Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 499 500 [501] 502 503 ... 661

Author Topic: Roller's Block (RTD Brainstorming Thread) (HAPPY LATE BIRTHDAY) (Derm is 5k)  (Read 699467 times)

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
Re: Roller's Block (RTD Brainstorming Thread) (HAPPY LATE BIRTHDAY) (Derm is 5k)
« Reply #7500 on: December 20, 2013, 06:49:36 pm »

OH GODS HAVE MERCY! IT IS THE BEAST THEY CALL RUFUS!
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
Re: Roller's Block (RTD Brainstorming Thread) (HAPPY LATE BIRTHDAY) (Derm is 5k)
« Reply #7501 on: December 21, 2013, 04:30:43 pm »

Idea: ROLL TO SHIV THE WALLS

shivs, shivs, everywhere.

Skills are split into the following:

Backstab:

Faceshiv:

Convincing people you won't shiv them:

Pretending you didn't just shiv them:

Not shivving them:

Other Stuff:

When you attack, you roll 2d6.

First d6 is for hit.

Second d6 is for damage.

If you get a 6 on rolls one or two, you roll again for Modifier. This means an additonal effect happens. High numbers mean the additonal effect happened to you, low numbers the other guy. 3 means you both get it because karma or something. a 1 on the modifier means something like "their head implodes", whilst a six means something like "You shiv them so hard that the knife becomes sentient and shivs you back".

It will be glorious.
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #7502 on: December 21, 2013, 04:41:33 pm »

I'm assuming this takes place in a prison or something? That gives me an idea for a crafting idea on that subject...

Basically, you find junk around the place. This junk is randomly generated to be useless. It can be fantastical like a broken cloning tube, or just plain down to earth like individual nails. When you want to craft, you say your "ideal". The ideal is what you want at the end: a gun, a lockpick, or suit of armor. Then, I roll a 3d(number of junk items) and then roll for the quality of the craft. The result is what it would be like if the three useless pieces of crap were combined to form a gun/lockpick/suit of armor.

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7503 on: December 21, 2013, 05:44:36 pm »

Perplexicon, in a setting where the magical tongue is dead and the written version is hard to come by.

So, of course, the few mages that know the language are pressed into service making artifacts.

Artifacts for THE GLADIATORS.

YOU ARE THE GLADIATORS. KILL THINGS.
---

So, every person is given randomized equipment based on the pack they chose, which could be anything from a ring of miasma lasers to a sword of ink blades. Your Pool and Potency stats now affect how many magical artifacts you can attempt to activate and how easy it is for you to do so correctly.

A pack contains a weapon, two accessories or other weapons, chest, arm, leg, and head armor. Each has a d12 rolled for them.
1: The item is absent.
2: Reroll the item as some other type of item.
3: The item is of a poor material for what it is and is unenchanted, also possibly broken or poorly made
4: The item is of a poor material for what it is and is unenchanted.
5: The item is of a poor material for what it is and has an enchantment.
6: The item is of a good material and is unenchanted.
7-8: The item is of a good material and is enchanted.
9: The item is of a good material and has a double enchantment.
10: The item is made of exceptional material but carries no enchantment.
11: The item is made of exceptional material and carries an enchantment.
12: The item is made of exceptional material and carries a double enchantment.

An item may be considered exceptional with normal materials if paired with a complex material, such as clockwork.

---

Rings are fairly common, and allow you to cast whatever spell is on them from your hand if they have a magic engraving.

---

So let's go ahead and gen a few packs.

Spoiler: Iron Soldier Pack (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Breeze Ranger (click to show/hide)

I'm a little murky on targeting, as I'm heavily basing this off of the current discussions and testings going on in the Perpublicon thread.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #7504 on: December 21, 2013, 05:49:59 pm »

It's very interesting, if a little unbalanced, but unbalanced is the name of the game after the first perplexicon had people firing eldritch death beams while others were busy summoning cylindrical cats and then petting said CYLINDRICAL CATS.
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7505 on: December 21, 2013, 05:52:29 pm »

I wanted that catstaff, but it was not meant to be.

As an idea, it needs more work, especially since ranged weapons aren't ready for the action-reaction system yet.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #7506 on: December 21, 2013, 05:54:42 pm »

Arcane flying explosive cats.

That's all I have to say.
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7507 on: December 21, 2013, 07:58:35 pm »

WHAT KEEPS PESTERING ME:
Racing RtD based on WipEout.
WHAT I'M MODERATELY OK AT:
MECHA FIGHTS.

