Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 96 97 [98] 99 100 ... 709

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 1292840 times)

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #1455 on: June 01, 2013, 09:08:11 pm »

I'm currently launching fighter attacks from four different carriers, on the other side of the continent I share with Russia and Persia, the most technologically advanced civs, excluding me.  The year?  1700's.  Targets?  Enemy Longswordsman. 

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1456 on: June 01, 2013, 09:11:02 pm »

One one side: 20 Zuul destroyers armed with mass drivers. On the other side:My full Tarkas cruiser squadron consisting of 3 Cobras(War-sectioned cruisers armed with war quoits, chakkars, and fusion-warhead missiles), 2 Diamondback PD boats, and my Boa CNC ship(all of them having a similar weapon's mix, barring mostly PD lasers on the Diamondbacks).

Well, as you can imagine, it was no contest >:D. I annihilated the entire task force without taking hardly a scrath(my repair boats didn't need to really do anything!)
Game?

I assume Sots

....could have sworn I mentioned Sword of the Stars in my post, but yes
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #1457 on: June 03, 2013, 04:50:56 pm »

Just teleported into the Orokin Tower with my (single use, insanely rare) Void Key. I know very well I am not up to the challenge, but backup is on the way.
Or is it?
My companions failed to teleport on my position (internet connection being a bitch), so I had to fulfill the objective myself.
Kill all the ennemies. All 176 of them. All twice my level. All taking between one and three clips to the face to die. All very able to tear my in half.
I died 4 times, using all of my daily revives. I emptied all the ammo I had, and all the ammo I found. Despite the drops, I managed to find myself with precisely 0 bullets whatsoever midway through the mission. Finished it with my (underleveled) sword.
I survived the laser traps of doom, the shielded minigunners of hell (killed with half a dozen clips of pistol to the head), the mass-healing infested of doom (weak point? THE TOES.), the trolling flying robots providing impassable shields to their allies (those guys repeatedly flew around me, dodging my shots, dancing even!), and the unnumerable level 35 goons (max level of the game is 30, I'm 24, with level 19 weapons...).
The game threw at me unholy combination of all of these ennemies, and I withstood it. (Even if it's pretty tough to crack the shielded minigunner+mass zone healer+dual shield bots+five goons with laser guns... all of that with deadly lasers sweeping the room...)
Took me two hours and a half (and 5 lifes), but I KILLED THEM ALL AND I CLAIMED MY RIGHTFUL REWARD.

EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig

revo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1458 on: June 03, 2013, 06:09:42 pm »

snip

Not gonna lie, I don't know this game, but this entire post makes you sound bad ass!

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1459 on: June 03, 2013, 06:58:39 pm »

I'm currently launching fighter attacks from four different carriers, on the other side of the continent I share with Russia and Persia, the most technologically advanced civs, excluding me.  The year?  1700's.  Targets?  Enemy Longswordsman. 

I've had similar, although it was 1600s, Infantry vs. Longbowman.

Longbowmen fortified in a city that's on hills with Garrison I and II are surprisingly hard to beat. IIRC, Longbowmen have 7 strength vs. Infantry's 20, but Infantry don't gain any bonuses on attack if unleveled.

Longbowmen get 7 + 50% from fortification + 50% from hills + 50% from Garrison I and II, so they can often go toe to toe with infantry if they're on the defensive.

That being said, as soon as my cannons and ironclads were in position, bombarding the hell out of their cities worked.

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1460 on: June 03, 2013, 07:29:24 pm »

