Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 109 110 [111] 112 113 ... 709

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 1292693 times)

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #1650 on: August 08, 2013, 10:20:10 pm »

playing MVM as an engi on a community server with one of my friends and a matchmaking group.

Final wave comes and i've already worked on speccing out my sentry, and set up at the entrance. Then, the ticker at the top gives frightful news.

4 TANKS

OH SHIT

wave starts and all our heavies plus my sentry start focusing down the right tank. After we blow up the right, the left goes down in a pinch. Suddenly, I am violently reminded of the other enemies via a backstab/sentrysap by an enemy spy.

So we start moving back trying to work down all these demomen and spies, when the next two tanks come. I set my sentry up on a ledge and me and the spy start dealing out straight redonkulous dps on the rest of the demomen. Once we finish them, I start hearing cries that the tanks are moving in closer. I slap my sentry down wherever the tank moves, trying to focus it down to keep it from bombing our hatch. My sentry starts soloing another demoman wave, so I hide and start healing it. Suddenly, our heavies start shouting

The tank is literally a few seconds away from dropping the bomb

The rest of my team can do nothing, my heavies are out of ammo, the scout, the spy, and the soldier are all trying their best but it seems all for naught

Then my firespeed lv3 sentry takes down 20% of it's health in 5 seconds, killing it right before it could bomb us.

Relief and cheers lead to an easy kill on the last tank and a victory.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1651 on: August 08, 2013, 10:34:07 pm »

I beat Lord Dredmor in melee!*

*Victory entailed no fewer than 2 escapes into low-leveled Wizardlands to heal up when Dredmor reduced me to < 1/3rd HP. Victory was achieved only after two Bolts of Mass Destruction completely failed to inflict even chip damage to Lord Dredmor, succeeding only in destroying nearby walls. Victory eventually came down to me clicking Dredmor and praying he used useless skills instead of his devastating fire attack and what I think was a lightning spell. Victory was achieved on Normal difficulty, because I think Hard is absolutely biased against non-casters.

So, yeah, a few conditions on that victory, but still. I beat the final boss by smacking him in the face with a couple of maces, with very few resistances, no way to disable Dredmor's magic, and no reliable heal outside of a couple of random potions and Deep Omelettes. Never mind that my first reaction was "oh hey, a random boss", and I spent several turns closing in and losing health before realizing I was actually facing the final boss of the game.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #1652 on: August 08, 2013, 10:38:24 pm »

Cult decided that being secret sucked and opted to KILL MAIM BURN in the name of their dark god, and they took too the hallways with their constructs. In about ten or so minutes, most of the crew got slain and converted into more constructs. Being a scientist, I did the logical thing.  I made a mining drill and booked it. A wraith attacked me and a co-worker, I dispatched it with my drill quickly and fled to Medbay with my friend. A cultist and a wraith attacked, I used water to slip the cultist and took the wraith down, but not before my friend got offed. I fled to the chapel, hid in a coffin. A long time later, a juggernaut smashed my hiding place. I took off into maintanence, to botany which was smashed open by a juggernaut, to the dorms while several wraiths and cultists chased me. I hid in a room's wardrobe until the cult left on the shuttle, then left and wandered the now empty station.

I was the only survivor, other than another guy who hid near an escape pod. And in the end round report, from what I could tell, almost all the dead cultists were done in by my drill.

So basically you were Simon from Gurren Lagann.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1653 on: August 09, 2013, 12:49:46 pm »

My trebuchets began reducing their castle to rubble, and more quickly than I had thought they could. I ordered my troops to go in so they could finish off the Teuton king as he tried to escape.

What I hadn't counted on was the bloated, overweight ruler being able to outrun French Cavaliers.

He quickly runs into a nearby Town Center. Luckly, my trebuchets only need to slide over a bit to destroy it, but the king then runs into another one. Then another one after I burn that one down. He outruns my cavalry each time.

I chase this fat bastard halfway across the continent before he runs into another castle, one I hadn't noticed being built(though I should have because I noticed the Teutonic Knights it was producing).

While I set up my trebuchets to not only attack the castle, but the two Town Centers nearby. There was a third one some distance off, but I let it live, partly because it was out of attack range, and I had a plan that needed it there.

Sure enough, as soon as the Town Centers went down, followed soon after by the castle the kind was hiding in, he runs off to that outer Town Center, just as I had anticipated. Of course, before he got very far, he happened to encounter my massed throwing axemen and hand cannoneers. Alas, good King Wenscelas, your bloated corpse made good target practice.

(Women of the house? Is it that? Wikipedia pulls up onna-bugeisha)
I'm not particularly good with Japanese, but I think onna-bugeisha does mean something like that.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1654 on: August 10, 2013, 12:06:00 am »

Just set two NFL records. I'm a 3rd string quality player (71 overall) that rushed for 622 yards and 7 TDs in a single game. The records are 296yds and 6tds. Most backups would call 600+ yards a phenomenal season (or a really bad one, because the starter went down.)

Madden 13, career mode.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #1655 on: August 10, 2013, 01:20:28 am »

Discovered Storm of the Century.
Oh my.
Oh mmmmyyyyyyyyy.

Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1656 on: August 10, 2013, 02:19:53 am »

How do you use one guy to kill three guys with better armor and weapons so you can steal their stuff?

Run up before they're aggro, steal their ammo and stimpacks, run halfway across the map, and fire one shot off with the longest-range weapon you have. Artificial Stupidity ensues, they blast off all the ammo currently in their guns (only three bursts' worth, ha!) without hitting you, then instinctively run up and grab the early-game gimp guns - also with no ammo - that you drop between them and yourself, delaying them while you gun them down, before they charge at you with their bare hands, at which point the fight tips as you might expect a Bozar versus fist showdown would.

