Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 183 184 [185] 186 187 ... 709

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 1296756 times)

Steelmagic

• Bay Watcher
  • Insanity makes everything fun!
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #2760 on: June 17, 2014, 10:24:13 pm »

[Journal of a rocket loader on board the Freedom Forces destroyer "Hibiki"]

We were sent to patrol for an enemy supership, The Lieutenant Commander was pretty confident after sinking the Wirbelwind. We found an enemy supership sub and, after forcing it to surface, got out of range of it's guns and began firing all of our rockets before finishing it with a single round from our machine guns. On the plus side we sunk it. On the downside my ears haven't stopped bleeding yet.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 17, 2014, 10:27:26 pm by Steelmagic »
When i say "I'm no expert but..." It means "I have no idea what the hell I'm talking about but I'm going to try to sound like i do."

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2761 on: June 19, 2014, 06:46:19 am »

With three points of brain damage reducing my hand size to near zero and just a handful amount of credits left, I made a last-ditch glory run on the Haas-Bioroid player's RnD in an attempt to score the last few points I needed to win the game, before he would score the agenda he had in his veritable fortress of a remote server (Four pieces of ICE!). The run ended with another point of brain damage and another tag to add to the one I already had, but in the end I made it to their RnD server. I look at the top card of RnD and reveal a piece of ICE. But, since I have an RnD Interface, I get to look at an extra card, and the Card Game Gods themselves must have smiled upon me, for that one card was an agenda worth the three points I needed to win the game. It wasn't an elegant finish by any means, having no cards remaining in hand, four points of brain damage, and absolutely no money, but it's a victory nonetheless.

I've had a similar experience recently, though with less brain damage. There's nothing more glorious than diving head-first through their ICE, daring them to try to stop you.

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2762 on: June 19, 2014, 10:18:34 am »

Following the recent Sticky Launcher nerfs and the introduction of the new Tide Turner shield, I've decided to give a Demoknight, consisting of Ali Baba's Wee Booties (mostly for health becase Tide Turner already covers the turning speed while charging), Tide Turner (full control while charging, charge resets if you get a kill while charging, plus some fire and explosion resistances) and Persian Persuader (ammo becomes health, 50% shorter charge cooldown, 6s instead of 12s) a go.

The results were rather amazing, and I ended up going 41/2 on a *sigh* 2fort Valve server, though I was getting decent results at Process and Gravelpit as well (in fact I managed to turn an otherwise stalemate game on Process because of that giant Engi nest at the last point...Curse the SL nerfs!).

The Tide Turner has changed the way of Demoman from "M1 M1 M2 " to "M2 M1 M2". Shit is a little bit insane, but fun as all heck.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2763 on: June 19, 2014, 03:39:38 pm »

Having disputes with the Russians over their borders reaching over my city limits and rendering my farms unusable.
Apparently they got fed up with this, and declared war on me.
Since I don't have any military structures up yet, I contacted every other nation, and offer deals to have everyone declare war on the Russians.
Every single nation agrees without even asking for the slightest bit of tribute.

Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2764 on: June 19, 2014, 09:29:08 pm »

Following the recent Sticky Launcher nerfs and the introduction of the new Tide Turner shield, I've decided to give a Demoknight, consisting of Ali Baba's Wee Booties (mostly for health becase Tide Turner already covers the turning speed while charging), Tide Turner (full control while charging, charge resets if you get a kill while charging, plus some fire and explosion resistances) and Persian Persuader (ammo becomes health, 50% shorter charge cooldown, 6s instead of 12s) a go.

The results were rather amazing, and I ended up going 41/2 on a *sigh* 2fort Valve server, though I was getting decent results at Process and Gravelpit as well (in fact I managed to turn an otherwise stalemate game on Process because of that giant Engi nest at the last point...Curse the SL nerfs!).

The Tide Turner has changed the way of Demoman from "M1 M1 M2 " to "M2 M1 M2". Shit is a little bit insane, but fun as all heck.

With the release of the Base Jumper, the Soldier sees a hilariously overpowered combination with the Air Strike (increased attack speed while rocket jumping, +1 clip size on kill to a max of 8 rockets loaded starting with 3 loaded, -25% dam, -25% blast radius), the B.A.S.E Jumper "holds" onto the rocket jumping state, as it doesn't cancel until you touch down on the ground, and the Market Gardener (no random crits, critical hit if you melee while rocket jumping).

You're incredibly vulnerable to snipers, Reserve Shooter Pyros and Soldiers, but the sheer delight of raining eight rockets down and having someone blown up before they realise they're under attack is great fun.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2765 on: June 20, 2014, 10:55:36 am »

A terror mission somewhere in the Middle East(because that's really world-wide news... ::)). Right by the dropship there's an alien in a high tower sniping civilians halfway across the map with a plasma blaster. Seeing as he has good line of fire to my troops, and was well protected against return fire. I send two of my guys into the tower, but they run into another alien on the way, so I split the pair up, one with the EM Rifle into the tower, the one with a plasma rifle to deal with the new guy. Both fail to kill their targets, expending all their TUs, including those for reaction fire. Both are shot up, but survive, and finish off their targets next turn.

