Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 24

Author Topic: Paranormal Mafia 19 - Day 2 -Rebooting  (Read 70633 times)

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia 19 - Day 1 - Back to the snow
« Reply #135 on: June 10, 2011, 12:25:17 pm »

breadbocks, who is scum?
I'm honestly quite certain Dariush is, at this point.
Jumping to conclusions pretty fast, are we?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: June 10, 2011, 02:48:31 pm »

If he admits his mistake I will consider it more forgivable.  I will also state that claiming kook at the start of a game is acceptable and users who argue about the topic are just causing confusion.
Why would admitting it help? Looks more like trying to give him an out.
I'm sorry if you're taking it that way, however my way of looking at it right now is if he admits it then he would be being more cooperative which is pro-town.  Even if he's mafia we will be catching him faster when there is less chaos and more rational truth.  This will be his downfall if he's mafia.

Sorry for the delays, doing my midterm in packing and moving out right now.
Going to throw down some RVS junk and actually read tomorrow:
ToonyMan, what role would you least fear as a Doppelganger?
I don't like this post at all because scum Pandarsenic always does this.  I will be answering the question regardless however I will be expecting you to read and post something "tomorrow" as you say.  I will answer Kook.  I would say Kook because they would help me and my team.  This is just from recollection though without going over all the roles exactly or how they work.

breadbocks, who is scum?
Jumping to conclusions pretty fast, are we?
This is a passive-aggressive attack that I do not like.  You are still being very suspicious Dariush and I will keep my vote on you.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: June 10, 2011, 03:53:27 pm »

This is a passive-aggressive attack that I do not like.  You are still being very suspicious Dariush and I will keep my vote on you.

It's not really passive aggressive if it's directed at someone, and indeed, his attacker. I don't get what's wrong with it. I don't think there's anything wrong with it. I'm pretty sure there's nothing wrong with it. So what's wrong with it?

Janus, why don't you tell me your list of suspicions? I notice that you comment on a lot of the things that are said, but you haven't voted and don't seem to be pushing any attacks. Just coasting through without any content.
lordnincompoop, Dariush, Pandarsenic and ToonyMan. Pretty much in that order.

That one leading question by LNCP is enough to make you vote for him? What makes you so sure?

I'll also point out that this is in reaction to Jokerman-EXE noting you weren't voting anyone.

breadbocks, who is scum?

Cool.

Why?
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: June 10, 2011, 04:53:32 pm »

I felt like it was wrong.  I've already said what I felt was wrong so if you disagree with it I simply can't help you unless you have a solution of your own.

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: June 10, 2011, 04:54:15 pm »

I don't like the fact that BD has just two posts here - one post with two short questions and an RV, neither followed up on, and another with a question that looks like a chainsaw defense attempt - and rather conveniently disappeared when questioned. It's not really anything to go on right now, but it's something of note at least.

First off: Kook?
You really need to read some past Paranormal games. They're in almost all of them and play more of a central role in several then the average person would like.

I'll read a few, then.

breadbocks. Who will you nightkill?
Leading question? Check. Scummy.

How so?

Lordnin, what third party would you least like to be?

Survivor. I wouldn't know what to do.

I've either been busy or away for most of today so sorrehs for the inactivity. I'll get more done in the weekend, probably.

EvilTwin

• Bay Watcher
  • likes skeletons for their afros
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: June 10, 2011, 06:08:53 pm »

ET, have you ever played in a mafia game before?
Haven't, but I lurked a lot. Jumping in now to get my brain up to college standards.

EvilTwin, who would you investigate as an agent?

First off, Jim Groovester. He seems to be a very experienced player, thus he is hard to read. Would be nice to know on which side he is playing.
Next on the line would be you, you acted a bit too strong against the "will" vs. "would" thing.

Silly you, I don't get a night kill. I didn't get a NK role, nor a dopp role.

However, I'll read that as a hypothetical would.[...]
In what way did I not answer it? I stated quite clearly, "I don't get a night kill." I "will" not kill anybody, due to not being able.
[...]
I don't know why I would lie like that, considering I'm not lying, there ya go. I'm really not going to be able to kill anybody tonight.

On that note:
breadbocks, you reacted quite emothically to all that. We haven't heard a justification yet...?

lordnincompoop, regarding that leading question, what reaction did you intend with it? What would you answer?

Only one question now, I am too tired to reread the other branches right now, so that has to wait till tommorow.

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #141 on: June 10, 2011, 07:34:04 pm »

That one leading question by LNCP is enough to make you vote for him? What makes you so sure?
Not just the question. How he defended / reacted to the same.

