Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 421 422 [423] 424 425 ... 661

Author Topic: Roller's Block (RTD Brainstorming Thread) (HAPPY LATE BIRTHDAY) (Derm is 5k)  (Read 699483 times)

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile

Okami sounds interesting, but I've never played it and thus have no idea what any of these brush powers are or what anyone would be doing with them.
I should probably elaborate on that, as it was a surprisingly under-rated game.

But I won't and I'll just give you the wiki.

BUT, I will tell you the brush gods, since that would be the most important part of the game.

Yomigami, the god of Rejuvination(Or the Fix-It god of the group), takes the form of a White Dragon.

Tachigami, the Brush god for Power Slash(The Slice and Dicer, buy now, get an extra free!), takes the form of a mouse with a gigantic sword.

Hanagami, the trio of gods harbouring Greensprout(A Trio of Grass-Type moves techniques.), take the form of three musical-instrument-playing monkeys.

Bakugami, the god in charge of Cherry Bomb(If the Demoman were a god.), takes the form of a boar that rolls around on top of a Bomb, with its piglets chasing it with a flame.

Yumigami, God of the Moon(And apparently the god of Mochi), takes to form of a Rabbit that carries around a large Mallet used for making Mochi.

Nuregami, The God of Waterspout(General control of water), takes the form of a water serpent inside a glass bulb filled with water.

Kazegami, The God of Wind, takes the form of a Horse with a flag on its back.

Moegami, the God of Fire, takes the form of a large Phoenix.

Kasugami, the god of Mist and Time, takes the form of a...Drunken Sheep.

Kabegami, the God of Wall-Climbing, takes the form of a cat. Yup, just a cat.

Gekigami, the god of Electricity, takes the form of a Tiger that carries a large Bow and a Quiver of Lightning Bolts.

Itegami, the god of Ice, takes the form of a large Ox with a weight around its neck.

And finally, Amaterasu, the godess of Sun and Light, takes the form of a white Wolf.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2013, 01:57:56 am by Greenstarfanatic »
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

As this point, it's all just concepts, with nothing actually planned out. Would anyone be interested in the Okami one, as it's the one that I think has the most potential?

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It should be mandatory that the players mouse-draw the appropriate Okami brush strokes and then fail horribly doing so.

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It should be mandatory that the players mouse-draw the appropriate Okami brush strokes and then fail horribly doing so.
Bloom would be the hardest fucking thing ever.

And since you're the resident ARTISTE, you'd be WELCOME in the game.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

Oh man, this has given me an idea for a game right on the spot.

You know how in Black & White (and a few other games, like Populous: The Beginning) you had to draw the symbol with the mouse to achieve an effect? Well, imagine a forum god game where the gods (or I guess shamans or whatever) have to use magic like that. You can't just cast Cooling Rains, you've got to draw the symbol for it as best you can manage.

Shenanigans then ensue from your crooked, wobbly approximation triggering torrential rains or something.

In a similar vein, I think you could get an amusing (but probably too labor-intensive for everyone involved) god game out of players having to draw what they're trying to create, and then the considerably-better artist GM drawing their lumpy creations in far too much detail.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile

You know how in Black & White (and a few other games, like Populous: The Beginning) you had to draw the symbol with the mouse to achieve an effect? Well, imagine a forum god game where the gods (or I guess shamans or whatever) have to use magic like that. You can't just cast Cooling Rains, you've got to draw the symbol for it as best you can manage.

Shenanigans then ensue from your crooked, wobbly approximation triggering torrential rains or something.

In a similar vein, I think you could get an amusing (but probably too labor-intensive for everyone involved) god game out of players having to draw what they're trying to create, and then the considerably-better artist GM drawing their lumpy creations in far too much detail.
Oh I would play this. I would play this so much.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile

I would play this, but I'm not sure if I would have enough time to draw stuff.
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile

I would play this, but I'm not sure if I would have enough time to draw stuff.

I would run this, but "considerably-better artist" has never been an appellation that applies to me. Definitely play it though.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ehh. I kinda like the Okami idea better. I've been thinking about it too.

Having one player be the "main character" of Okami who can learn all the brush strokes doesn't seem that fun. What if, in an alternate timeline, Amaterasu was defeated by Yami? In a last ditch effort to prevent the world from ruin, he split his most powerful Divine Instrument, Solar Flare, into several pieces, each containing a portion of his soul, and flung the portions across the Earth. For the next few decades, Yami's reign spread darkness over the world, but the pieces of Amaterasu's final Divine Instrument very slowly grew into the shape of young wolf pups (much like Okamiden). These adorable remnants of the Sun God, awakened by a tiny Waka, now are tasked with ending the thirty years of darkness brought unto the world.