My latest accomplishment is truly a work of genuis.
The Greeks and Russians are to the north, and the last bastion of the French is at the end of a long peninsula, the begining of which is controlled by the French.  I would of played nice, but all three of them were forcing my hand.  War was inevatable.  The Greeks would have to go first.  They are the second biggest civ on this continent, and are the only ones that could truly threaten me, even with the tecnological gap.  Plus, unless I want to launch an amphibous assualt, I have to secure a land route to the Russians and French.  The problem?  There is a reason for the location of my border with the Greeks.  To the west is a large mountain chain that splits the continent in half, with only two narrow passes, and surrounded by rough terrain.  To the east is a 7 tile wide route riddled with lakes and rough terrain, with the ocean on one side and mountains of the other.  Even with mechanized infantry and armor, the Greeks large army, combined of riflemen, cannons, and AT guns (No idea how they have those) could easily bog me down there, turning into a costly war.  This has to be quick, swift, and leave me with enough momentum to take on the Russians and French without pause.  I form a plan. 
First, I take out the Greeks support.  I take out three city-states, each in a key location to take key supply lines between me and the Greeks.  Then, once thats done, I deploy my forces.  To the west I assemble my paratroopers and jet fighters.  To the east I assemble my mechanized infantry and modern armor.   The east have three rocket artillery units but the west only has one.  I only have one battleship and one aircraft carrier, due to only having one coastal city with any degree of production.  The aircraft carrier will be useless, so I put it in it's own little harbor as far away from teh action as possible.  The battleship is put into place north of the Greeks, where it will be able to spot targets and rain down fire on the reinforcements.  Then I launch my attack.  First a lance of armor is sent from the east  through a narrow strip of open terrain, heading towards the west.  Then I move in my battleship.  I deploy two of my paratroopers, and put them in position.  From here I can easily see most of the Greek terratory.  I then order my intial strike.  Four flights of bombers take off, each with a deadly payload.  The first hits Sparta, which forms the border on the east.  Sparta is wiped off the map in a brilliant flash.  The second hits Athens and the army built up there.  My battleship and jet fighters kill the survivors.  Then the third strike hits, this time on a city near the west, damaging that city and the army nearby.  The last one hits a concentration of their troops.  With the way cleared, the rest of my armor strikes.  To the west, my other four paratrooper units take off and land at key locations, while my rocket artillery takes up position.  Three of my paratroopers are tasked with taking a city, while the others are to hold up the army.  To the east, my mechanized forces strike.  Within the first turn my rocket artillery levels a city's defenses, and a modern armor unit takes in with minimal damage.  The other units fan out, surrounding another city, taking out a group of units, and getting ready to hit another city.  By this point I wiped out what I estimate to be a third of Greece's forces.  Their turn comes.  The bulk of their military is to the north west, and they have to get through my paratroopers.  They absorb the blow, with one unit being destroyed and another having only one hp remaining.  But I fully  expected that.  Next turn I retaliate, using my last bomb to punch a hole in those units, with my paratroopers and rocket artillery killing the remainder.   My forces to the east soon capture their other targets, and two of my armored units hit Athens, capturing it with the help of my battleship.  This action divides up the Greek army, as I have split their empire down the middle. During the second turn.  After this, it is just mopping up what remains and taking out the Russians and the French, who didn't even put up a fight.  One of the best parts?  The year was 1939.  Blitzkreig understates what I did.  I even left entire cities behind my lines to prevent my advance from slowing down.  I only lost two units, the paratrooper, and the aircraft carrier, as four frigats were somehow in the area and ambushed it. 
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1461 on: June 08, 2013, 10:16:28 pm »

This kind of win isnt actually anything new to players of very hard, but I was beseiged by a full stack of Macedonian units.  Mostly elites in their best purples, though some skirmishers and fodder.  I had about half a stack of Pontus' archers and phalanx.

We sally forth my first turn under seige.  I still dont like fighting phalanx, so I tend to keep either Sinope nobles or hire mercs for a mixed line.  I prefer roman or thracian style fighting.

Anywho Macedon is a pretty hard phalanx user.  Their phalanx tend to be superior to mine in a fair contest.  So as they brought only a few slingers we kill them and take about 45%of them to my 30% lost.  With general horses and pontic nobles we held the Macedons while the army retreated back inside.  Over 90% of those Nobles died.  I had 17 horsemen and 6 Sinope Nobles left.

With about 1000 men left to my 450 (this is on huge unit size, too) they seige us.  We blow up the tower and the battling ram (cuz thats what Arabs call it in this game 8) Probably my favorite line in the game:  'the battling rams have reached the gate!') with fire arrows and defend the walls at a greater loss to us.  Their units are superior 1v1, but the walls really helped to even us out.

When I checked my stats screen I looked at the Sinope Nobles.  The six of them killed 61.  They gained 3 cheverons that day.

Edit: 
« Last Edit: June 08, 2013, 10:25:16 pm by pisskop »
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #1462 on: June 08, 2013, 10:23:57 pm »

Rome Total War?
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

PanH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1463 on: June 11, 2013, 08:52:02 pm »

I just defeated the "petty king" which owned the mainland of denmark (me being the petty king of Copenhagen and other stuff) with a nice army of two thousand men against a few hundred. But at the moment of surrender, one of his vassal refuse to surrender, and declare war to me. He just owned a county, but more importantly, he called another King "the Boneless" to his help (from Scotland, though I think he doesn't own all of Scotland, it's still undecided). Nonetheless, it's a powerful king.
His troops begin to unload, an army of 800 men, then an army of 1600 (the same as my troops), another army of 1600 ! I feel like I'm screwed, but their armies are still divided. I begin to pick on the weakest one (800 men), which is cornered, and obliterate them with only a hundread (on my side). Fortunately, the King was leading those troops, and I imprison him ! As I see the 2 other armies merging in a 3000 men blob, I behead "the Boneless" ! His heir inherit, and fortunately, the alliance was personal, so nobody else went to the help of the unruly vassal. He didn't even had any army, so I just sieged his county.
I felt like I dodged the axe by a few milimeters, by putting another head in front of it.

