Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 603 604 [605] 606 607 ... 661

Author Topic: Roller's Block (RTD Brainstorming Thread) (HAPPY LATE BIRTHDAY) (Derm is 5k)  (Read 702222 times)

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile

hahaha. someone should do that.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Yourmaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Not the weirdest on Bay12!
    • View Profile

I'm making a game, and ill sneak in some of their actual language, but not aggressive clicking.
10/10.
Wants to rape and enslave my innocent night faeries ;-;

H4zardZ1

• Bay Watcher
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile

hahaha. someone should do that.
WHY SIR WHY
Quote from: Rock
Quote from: Comrade Qwasich
Stop bullying children
I can't
I have to bully children
Sigtext and other things

Megggas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm thinking about making a relatively short prison break themed RTD.  The game would revolve around a sudden power shutdown in a high-security prison that contains 1 extremely valuable prisoner.  Players could either choose to be a guard focused on keeping the prisoner contained, or a criminal infiltrator tasked with getting the prisoner out. The power shutdown would only last an hour of ingame time, after which all security settings are restored and the prison becomes inescapable.  There would only be 30 turns before the game ends, and each turn would be 2 minutes of ingame time.  I'd probably try to update once a day, so that the RTD ends after about a month.  Any player who doesn't post by the time I update with the next turn would probably just be auto'ed for that turn.

Anyone think this kind of RTD might work?  I'm considering having the guard-players post in the main thread, while the criminal-players would play via PM.  Then after the game ends, I'd edit every "turn" post to include the PMed actions and results.
Due to Real Life reasons, I have to disappear for awhile.  Take me out of all games that I'm participating in.  Sorry.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile

I'd play it.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Same, my interest is piqued.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Megggas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hmm, ok.  I'll start making plans and start it up in the next few days then.  It will be my first RTD, so I wanted to start with something fairly straightforward.
Due to Real Life reasons, I have to disappear for awhile.  Take me out of all games that I'm participating in.  Sorry.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile

Sounds cool, good luck. :)
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Interpretation is the most fun part of Fniff's generators. I intend to run a Random-Generated Scifi Rampage for Guns, Cash and Glory (RGSRGCG for short - it rolls of the tongue) RTD at some point, built around the lovely things. The players will be would-be heroes shanghaied by a morally-shady organization of SPACE JUSTICE and HEROISM into making a mess of hotspots around the galaxy and causing enough collateral damage during their exploits to bankrupt several small empires.

There will be randomized guns, drugs, vehicles, even enemies, and it will be glorious (main inspirations being various light-hearted adventure/space opera scifi and Ratchet & Clank for that 'get guns, explode everything' feel).

I've gone ahead and made this game, hurray! You can find it here.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So, idea:

There is a floating castle filled with monsters, and a guild of adventurers hell-bent on getting to the top. That is the extent of the story, from there it is just climbing to the top of the castle in a never-ending zerg rush of adventurers getting higher with each group. A d6 is used for most things with classes affecting bonuses and maluses. No HP, just a Chunky Salsa Rule. Somewhat inspired by Rogue: Legacy, in that you start with a single class available and get more and more as adventurers die and their money is used to update the base.

Thoughts?
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So, idea:

There is a floating castle filled with monsters, and a guild of adventurers hell-bent on getting to the top. That is the extent of the story, from there it is just climbing to the top of the castle in a never-ending zerg rush of adventurers getting higher with each group. A d6 is used for most things with classes affecting bonuses and maluses. No HP, just a Chunky Salsa Rule. Somewhat inspired by Rogue: Legacy, in that you start with a single class available and get more and more as adventurers die and their money is used to update the base.

Thoughts?
What if we had two teams, with one team playing as a strong (but limited) set of monsters and another team playing as the adventurers?
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

While that's a good idea for a game on it's own, it doesn't seem to quite work for the one I have in mind.

But seriously, that would be cool, someone should do it.
Sigtext!

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile

So, idea:

Thoughts?
Sounds good, as long as there's some sort of limit on how many players are in the dungeon at once.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm thinking starting with 4, with the ability to upgrade the base to allow more to be in at once, ala XCOM: Enemy Within.

Also, should a new group show up when all of the previous group is dead, whenever someone dies, or when a floor is completed?
Sigtext!

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Sigtext!
Pages: 1 ... 603 604 [605] 606 607 ... 661