Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 120 121 [122] 123 124 ... 163

Author Topic: Tome 4: Tales of Maj'Eyal  (Read 471313 times)

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
Re: Tome 4: Tales of Maj'Eyal
« Reply #1815 on: June 10, 2014, 05:29:36 pm »

Eh, part of the reason it's not as popular as it could be is, well... because it hasn't really received much attention. And it hasn't received much attention partially because it's not very popular, ha. Recursion~

Themed levels, dungeon gen alterations, mini-quests/event levels (every once in a while, you might get slammed with a TD or arena level, or something like that dwarf town assault... addon? Rare level? Whatever it is.) and whatnot... you could do a lot to spice the thing up, make it more interesting. It's just folks, well. Haven't. Much, anyway.

But yeah, hopefully within a version or two someone'll notice the vile life stuff not being in the ID and do something about it. They tend to, from what I recall.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Niveras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1816 on: June 10, 2014, 05:51:27 pm »

Anyway, I guess I will keep playing it anyway. I guess I will pick up Harmony after all, but need to make a decision regarding anti magic. I don't think I'll pick that up since I don't want to risk not being able to use a juicy piece of arcane gear, and while the shields are nice they're not as important given my current survival rates.

Also considering running Psiblades 5/5 and using 3 mindstars, although this makes the 5 points I spent in reshape almost completely useless.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2014, 05:58:49 pm by Niveras »

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #1817 on: June 10, 2014, 06:48:06 pm »

Yeah, if you've already sunk five into reshape, you might as well offhand a shield instead of going full tri-star. I'd probably say bugger mindstars and go sword/board with gem, but that's just 'cause the stat boost from psi-held gems are ridiculous right now.

E: Sweet monkey jesus weapon of wrath is knobmongering horseshit. Trying out a sunpa after one steamrolled my mindslayer like damn, and now I'm seeing why it steamrolled my mindslayer like damn. Someone turned these guys into monstrous wrecking balls. Seriously, who thought adding 300+ fire damage (before they even hit level 20, nevermind later) to a melee class's melee attack was a good idea? Sure, you've got to be missing HP first, but what's the class that oozes damage shields like nothing short of an archmage? Sun paladins! They don't give a damn if they're missing half their health, they've got a rolling damage shield wall for 3x that amount!

E2: At least it has the decency to only proc once per attack, rather than once per swing. An assault round dealing an extra 200-300 fire damage per swing would be completely ridiculous.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2014, 08:09:26 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
Ask!

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1818 on: June 10, 2014, 08:15:02 pm »

I've actually been enjoying the 2H sun pally setups, but I'm barely out of the first-tier dungeons, so...
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #1819 on: June 10, 2014, 08:22:15 pm »

This one's actually intending -- mostly is, so far -- to go 2H as well, just via staff. It's been enjoyable enough, but it's also completely and utterly wrecked everything it has encountered so far (all the first tier stuff, half the second, urkis, etc.) with nary a hiccup in sight. As hard to kill as a sunpa ever is, but now with one of the best movement talents in the game and oozing damage out of every orifice. I'm even playing ghoul! 20% global penalty and no infusions -- sunpa gives no damns. Everything gets straight buggered.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2014, 08:23:49 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
Ask!

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1820 on: June 11, 2014, 08:40:34 pm »

Eh, when did EVERYTHING get stuns? Playing a dwarf sun pally with physical save of 45+, spending half my time clearing off stuns. I have plenty tools to do so... but it's literally 2 out of 3 fights where I get stunned, usually more than once.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #1821 on: June 11, 2014, 11:38:54 pm »

I'd guess somewhere around the point someone decided it was a good idea to have egos that could proc random gloom effects. Just about anything can stun just by smacking you, these days. Especially considering that effect can show up on jewelry and whatnot :V
Ask not!
Ask!

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1822 on: June 12, 2014, 12:30:52 am »

I'd guess somewhere around the point someone decided it was a good idea to have egos that could proc random gloom effects. Just about anything can stun just by smacking you, these days. Especially considering that effect can show up on jewelry and whatnot :V

Ugh, so I'm not imagining it. Is this a fairly recent thing? That is, is there a chance of making it less ridiculously frustrating in a rebalance at some point? It's... really starting to piss me off now. I don't want to spend the entirety of the east stunned and poking at orcs for dozens of turns each waiting for ANYthing to come off cooldown.

Dr Feelgood

• Bay Watcher
  • The Dwarven Barricade
    • View Profile
« Reply #1823 on: June 12, 2014, 08:15:49 pm »

My necromancer is surprisingly still alive(ish) as a lich.

I had another crack at the latest version after seeing that apparently Nightmare and Insanity scaling had been made 'better', but the approach to balance seems as lackadaisical as ever, sadly. Oh well.

Insane feels like "old" Nightmare, but with a lot more rares/uniques/random bosses.

