Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 260 261 [262] 263 264 ... 661

Author Topic: Roller's Block (RTD Brainstorming Thread) (HAPPY LATE BIRTHDAY) (Derm is 5k)  (Read 702384 times)

Gatleos

• Bay Watcher
  • Mournhold... City of Light... City of MAGIC!
    • View Profile
    • Someone Sig This
Re: Roller's Block (RTD Brainstorming Thread)
« Reply #3915 on: April 03, 2012, 06:42:06 am »

Having trouble coming up with a setting for your RtD? Agonize no more, because it's time for:

Roll to Creation Myth!

The players in this RtD are GODS, and get to choose one or several aspects that they strive to further. They can work together or fight amongst themselves, but the point is that they're creating a planet and imbuing it with life. It would have a set amount of turns, like say... 20, and the results of the players' actions slowly create a setting. Once the turns are over, you start the actual RtD in the setting that was created. So it's less of a full RtD, and more of a prologue that creates the setting that the real RtD takes place in.

You could even treat it as a competition, giving players points for furthering their aspect, and giving the top five Gods the player spots. Everyone else goes on the waitlist.
Think of it like Sim City, except with rival mayors that seek to destroy your citizens by arming legions of homeless people and sending them to attack you.
Quote from: Moonshadow101
it would be funny to see babies spontaneously combust
Gat HQ (Sigtext)
++U+U++ // ,.,.@UUUUUUUU

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #3916 on: April 03, 2012, 06:46:41 am »

Roll to Creation Myth!
Requesting Reserve already!

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3917 on: April 03, 2012, 08:08:34 am »

Ooh, that sounds wonderful. Worldbuilding, then an RTD in the created setting? Someone make this happen.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Nicholas1024

• Bay Watcher
  • Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3918 on: April 03, 2012, 12:30:09 pm »

That sounds great, I'd probably join that.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3919 on: April 03, 2012, 12:34:57 pm »

Oh ho ho~

I'd join it. Sounds like the TG Deity Quest.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3920 on: April 03, 2012, 12:36:03 pm »

I would like to try being a part of that.
Edit: It would probably be fun watching the "Gods" trying to favor an aspect having in mind their future character. Conflicts would probably arise due to the duality of many aspects.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2012, 12:39:40 pm by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Gatleos

• Bay Watcher
  • Mournhold... City of Light... City of MAGIC!
    • View Profile
    • Someone Sig This
« Reply #3921 on: April 03, 2012, 12:45:41 pm »

I'd be willing to run it since it would only last 20 turns, but I've got too much on my plate to be starting another full-length RtD. I could run it then pass the setting to someone else to run a game there, if anyone was willing. Otherwise I'm not sure it would be worth it. I guess it is for science...

Would anyone like to see some experimental RtD ‼SCIENCE‼, or do you think it would do better as part of a full RtD?
Think of it like Sim City, except with rival mayors that seek to destroy your citizens by arming legions of homeless people and sending them to attack you.
Quote from: Moonshadow101
it would be funny to see babies spontaneously combust
Gat HQ (Sigtext)
++U+U++ // ,.,.@UUUUUUUU

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3922 on: April 03, 2012, 12:58:45 pm »

You could throw it in someone's lap after you were done with the "prologue". Not my lap, because it is already full enough.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
  • A Jump On The Daily Comic Bandwagon.
    • View Profile
    • ExKirby's Generic Randomness

Hey guys

I updated the OP
Derm would be a Half-Minute Hero boss. YOU HAVE 30 SECONDS TO FUCK HIM UP OR HE DOES IT TO THE ENTIRE WORLD!

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile

Happy Birthday!
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile

Happy Birthday, thread I just started posting in early this morning!
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #3926 on: April 03, 2012, 09:48:04 pm »

Having trouble coming up with a setting for your RtD? Agonize no more, because it's time for:

Roll to Creation Myth!

The players in this RtD are GODS, and get to choose one or several aspects that they strive to further. They can work together or fight amongst themselves, but the point is that they're creating a planet and imbuing it with life. It would have a set amount of turns, like say... 20, and the results of the players' actions slowly create a setting. Once the turns are over, you start the actual RtD in the setting that was created. So it's less of a full RtD, and more of a prologue that creates the setting that the real RtD takes place in.

You could even treat it as a competition, giving players points for furthering their aspect, and giving the top five Gods the player spots. Everyone else goes on the waitlist.

I never realized how well suited Dawn of Worlds was to an RTD adaptation. The tl;dr for those who can't be arsed to read <10 pages of rules (mostly fluff) is that the players are gods, each turn they get power points, and power points can be spread to accomplish a broad set of god abilities. The game is divided into three ages, with different power costs depending on the age. It really isn't a game so much as it is a fantasy setting generator, but it's pretty cool all the same.

What I would really like to see, however, is a set of mechanics that actually record how well each deity is furthering their associated sphere(s). My attempts to do something using the Dawn of Worlds system have been unsatisfactory since they end up unnecessarily limiting the players (which goes against the "you can do anything because you're god" spirit of the game,) but since RTD mechanics allow for degree of success instead of just "I do this" there's potential there. Alternately, it could also be done as a cooperative thing, with the players controlling gods trying to accomplish their own goals and make a cool place, and the GM (or waitlisters) playing Satan trying to wreck it. If I wasn't swamped right now I'd at least by working out a set of rules for it.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #3927 on: April 03, 2012, 09:54:03 pm »

Roll to Creation Myth!
I'd be willing to run it since it would only last 20 turns, but I've got too much on my plate to be starting another full-length RtD. I could run it then pass the setting to someone else to run a game there, if anyone was willing. Otherwise I'm not sure it would be worth it. I guess it is for science...

Would anyone like to see some experimental RtD ‼SCIENCE‼, or do you think it would do better as part of a full RtD?
Hm, hows about letting this world be given a chance for future, multiple RTDs? For reasons such as: "Alternate Universes."

Edit: Might give it a try in running it, actually, seeing as Inspiration struck me. Would anyone mind a beginner RTD'er to make it?

Also, Happy Birthday!

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile

Go for it.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Reserve a spot for me and go for it.
>Yes?
Pages: 1 ... 260 261 [262] 263 264 ... 661