!
« Last Edit: January 28, 2014, 03:42:00 am by kcwong »

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chaos that Crawls up on you with a Smile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1712 on: January 28, 2014, 03:26:47 am »

That's gotta be one heck of an Eye Beam.  :P

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #1713 on: January 28, 2014, 05:32:02 am »

To avoid getting that golem bug (Would have been fun if each gems counted to deliver their bonus like 13x the ametrine bonus , but only 1 count)  , do not give him the gem as the bug will make him taking then the whole stack (extremely annoying) , press I for inventory, right click on a stack of gem and click on Drop and drop only 1

(don't press D to get the drop menu directly because it will not give you the choice of only dropping a specific number of gem, it would drop the whole stack)

Move away and take control of the golem, and take the gem, now you can assign this 1 gem to the golem slot instead of the game stupidly taking your whole stack.

kcwong

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1714 on: January 28, 2014, 05:33:38 am »

Made it to the East...
http://te4.org/characters/110744/tome/317d1102-a7a9-4066-a960-18037735c86c

With my previous horrible experience with orc patrols, I think I'm going to heed the advice and use an invisibility rune, replacing the wild infusion I think... but losing dual status cure worries me. I need the 5th inscription slot, fast.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #1715 on: January 28, 2014, 05:40:27 am »

Did you won the ambush with your strong bombs ?
If yes, i think your character should have few problems with the orc patrols .

I suggest you don't remove your Wild infusion, as without it you can easily lose control of your skills and even escape solutions to some enemies (leading to death) , and only a wild infusion would cure such effect
No stun resistance means that you really need to keep your wild infusion

Hey I installed TOME on windows 7 and I opted for no desktop shortcut. Now, I cant find it anywhere. It's not in program files and when I search for TOME i get some files in my USERS directory but nothing I can run.

I go to control panel to uninstall and there nothing there.

What gives? Anyone had this problem?

I don't use the installer, i just extract and run from its folder.
But the game executable is called
t-engine.exe

Maybe search for that on your computer ?
« Last Edit: January 28, 2014, 05:51:44 am by Robsoie »

kcwong

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1716 on: January 28, 2014, 05:58:04 am »

Did you won the ambush with your strong bombs ?
If yes, i think your character should have few problems with the orc patrols .

Yes, I won. All minions die in one bomb, and the boss only got half HP left. Non-crit damage is over 800 now. :D

I suggest you don't remove your Wild infusion, as without it you can easily lose control of your skills and even escape solutions to some enemies (leading to death) , and only a wild infusion would cure such effect
No stun resistance means that you really need to keep your wild infusion
You are probably right... I haven't replaced it yet, I'm digging around in my storage room looking for enough Dex to get Crafty Hands. Just 10 more points needed, I can probably get that with rings custom made.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #1717 on: January 28, 2014, 06:04:05 am »

I think if your bombs were powerfull enough to deal with the ambush, they will be powerful enough to melt any orc patrol you'll see, just activate your shield before doing the bombing run just in case. You should not need an invisibility rune.

Anyways, you'll get a new slot at level 36 and after killing the backup guardian from the Sandworm tunnel and eating his wyrm bile

kcwong

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1718 on: January 28, 2014, 08:03:45 am »

I think if your bombs were powerfull enough to deal with the ambush, they will be powerful enough to melt any orc patrol you'll see, just activate your shield before doing the bombing run just in case. You should not need an invisibility rune.

Anyways, you'll get a new slot at level 36 and after killing the backup guardian from the Sandworm tunnel and eating his wyrm bile

Your estimation is spot-on. I just destroyed two orc patrols. One involving an orc corruptor took me a few more gems, but not difficult at all.

Edit:
When you have this much burst damage, your worst enemy is yourself.  :-X  -1 life, but I did it by having all my talents off cool down on return.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2014, 08:30:31 am by kcwong »

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chaos that Crawls up on you with a Smile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1719 on: January 28, 2014, 08:31:37 am »

Reavers...
Reavers...

Whyyyyyyyy are they so hard to play??? I can't hit worth crap even with points in accuracy.

Maybe I should've waited after getting used to AM Cornac Cursed but still, even playing as a Yeek Cursed had an easier early game.

kcwong

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1720 on: January 28, 2014, 09:43:08 am »

The Far East is surprisingly... empty. Other than orc patrols, I didn't find many locations to explore. Already cleared underwater cave (or something), was told to fight Nagas but from my past encounter with them I'd rather not at this point.

The armory is way too tough; somewhere in level 2 I died instantly once there by getting pulled into lava and surrounded by a bazillion other enemies. Didn't even matter I got my shields up.

Another death at the hands of one orc pyro; I think I'm not too far off from defeating him though.

3 lives left; I went back and started grinding Far Portals.
http://te4.org/characters/110744/tome/317d1102-a7a9-4066-a960-18037735c86c
« Last Edit: January 28, 2014, 09:45:26 am by kcwong »

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #1721 on: January 28, 2014, 10:27:34 am »

Yes, East is rather empty out the Prides , the Vor Armory and the Briarg lair.

On the East optionals, you have :
- Flooded cave/Temple of creation that spawns while you walk along water and that you already cleared
- Shadow Crypt that spawns on a random location
- Eruan/Charred Scar that spawn in the south only after completing 1 Pride
- Valley of the Moon, that spawn in the south only after giving the book (assuming you found it in loots, as it's not guaranteed) to the jeweler guy in Gates of Morning

There used to be Breeding Pits that spawned on a random location too, but it's been removed from the game and will probably have a replacement in a version or two.

For the Vor Armory , don't enter and fight in the room with the lava, retreat into a previous room and use the door to limit the amount of orcs spellcasters and heavy hitters line of sight on you so you'll face less of them at once.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2014, 10:29:42 am by Robsoie »

kcwong

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1722 on: January 28, 2014, 11:00:35 am »

Is there a way to adjust the size of the "Tab" map? It is too tall for the screen (running 1920 fullscreen).

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #1723 on: January 28, 2014, 12:43:30 pm »

No idea sorry.

I've been giving a try at the insane difficulty with an oozemancer (looks like insane is starting to be balanced for such class, but it's still strong even at that level as out of a few rares so far no real problem ) , and it seems a bit harder for him than in nightmare (enemy with more health, hit very harder and they have a couple more levels), he cleared all tier1 and just cleared old forest.
He died 2 times in the bandit tunnel, stupidly both times.

The bosses seems harder as they got some skills they didn't have before, Wrathroot was phase dooring without cooldown (similar to that overcheating Linaniil) all over the screen at every turns (i would hate playing a melee class against that kind of annoyance). And even Eidolon had ... a golem

The leveling is faster than in normal but not sure if it's faster than in nightmare, but for the leveling i got i didn't found anything better than i would in normal difficulty (i think i found better stuff at that point in Nightmare), not sure if it was me being unlucky or if it's setup like that.

But it looks i'm reaching my treshold of "replaying the same thing again and again", as i'm not feeling playing more of it, some dungeons could sure lose some levels considering how repetitive some of them are.

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1724 on: January 28, 2014, 03:18:05 pm »

Yeah alt!Maze and dreadfell are endurance runs for me. The prides feel about right, though gorbat needs a little more distinction, in my opinion.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.
Pages: 1 ... 113 114 [115] 116 117 ... 163