This way, every plays Okami in an Okami RTD :D

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Having one player be the "main character" of Okami who can learn all the brush strokes doesn't seem that fun. What if, in an alternate timeline, Amaterasu was defeated by Yami? In a last ditch effort to prevent the world from ruin, he split his most powerful Divine Instrument, Solar Flare, into several pieces, each containing a portion of his soul, and flung the portions across the Earth. For the next few decades, Yami's reign spread darkness over the world, but the pieces of Amaterasu's final Divine Instrument very slowly grew into the shape of young wolf pups (much like Okamiden). These adorable remnants of the Sun God, awakened by a tiny Waka, now are tasked with ending the thirty years of darkness brought unto the world.

So it would be more like Okamiden, you're saying.

I might be able to start it up within a week or so. Unless you'd like to run it. Because I think you might be more suited for it.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

90% of games I start are guaranteed to fail within a few turns, especially if they are not my idea originally. So looking forward to it if you're game.

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile

I'd definitely try to play.
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile

Am I the only one who read this plot summary in the voice of Aku?

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Also, I think ExKirby needs to update the OP. Just a single extra character. The RTD IRC is ##Bay12rtd, not #Bay12rtd, so that's why anyone who walked in on #Bay12rtd in the last several months has found themselves face to face with a wall of nothing.

superBlast

• Bay Watcher
  • The guy that loves nukes too much
    • View Profile

Hm... Well my two RTDs I'm running are dead since I'm tired of having to PM the players every turn just to post (so I'm assuming they just lost interest in it) and my split personality one died because not enough people made an action (again I'm assuming people just lost interest in it) so I'm planning on starting up a new one... and I have two ideas running in my head right now and I wanna ask you all what sounds more interesting.

1) UPGRADE 2.0: It's like my old UPGRADE game me and Greenstar started up, but with alot of the base rules changed to actually have a goal other then make a powerful weapon. Mainly I still like the idea and people barely touched into the upgrades that I worked hard on thinking up, it'd be a waste to just scrap it all. Anyways, I thinking of making it more similar to TCM's Arena deus thing where there is points and a turn limit, with the goal being whoever has the most points at the end wins. The team thing is completely scrapped but a twist to replace that is the points. You get 1 point for killing the NPC viruses, 2 for killing a player, 5 for killing your target player (which is PM'd to the player), 5 for killing a boss virus (and 2 for assisting in killing it if it doesn't kill you), and points may be randomly given by chests. If you die, you come right back into the game minus all your items and upgrades and you lose half of your current points (rounded down for uneven numbers).

After the turn limit is up, the round will end and the person with the most points is the winner. If there is somehow a tie, they will face off one-on-one and the winner will win the round. Then I make a up a new map, anyone on the waitlist will enter the game, and all the old players except the winner will have to sign up again an put on the back of the waitlist.

There are a few more changes I have in mind, but pretty much everything else from the first UPGRADE is the same. (And Green, I'm changing the .EXE names so you can play too if you want without too much of an advantage ^^ )

2) My second idea is a big huge mash up arena RTD game of every movie, anime, tv show, book, video game, etc. where the players are whichever favorite character they want in a death match tournament. Whoever is left standing is the champion of the tournament that will be forever be remembered in the OP. When there is 8 champions, there will be a special tournament to decide who is the champion among champions. The winner of that will become a champion among champions. When 8 of those are decided, there will be a final tournament to decide who is the God of Champions. Then the whole cycle starts over again until the game dies out.

Now there can only be one of any character. Say like... there can't be two Marios from the Super Mario games. The player will decide on 2 or 4 abilities with half of them being pros and the other half being cons based on the character. And then allot 10 points total into 5 stats (STR, RFX, AIM, SPD, and END) based on their character as well. Though there is plently of games, movies, and stories that I know nothing about so I'm just gonna end up taking the player's word for the stats and abilities.

So, which one sounds more interesting to you guys? Which ever one you all pick is the one I'll decide on running since I don't have any confidence on running more then one game at a time.
"Come oooooon, a little insanity never hurt anyone.... Well except for that one guy, but never mind him." -superBlast

I gots a new livestream! Check it out here at http://www.twitch.tv/iamsuperblast
Pages: 1 ... 421 422 [423] 424 425 ... 661