RESULT:
The teams from WipEout are getting combat mechs. Working on it right now. Kinda. Working out what the primary mecha for each team looks like.

Qirex has heavily armored legs but a relatively light everything else, requiring the pilot to be fast on reactions to block attacks with the shoulders or other plates of armor.

Pirhana is fast. Really fast. They like to hit and run. Did I mention FAST.

that's... kinda it, but heads up this might work maybe not I dunno brain's tired

Joben

• Bay Watcher
  • Elder Thing
    • View Profile
    • Lazy Lizard Gear
« Reply #7508 on: December 25, 2013, 01:01:10 pm »

I can't math.

What is the median result of 1d10-1d10 if we ignore any results below 1?

Basically I want the average degree of success of a hit in a attackdice-defensedice combat system.

I think it's about 3 when using D10, but like I said, I can't math so I want someone to confirm.
Broken Arrow - A small stats tweak to fix unrealistically overpowered arrows and bolts.

My RTD games: Roll To Raptor (On hold), Dino Arena

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #7509 on: December 25, 2013, 01:25:08 pm »

Well, since we're ignoring values of 0 or less, I made a list of all possible combinations of 1 or higher.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I then put all the results into a weighted die on anydice.
By clicking Summary, I see the mean is 3.67 with a standard deviation of 2.21.
Edit: Here is the same concept, expanded wider.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2013, 01:36:45 pm by flabort »
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Joben

• Bay Watcher
  • Elder Thing
    • View Profile
    • Lazy Lizard Gear
« Reply #7510 on: December 25, 2013, 01:38:05 pm »

Thank you!

edit. omg fantastic.
Broken Arrow - A small stats tweak to fix unrealistically overpowered arrows and bolts.

My RTD games: Roll To Raptor (On hold), Dino Arena

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7511 on: December 25, 2013, 08:48:42 pm »

BATTLE BIKES. It's the legal version of taping guns to your motorcycle!

You're entering the amateur league of BATTLE BIKES, for whatever reason. first, you'll have to CHOOSE A TEAM and PURCHASE A BIKE.

Bikes come in three variants (four or five, but thee main ones): Dart, Stunt, and Power. Darts are generally fast at the cost of size and armor, Stunts are a good middle point with great control, and Power bikes are all about weight and firepower. You've also got Prototype and Fury, two variants unique among all teams.

There are six teams a player may choose to join.
shARD: Known perfectionists, shARD are known for pushing a bike's capabilities to its limit.
Volk: This company is known for their aggression on and off the track.
Eagle Eins: Originally contracted for military vehicle design, now builds bikes suitable for the dangers of BATTLE BIKES.
Davis Motors: Makes stylized bikes for a civilian market. Remarkably balanced.
Kunai: A Japanese company known for innovations in design.
Lucha Tigre: Inconsistent design dosen't always mean bad design, though the company isn't very uniform in what it wants to achieve.

---

Each bike has a Top Speed, Acceleration, Control, Agility, Armor, and Firepower stat. Top Speed is the maximum points you'll gain per section of track completed, Acceleration is how fast you gain speed, Control is how easy it is to navigate difficult track sections as well as the amount of speed you lose, Agility is how easy it is for you to access hard-to-reach track sections and shortcuts, Armor is how many hits you can take before exploding, and Firepower determines how big of a weapon you can pick up and use.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #7512 on: December 26, 2013, 01:00:14 am »

Thank you!

edit. omg fantastic.
Your welcome. Least I could do.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7513 on: December 26, 2013, 10:27:17 am »

So, anyone want to make that new RTD Testing Thread? Otherwise I'm just gonna dig up Draignean's one. What I want to test isn't necessarily that RTD-ish, but damnit, we have a glorious tradition of testing and I won't cross over to FG&RP unless in desperate need. I remember someone interested in starting it up again here, anyway?

This is the original thread, for those yet not enlightened.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #7514 on: December 26, 2013, 03:02:24 pm »

So, anyone want to make that new RTD Testing Thread? Otherwise I'm just gonna dig up Draignean's one. What I want to test isn't necessarily that RTD-ish, but damnit, we have a glorious tradition of testing and I won't cross over to FG&RP unless in desperate need. I remember someone interested in starting it up again here, anyway?

This is the original thread, for those yet not enlightened.

Rezzed.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."
Pages: 1 ... 499 500 [501] 502 503 ... 661