MadMalkavian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1464 on: June 17, 2013, 12:26:46 am »

My Malkavian manages to consistently not die in combat situations by sneaking around the enemy then proceeding to snap necks and snipe with a .38 revolver then pound things into the ground with her fists that deal more damage than a fire axe when they get close - all when she's still a fledgling childe. She hasn't suffered a final death yet, which is a good sign.

Warning: Subject may be antisocial and may not synchronize well with humans. Approach cordially and with caution or not at all.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1465 on: June 18, 2013, 06:34:15 pm »

What a hellish campaign. The first building we enter, I open a door halfway through, and then there's a Tank in my face. I happened to be carrying a gas can, so I drop it and shoot it lighting it on fire. I end up doing the most damage(over 3000), despite only getting a couple magnum pistol shots on it(I had a grenade launcher), especially after getting incapped, due to that fire.

Moving on. I get knocked off a high ledge by a Charger, and dropped to very low incapped health before my teammates arrive, setting us back a good deal. We still go through.

Next level. Nothing noteworthy, but by the end of it, most of us are really hurting.

Final level. Running around grabbing gas cans, I clear a few streets with a very special assault rifle. First Tank shows up at 3 or 4 cans collected(of 10). It knocks us around, but we kill it. At around 6 cans, two Tanks show up, but those ended up being easier than the first one. I'm really hurting, but some friends in a high place drop us some health packs.

We get the gas into the generator. We make an epic stand against a group of zombies charging the bridge, just completely destroying them. I even held up a bit to heal one of the team who was limping. As we drove off, we ran down a Charger, killing him.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

MadMalkavian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1466 on: June 20, 2013, 01:53:44 am »

My Malkavian visited a night club, made two gangbangers have heart attacks, snapped the necks of five more, proceeded to shoot another five with an automatic shotgun at point-blank range, drank their boss dry and then proceeded to dance in the club as if nothing had happened. Got herself an uzi and a katana somehow too.

Warning: Subject may be antisocial and may not synchronize well with humans. Approach cordially and with caution or not at all.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1467 on: June 20, 2013, 04:19:20 am »

My Malkavian visited a night club, made two gangbangers have heart attacks, snapped the necks of five more, proceeded to shoot another five with an automatic shotgun at point-blank range, drank their boss dry and then proceeded to dance in the club as if nothing had happened. Got herself an uzi and a katana somehow too.

How the dickens did you get VTMB running? What OS are you using?

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1468 on: June 20, 2013, 09:09:30 pm »

Our formation took off from Deenethorpe, destination: the city of Brest. As soon as we got over the Channel, the enemy fighters were on our tail. Of course, the tail carries the biggest guns. Four of them shot down without so much as a scratch on our guys. I personally made one explode, and the tailgunner I was controlling was awarded the Bronze Star for it.

The rest of the flight was easy, quiet(and time-skipped). Flak was unusually quiet going in. We approach the target: the harbor and nearby U-boat pen at Brest. As we approach, the flak starts coming up. No hits so far. I begin trying to figure out the bombsight, aiming for maximum damage. I haven't quite figured out how to drift properly into a proper aiming line. This causes me to miss my intended target site, but we still manage to blow up half the harbor, including one of the large piers and its equipment, reported as a "near miss" in the debrief, although all bombs were in the general target area.

Coming out was easy. Still some flak, but no casualties. My own bomber, the "Maximum Effort" didn't take a single hit. None of the other bombers in the formation seemed to be worse for the weather, either.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1469 on: June 20, 2013, 10:01:49 pm »

Started a new character in Skyrim. He doesn't always fight, but when he does, he uses a bow.

Now, here's the fun part: he really doesn't always fight. He usually lets the enemies do it to themselves. Fury one guy so he starts attacking his friends, wait for him to get swarmed, and then a giant Frenzy cloud so that all of the enemies are attacking all of the other enemies for the next minute or so. Wait until there is exactly one guy left, sneak up on him and shoot him in the back. With paralyzing arrows, if he's one of those guys with ridiculous hp and an everlasting supply of healing spells.

Dragons are the fun part. After you kill dragons, their flesh burns away, leaving only their bones. Dragons are flying critters, meaning their bones are absurdly light (and probably hollow). So, you stand underneath of this inexplicably dragon-shaped set of bones, equip two charges of Firebolt, look up, and let them both off in quick succession. If you hit it again when it's in the air, you can easily send those bones flying so far away that the game will stop bothering to track their position and velocity and they disappear off the screen; if you then chase after them, the bones will spontaneously reappear in midair ahead of you and then continue flying away. I call it Dragonbone Baseball. Because fuck you and your strafing, dumb dragons.
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!
Pages: 1 ... 96 97 [98] 99 100 ... 709