I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1657 on: August 10, 2013, 02:56:54 am »

Tore through much of a massive dungeon filled with angry goblins, rampaging beastmen, and enormous trolls (some with very annoying rocket launchers). And I spent more time killing monsters than my teammate, which 100% counts as ownage in this game!

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1658 on: August 10, 2013, 11:41:18 am »

Tina/Terra in Esper form, with second-level Ice spells. Killed Ultima Weapon in 3 hits. Ironically, she was wielding Ultima Weapon at the time.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #1659 on: August 10, 2013, 09:10:41 pm »

I was the king of Scotland, and discovered that the reason why my vassals were declaring independence every 2 weeks or so was because my king had decided to get excommunicated and became a heretic. I decided that at this point I would be best served sending him on a quick campaign of Scandinavia with only his provincial army, can't quite remember how many soldiers there were though, in an effort to get him killed.

Essentially, over the course of this, I managed to acquire the titles of King of Denmark, Sweden and Norway, and was halfway through Finland before the lack of troops (he had 8 left) and morale meant he basically wasn't fighting anybody, but the bugger just wouldn't die!

In a later game, I was (eventually) the king of Lithuania, and managed to get in a fight with my neighbours, Poland. Wasn't really interested in activating my ruler's army because I had no money, though when a tiny army of ~300 Poles wandered through his home province, I decided to activate it to fight them off. With 9000 soldiers.

He died the next day.

Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #1660 on: August 12, 2013, 07:57:58 pm »

Playing as France, I managed to make the historical stalemate of the Hundred Years War moot.

You see, after taking the French provinces England still owned, Englands stubborn AI would only offer me white peace, and considered anything above that to be unacceptable.

However, France starts with a absolutely pathetic navy, and no real means of building it up. A naval forcelimit of 9 is a terrible thing. however, I decided on a cunning plan. A daring plan, but devious in its exploitation of the game engine. I would create a stack of cogs, and a stack of Carracks, and sacrifice the Carracks one at a time to stall the English fleet while moving a stack of units to my ally, Scotland.

It turned out to be unnecessary. Scotland declared a unrelated war before my carracks were built, and quickly summoned up several large stacks. The English, already worn from my pounding away on the mainland, fought valiantly, but ultimately lost. However, they managed to entrap a stack of 15 Scottish highlanders in the Western Isles... Using their hugemassive fleet. Which the AI won't divide.

I quickly collected my cogs and began slowly transporting units to the southern English lands, while the Scottish handled their main military force in the north and trapped their fleet in trying to keep that big stack away from the battle.

End result? Scotland demanded they release Wales, Cornwall and Northumberland, and I now occupy almost every English province left. If I'm guessing right, as well, Scotland is due for a royal crisis soon, and may be vulnerable to a PU... If I can tear England a big enough hole, and PU Scotland, I'll own most of France AND Most of the British Isles. At 1450, I will be so completely overpowered, I may be able to conquer the continent before this is done.

Il est facile de se prononcer à partir de Paris.

Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Sprin

• Bay Watcher
  • I am Sprin Dragon, Master of Madness!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1661 on: August 15, 2013, 12:41:53 pm »

I killed Ceaser in Fallout: New Vegas buck naked, with my fists!
Quote from: Karnewarrior
HOW DID YOU KNOW I WAS LOOKING UP RULE 34 OF D*CKS?
Sprin is certifiably insane, but there is no denying his brilliance.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1662 on: August 17, 2013, 11:47:49 am »

My Troop Transports: "Oh, hai guys, don't mind us, we're just passing through and - GO! GO! GO! GET THOSE TROOPS DOWN!!"
Ancient Guardians: "Yo, what the f-"
"Our troops have invaded and taken over the planet Utopia from the Ancient Guardians."

Cue victory via economic supremacy after scrapping about 200 of the ships I suddenly got from them, as the Guardians were producing 34% of the GDP in the galaxy with just that one planet.

Spaghetti7

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam ID: wavy shapes dude
    • View Profile
« Reply #1663 on: August 18, 2013, 06:02:29 am »

Bought Gragas on a bit of an impulse.
First game as him: 20/3
Second: 9/0

Why does nobody play him?!

That's nothing. I had something mate with a pile of dead meat.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #1664 on: August 18, 2013, 12:05:58 pm »

I start the game, do the little part at the beginning, and go to Whiterun. I make enough money to buy Muffle, and with this one spell, I level my Illusion skill up to 73 in a matter of minutes, and level my Sneak to 37 by just sneaking around whilst doing so.

It is the start of the game, and I am now a level 12 or so mage. I decide to go derp around, and find the Giant Camp right next to Whiterun. Thinking, "Hmmm." I aggro the giants, and get them to chase me, all the while I'm throwing flames at them. We get to Whiterun, and they stomp into the crowd of Khajiit at the entrance. They stomp, smack, and club the Khajiit into retreat, then chase me further up the hill. Two guards are firing arrows at the Giants now, and I'm continuing to set them on fire a little bit.

One Giant stomps directly on a guard, killing him instantly. I keep running up the hill. The other Giant sweeps his club, and shatters another guard. They're both about dead, and I lure one onto a narrow catwalk. I kill it with fire, then lure the other to on top of the gatehouse, and get under the roof where it can't reach me. I fire all my arrows into it, and set it on fire a bit more, when finally it drops to one knee. I draw a dinky little dagger, and finish it off real fast.

And then, I realize that I just killed two Giants like they weren't shit. KITE LIKE A MAN.

Skyrim
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.
Pages: 1 ... 109 110 [111] 112 113 ... 709