Edit: Removed hopeful nonsense. I'll probably die before reaching the east knowing my luck...

Edit #2: Failed at reading comprehension. Tome was never good at balance. It's a casual roguelike. I'm sometimes tempted to create a balance addon that makes tome's difficulty more consistent (and harder), but the majority of players consider balance to be the opposite of fun.  ::) I'm just glad the game is winnable on roguelike.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2014, 11:08:25 am by Dr Feelgood »

Satarus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1824 on: June 13, 2014, 11:34:28 am »

Anyone ever have a problem with the orb guardians not spawning in Ruined Dungeon?  I am missing one, but when I walk into his room I can hear a slime moving about.  I tore down all the walls to make sure it wasn't some banshee in teh walls.  I also used AEs to see if it was some sort of invisible that I just wasn't detecting.
You need to make said elf leather into the most amazing work of art.  Embed it with every kind of gem you have, stud it with metals, and sew images into it.  Erect a shrine outside your fort with that in the center.  Let the elves know that you view their very skin as naught more but a medium for your dwarves to work on.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #1825 on: June 13, 2014, 11:51:12 am »

Mm... fairly recently, I did run into a situation where there was an invisible jelly spitting at me in daikara. And by invisible, I mean non-existent -- blanketing the area in AoEs hit nothing, despite the jelly happily spitting at me the whole time. 'Tis bug, of some sort.
Ask not!
Ask!

Jack_Bread

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% FRESH ♥HIPPO♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #1826 on: June 13, 2014, 01:44:23 pm »

Mm... fairly recently, I did run into a situation where there was an invisible jelly spitting at me in daikara. And by invisible, I mean non-existent -- blanketing the area in AoEs hit nothing, despite the jelly happily spitting at me the whole time. 'Tis bug, of some sort.
I've had a similar thing happen where an apparently non-existent rare tempest mage in the Rhaloren camp pelted me with lightning in a small area of the map. I even layed down a blanket of sling bullets in the area and hit nothing.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #1827 on: June 13, 2014, 02:38:44 pm »

Maybe related to the bug with the "emperor liches" that was happening very often in Dreadfell (basically when you killed an emperor lich that spawn in one of the originally closed rooms , his storm effect will still attack you forever everytime you enter that room again)

Oh and just noticed, 1.2.2 available :
http://te4.org/blogs/darkgod/2014/06/news/tales-majeyal-122-aka-confidence-and-paranoia-released

changelog :
Code: [Select]
Release highlights:

Various bugfixes and small improvements
    Fix for the crash-after-save bug that affected some people

Expanded changelist:

Reduced Death Dance bleed damage
    Fixed the donator achievements when playing higher difficulty mode
    Reduced Displacement Shield mana cost
    Fixed a bug that made mouse hard to move when targetting under the game log in some circumstances
    Added an icon to webviews to copy the current URL to clipboard
    Mummy wrappings are considered light armour now
    Fixed Cuirass of the Dark Lord
    Fixed Rak'Shor Cultist, again
    Fixed Wintertide storm effect
    Moving an item out of the transmogrification chest correctly checks encumberance
    Click on your own character to pass a turn correctly reload ammo too
    Crystal walls in the crystaline old forest are diggable
    Fixed crystaline forest "eating" vault walls in the old forest
    Fixed Shattering Charge range limit
    Fixed Buckler Mastery
    Ring of the War Master now also improved 2h assault talents
    Fixed the bug that turned the level into half-ascii mode after coming out of the Eidolon/Fearscape/Dreamscape after a save&reload
    Fixed Alchemist Golem gaining too much talents in the Infinite Dungeon
    Renamed Lightbringer's Rod to Wand to keep naming consistent
    Improved reshaped weapons/armours display
    Rare items/randarts with negative life will not always spawn with the max value
    Nerfed Mucus damage a little
    Uncapped Recovery and altered scaling
    Fixed Infinite Dungeon having most creatures poison immune
    Fixed corrupting the heart of the sandworm queen on the altar on the same turn as being fearscaped
    Gaining a high difficulty achievement also grants lower achievements
    Fixed devour life damage type
    Fixed crash after saving that happened to some people
    Fix Bash and Smash
    Fixed Fearless Cleave

Un67

• Bay Watcher
  • Zombies good Artificial Intelligence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1828 on: June 13, 2014, 04:36:49 pm »

The game seems awfully generous with the high-tier items these days. I've already found two T3 artifacts (the Spider-Silk Robe and the Shard of Insanity) while only having done three T1 dungeons, and I've seen plenty of other random T3 and T4 items lying around. I don't think it's a bad thing at all, but it certainly makes the game a whole lot easier. Also, the reworked Sun Paladin is really fun, especially with that free movement ability, which is just amazing.

Zireael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1829 on: June 14, 2014, 01:36:33 am »

This is a bug, report it on te4.org forums.
Pages: 1 ... 120 121 [122] 123 124 ... 163