Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 387 388 [389] 390 391 ... 661

Author Topic: Roller's Block (RTD Brainstorming Thread) (HAPPY LATE BIRTHDAY) (Derm is 5k)  (Read 702496 times)

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile

Just gonna advertise here that there's one spot left in the Magicka RTD.
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile

Particularly directed at monk and freeform so as not to spam my own thread but it's also an idea so can go here - I was struck whilst "drawing" by the terrible awesomeness of the idea of a Telephone Comics style rtd, where one gm writes the results and "plot", the next draws it, and the last one dialogues it. Without, obviously, receiving any explanations. It would be silly. And hard work.

Anyway, I enjoyed that and wish I had a tablet.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile

So I was reading a book, and thought that something the lines of a "Street Gangs of Rome, 55 BC" would be cool. Basically in that time period there were two politicians who decided to organize street gangs to keep them in charge.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile

I have an idea for an RTD that combines Mafia and Roll To Dodge.

During the day it's classic RTD with villagers investigating the murders and getting rolls, but during the night the mafia takes their actions without rolls. I'm not entirely sure how that would work out, though. Any suggestions?

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile

During the day it's classic RTD with villagers investigating the murders and getting rolls, but during the night the mafia takes their actions without rolls. I'm not entirely sure how that would work out, though. Any suggestions?
MAybe have how successful the investigation/murder was or something?
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile

Or maybe just use the day turn to investigate instead of questioning one another, or in addition to that?
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile

Or you could split the things apart. A day, a traditionall RTD, where the group of people has to accomplish something (Make sure trust is important here). At night, the werewolves come out and devour someone.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I came up with an excellent way to provide hilarity when my RTD is boring.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile

Some of those should have their own rolls such as one and sixty, you get those and roll on another table.
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?

Mr.Zero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Or maybe just use the day turn to investigate instead of questioning one another, or in addition to that?

i remember that one game used that, or a version of that. It was made by meph i think? Tiruin proved to be a ghoul in the end, 3 teams (Werewolves, knights, witches), a skeleton you could vote for and some other wonky stuff. Good read though.
Durrr..

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile

I'm thinking there should be just two teams. Maybe a few special roles like cop and medic, but those would have impacts in both modes of gameplay as well. If the werewolves/mafia (I'm leaning werewolves) try to mount a day assault (For whatever reason), the cop could be the only person in the town with a gun, but he'd have his regular ability of investigation during the night.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile

I'm thinking there should be just two teams. Maybe a few special roles like cop and medic, but those would have impacts in both modes of gameplay as well. If the werewolves/mafia (I'm leaning werewolves) try to mount a day assault (For whatever reason), the cop could be the only person in the town with a gun, but he'd have his regular ability of investigation during the night.

Or, since this is an RTD, the other citizens could have guns (hunting rifles, shotguns, etc.), but the Policeman gets a +1/+2 to combat rolls during the day?
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile

slowclap.gif

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

slowclap.gif
Could you provide the whole list? I only managed to load until 25 and then the whole gif loaded...

I've never seen Darvi's Revenge before though. :3

* Tiruin loves this idea.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Could you provide the whole list? I only managed to load until 25 and then the whole gif loaded...

I've never seen Darvi's Revenge before though. :3

* Tiruin loves this idea.

It goes up to 100 now so I can roll a d%.
Pages: 1 ... 387 388 [389] 390 391 ... 661