I'll also point out that this is in reaction to Jokerman-EXE noting you weren't voting anyone.
At that point, the day was ending today, so I voted the top of my list. It really wasn't in reaction to Jokerman-EXE, although I guess it'd look as much.

breadbocks. Who will you nightkill?
Leading question? Check. Scummy.
How so?
How is it a leading question? You assumed that he had a nightkill and asked what he'd do with it. Either means your saying "hey Dopp" or "hey Vig".

How is it scummy? Because you're trying to get someone to admit being scum even if they aren't. You can say that you were asking in the hypothetical all you want, but leading questions are far more useful and likely to be used by scum trying to build a case against town than town trying to catch scum.

Only one question now, I am too tired to reread the other branches right now, so that has to wait till tommorow.
Please do so. Don't think we'll forget. :)

On that note, you seem rather focused on breadbocks. Why? And thoughts on any of the others?
You may think I'm crazy / And I think you may be right
But life is ever so much more fun / If you are the crazy one

My blog: Photography, Programming, Writing
Novels: A Sea of Stars, Confession

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: June 10, 2011, 08:15:11 pm »

Janus:  You missed this:

Janus:  That's a nice list.  Any particular reasons, especially behind that vote?

Yes, I want to hear about everyone on your list.

LNCP:  What's your read of Jim, Joker, and Pandar?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #143 on: June 10, 2011, 08:25:31 pm »

Janus:  You missed this:
I saw the email but missed it when I was grabbing things from the thread to respond to. Apologies.

lordnincompoop - leading the question (explained last post), continued to do so for more than one post, vote because he's the most suspicious and the day was ending
Dariush - overreacting and angry, seen him feel roughly the same as scum in too many games to ignore
Pandarsenic - midterms and trying to float through Day 1, more later tomorrow w/o extension on the day it was scheduled to end
ToonyMan - gut feeling, thus why the bottom of the list, I can't seem to find what put him on my radar in the first case which puzzles me
You may think I'm crazy / And I think you may be right
But life is ever so much more fun / If you are the crazy one

My blog: Photography, Programming, Writing
Novels: A Sea of Stars, Confession

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: June 10, 2011, 10:29:21 pm »

DJGLSKHGLSKDJGSDLGKJ DIDN'T REALIZE IT WAS ENDING TODAY

Exte-

Oh wait, it got force-extended. Whew.

I'm partly unpacked, settling in at the moment. Also planning stuff for my birthday. Actual content post... soon™.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

UltraValican

• Bay Watcher
  • The Man aiming to be a Man!
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: June 10, 2011, 10:42:30 pm »

I'm simply posting to watch all of this unfold if thats all right. This seems quite interesting :)
Would you rather be an Ant in Heaven or a Man in Hell?

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: June 10, 2011, 10:47:49 pm »

Toaster the reason for the strong reaction is that I don't really like direct accusations on the first day when theres little to no evidence besides what happens during RVS.

Pandarsenic Along with what the rest of everyone is saying, i'd have to say Dop Vigilante.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: June 10, 2011, 11:45:39 pm »

BD: So when are we supposed to start direct accusations?  What do we lynch off of on D1 without them?  Whoever gets the most random votes?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Jokerman-EXE

• Bay Watcher
  • JUSTICE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: June 11, 2011, 01:43:11 am »

Jokerman-EXE, what do you consider the minimum amount of activity necessary for a person to be useful? Do you intend to exceed it, meet it precisely, or do less than it?

I love that mine was by far the longest question. -_-

I think that if a person makes a statement or asks a question that encourages gameplay, it's useful. If I post once in the day and it prompts the conversation in a way that keeps the game going (and hopefully gets scum lynched) then that should be enough. I'm actually pretty opposed to the idea that someone needs to be required to post a set amount to avoid suspicion, but we all knew that anyway.

To answer your second question, I intend to exceed it.

Janus, I don't like that you simply threw out a vote and a list with no explanations until asked. You, of all people, should know that that won't satisfy us. You're not playing the way I've come to expect town Janus to play. You're not hunting much at all, considering your fully stated list of suspicions. Why aren't you grilling them?
Quote from: Solifuge
Jokerman + Solifuge 4 Ever. // <3 <3 <3
Quote from: Org
Derpa  herp // Derpy derp derp herp derp
Quote from: Toaster
BLARG IM DED

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: June 11, 2011, 02:06:05 am »

Janus, I don't like that you simply threw out a vote and a list with no explanations until asked. You, of all people, should know that that won't satisfy us. You're not playing the way I've come to expect town Janus to play. You're not hunting much at all, considering your fully stated list of suspicions. Why aren't you grilling them?

What, specifically, about JTF's game makes you think it's not his normal town game?

Because vague meta arguments are great to throw out when you've got nothing else to go off of.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 24