Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 253 254 [255] 256 257 ... 661

Author Topic: Roller's Block (RTD Brainstorming Thread) (HAPPY LATE BIRTHDAY) (Derm is 5k)  (Read 702186 times)

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roller's Block (RTD Brainstorming Thread)
« Reply #3810 on: March 23, 2012, 02:46:46 pm »

ROLL TO PICTIONARY MUST HAPPEN. That's all I'm gonna say.

Though I think it may be better if the GM writes words and the players draw pictures.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #3811 on: March 23, 2012, 02:48:37 pm »

It won't be that RP heavy. A 5-10 lines post per player will suffice. The Ship will be quite large , and I will keep a map. Can't draw though.

Edit: Modified the descriptions of the other 2.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2012, 04:04:18 pm by 10ebbor10 »

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3812 on: March 23, 2012, 05:14:28 pm »

This is probably a bad idea, but I'm thinking of trying to restart (and rework) my old RtD, my first one I believe, Star of Xaviros. At the moment I do not currently have time to run it, but I might get around to it when the holidays roll over. For anyone who remembers it, tell me what you think about me restarting it.

For anyone who doesn't, It was basically an RtD where the players were genetic experiments, freed from a Genetics Testing Lab by an attack. Genetic enhancements went from Super Strength, to Genetic Knowledge, to Telekinesis, and even the ability to utilise 'Magic', which, in the setting, was generated from a field of radiation/energy emitted from the Star of the system, where the name actually came from (Xaviros is the planet it was set on, thus, Star of Xaviros.) It was sci-fi/fantasy, with roughly near-future Earth tech, with some things being higher than ours are now, such as the genetic modification, and the fact this world has access to 'MagiTek', technology drawing on that energy field I mentioned just before.

All thoughts/comments/feedback welcome ^^ (On if I should restart, if the idea interests you (for people who don't remember/are new), if you would rejoin (For the people who were in it before), things to be reworked or changed... things like that are high on my 'Want feedback on' list, but other things are good too.)
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #3813 on: March 23, 2012, 06:14:14 pm »

Ah spring, the time when RTDs rise from the grave. Serious' RTASL, Tarran's Westlands, and now your Star of Xaviros.

I remember the game. Interesting to play as a mute kid who could manipulate all forms of energy. I'd play it if you started it back up again.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3814 on: March 23, 2012, 06:22:26 pm »

I'd give it a second try, sure. Not sure if I'd use Rebecca again or not, though.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3815 on: March 23, 2012, 07:17:34 pm »

This is probably a bad idea, but I'm thinking of trying to restart (and rework) my old RtD, my first one I believe, Star of Xaviros.
Oh really? Huh.

I don't remember anything that happened back in that RTD but save me a spot anyway please. :P

Tarran's Westlands
Don't get too excited yet. I still haven't decided if I want to redo it.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #3816 on: March 23, 2012, 07:56:49 pm »

I do like the History Monks.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3817 on: March 24, 2012, 02:26:15 am »

Hey. You remember that project that I lost interest/motivation/creativity for? I picked it up again, only now it's starting to blend with X-COM and Civilization.

What.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3818 on: March 24, 2012, 02:39:04 am »

Hey. You remember that project that I lost interest/motivation/creativity for? I picked it up again, only now it's starting to blend with X-COM and Civilization.

What.
DO NOT WANT. D:
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3819 on: March 24, 2012, 02:42:29 am »

DO NOT WANT. D:

+1. The last thing I need right now is the idea of Solid Snake in a frilly pink Japanese schoolgirl outfit. >.> There are some things Man Was Not Meant To Know, all right? :P (Also, I have no clue how to blend that with X-Com and Civ, but it sounds extremely complicated...)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3820 on: March 24, 2012, 03:08:08 am »

It wouldn't just be Solid Snake running around in a pink japanese schoolgirl outfit... it would be entire cities running around in pink outfits with an image of Solid Snake's face plastered on them shooting at aliens with the accuracy of an Xcom soldier.

THE HORROR.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3821 on: March 24, 2012, 03:21:26 am »

DO NOT WANT. D:

+1. The last thing I need right now is the idea of Solid Snake in a frilly pink Japanese schoolgirl outfit. >.> There are some things Man Was Not Meant To Know, all right? :P (Also, I have no clue how to blend that with X-Com and Civ, but it sounds extremely complicated...)
To be fair, my intended system was simply to require frilly dresses, and then allow the characters to be whatever age and gender and so on that they pleased. So, y'know, I wouldn't put money on it, but it'd be possible that nobody would play as anything that shouldn't be wearing a frilly pink dress.

Oh and I was going to enforce called-aloud frilly pink attack names also. Never quite figured out how to do that, though.

It wouldn't just be Solid Snake running around in a pink japanese schoolgirl outfit... it would be entire cities running around in pink outfits with an image of Solid Snake's face plastered on them shooting at aliens with the accuracy of an Xcom soldier.

THE HORROR.
Shit, now I want to do this also. My original plan had most certainly not called for X-COM levels of cockeyed autofire or being one-shot by hot plasma from out of nowhere, but now it's sounding vaguely interesting.

I wonder if doing an X-COM LP like I've been thinking of would remove the need for this. Might also make it worse, as I begin to crave the raw flexibility of a forum game...
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3822 on: March 24, 2012, 03:58:42 am »

I wonder if doing an X-COM LP like I've been thinking of would remove the need for this. Might also make it worse, as I begin to crave the raw flexibility of a forum game...

Well, you have one person's interest in that, at least. ^^^

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #3823 on: March 24, 2012, 09:44:08 am »

FreeFormSchooler kept giving me terrible ideas in chat, (the bastard) and I've finally managed to rationalize my way out of most of them, but there was one mechanic that I thought of that sounded interesting enough to share.

The game would have a captain and his crew on their spaceship, trying to get by in the face of adversity and evil mega-governments and all that good stuff. That's setting, and I managed to not think about anything related to that. The mechanic that I thought about was more general,

Question: How the hell do you stop the ship from being filled with eight random people who couldn't give a crap?
Answer: Let the captain pick his crew.

So to do this, you would open up the game to players, and after a set number of days (or after a set number of sheets) you pick a captain. (Whether you do it by RNG, favoritism, unbiased selection of personality, or Dip, Dip, My Little Ship, doesn't matter.) Then, when you have your captain, you tell him basically what this ship will need in terms of crew and give him/her a character limit.

After that the character choosing process is up to him/her.

And that was the only productive thing that came out of being sorely tempted.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3824 on: March 24, 2012, 11:07:41 am »

OhmigoshthatsoundslikethebestRtDeverohmigoshpleasedoitplease--

...If you ever do something like that, I am definitely making a sheet. :D
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.
Pages: 1 ... 253 254 [255] 256 257 ... 661