Another alien pops up behind the second one, and after taking a beating, two soldiers who had a >80% to-hit chance fail to kill it, but it dies next turn. During this, most of the rest of the team starts sweeping the town, while one soldier with a flamethrower tries to assault the alien ship alone.

Long story short, everyone is hurt, low on ammo, and the only alien left is in the ship. Luckily the flamethrower gets unloaded into its face. Mission complete, and only a couple of civilians died, nobody on my team.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2766 on: June 21, 2014, 07:09:40 am »

Managed to harass Snipers so effectively that they gave up sitting on the battlements. Black Box + Gunboats + jumping up to sniper battlements = lol.

Seriously, there were few capable of getting a shot off when they saw me pop up - only a coupla pubstars stomping me if they were fast. It was hilarious - while my KD ratio as Soldier was only something like 1.3:1, nonetheless it was fantastic fun. Eventually, they gave up and started sniping on the ground, which didn't really work for them either as the four Demomen on our team lined them with bombs and moida'd them.

So good!

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #2767 on: June 22, 2014, 05:45:18 am »

This may be blatant cheating, but having a mage with 201 dexterity, 400 willpower, 500 magic stat, 300 cunning, and 400 constitution is immensely funny to play as. I killed the first ogre you encounter in about 3 spells, and am currently steamrolling through the game My character's personality is becoming steadily more arrogant.

Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2768 on: June 22, 2014, 10:17:52 am »

This may be blatant cheating, but having a mage with 201 dexterity, 400 willpower, 500 magic stat, 300 cunning, and 400 constitution is immensely funny to play as. I killed the first ogre you encounter in about 3 spells, and am currently steamrolling through the game My character's personality is becoming steadily more arrogant.

I remember you mentioned this before, but sadly the exploit was patched out of the Steam version.

Luckily console commands (with a certain mod) can achieve the exact same thing ^-^
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #2769 on: June 22, 2014, 11:56:32 am »

I bought an attack chopper from the black market, and used it to tug the smaller chopper high into the air. I dropped the smaller chopper, and promptly exited the attack chopper. I fell towards the smaller chopper, grappled onto it, and got in. The result was a true midair takeoff. Challenge completed. Fuck yeah.

In the same game, I noticed that my stunt driver poins were extremely low. My brother teased me for this. To recrify this issue, I managed to tether a sports car to a 747 that was taking off. My car hung off of it as it flew through the air. Because of the high speed my car was traveling at, as well as the fact that I was in the air for such a long time, I was being awarded stunt driver points rapidly. I waited until they were higher than my brother's, and then parachuted from the car.

Anyone have any ideas for dangerous stunts?

Just Cause 2.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2770 on: June 23, 2014, 10:55:25 am »

Finally took down Marluxia. At the point he spams OmniLaser, I apparently had a high-valued enough sleight going on that he couldn't do it. I saw him try twice, but it didn't work, and by the time whatever I was doing finished, it had hurt him enough to change his attack pattern. At this point, I just started hammering through whatever card combos I could before he could use something worse. The last three cards I had before a very long reload time were three Kingdom Keys, which taken together used Strike Raid, where Sora throws the Keyblade like a boomerang. The first hit didn't kill Marluxia, but coming back got him.

To recrify this issue, I managed to tether a sports car to a 747 that was taking off. My car hung off of it as it flew through the air. Because of the high speed my car was traveling at, as well as the fact that I was in the air for such a long time, I was being awarded stunt driver points rapidly.
"On any other day, that might seem strange."

I've never played Just Cause 2. Maybe try landing a plane on top of another plane?
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2771 on: June 23, 2014, 11:56:13 am »

I remember you mentioned this before, but sadly the exploit was patched out of the Steam version.

Luckily console commands (with a certain mod) can achieve the exact same thing ^-^
Which mod was this? I'm likely going to sell my disc version of it soon and buy the Steam version for the sake of getting DLC.
Sig! Onol

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2772 on: June 23, 2014, 12:00:07 pm »

Which mod was this? I'm likely going to sell my disc version of it soon and buy the Steam version for the sake of getting DLC.
This one. Standard console commands can't add attribute points, so this mod adds scripts which allow that functionality and more. I can confirm it works.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2773 on: June 23, 2014, 02:12:11 pm »

This one. Standard console commands can't add attribute points, so this mod adds scripts which allow that functionality and more. I can confirm it works.
Talent points too? :D
Every spell get
Sig! Onol

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2774 on: June 23, 2014, 08:51:01 pm »

Playing as the burger king Charlemange. Montezuma declares war on me out of nowhere, and I blatantly ignore him since this is an Earth map and he is in Mexico without an single vessel that can cross the atlantic. He sues for peace immediately on the next turn, a(and pays a small amount of gold for it no less). I use the gold to get two of his neighbors to delcare war on him.

I've done this many times. I've called up a major nation, extorted hundreds of gold from them at threat of force, then used it to get multiple smaller nations to declare war on them.

FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0
Pages: 1 ... 183 184 [185] 186 187 ... 709