Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 136 137 [138] 139 140 ... 709

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 1292636 times)

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #2055 on: January 03, 2014, 01:11:55 am »

Started a new Pyromancer. Named him Henry P. Ham.
Killed a black knight at level 5 using only my starter gear and pyro flames - damn, it was close - i think I was on maybe 10hp by the end of it. Got some titanite and the Black Knight Shield, though i'm too weak to use it at the moment.

Then, i kindled the Undead Burg bonfire, summoned a phantom because i never had before, and he promptly helped me kill Havel and the Taurus Demon, then gave me a Demon's Great Axe as thanks. I also got myself some crossbow bolts, and bought a crossbow. Now, all I have to do is get that drake's tail.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2056 on: January 03, 2014, 07:08:49 am »

If you've done all that you may as well grab the Zweihander and cheese the entire game, :P
(づ◕◕)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・­¬¬¬¬¬¬¬゜゜・。*。・゜*✧・。*。✧

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #2057 on: January 03, 2014, 08:31:56 am »

I beat the Water Temple without a guide. I don't really see what all the fuss is about, I had a lot more trouble with the Forest Temple in terms of puzzles :-\ The enemies in the Water Temple are a lot tougher than the puzzles IMO.

Ocarina of Time.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2058 on: January 03, 2014, 08:44:28 am »

I beat the Water Temple without a guide. I don't really see what all the fuss is about, I had a lot more trouble with the Forest Temple in terms of puzzles :-\ The enemies in the Water Temple are a lot tougher than the puzzles IMO.

Ocarina of Time.

For me, the water temple isn't DIFFICULT, it's just a major pain. Although, both my siblings used to get me to beat it for them, so I guess for some it is a bit more of a mind trip than others.

Steelmagic

• Bay Watcher
  • Insanity makes everything fun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2059 on: January 03, 2014, 09:45:36 am »

Shot down 2 bombers and a zero over Guadalcanal before the bomber i was trying to kamikaze broke my aileron controls forcing me to jump out. Shooting anything down with the keyboard is a major accomplishment for me.

When i say "I'm no expert but..." It means "I have no idea what the hell I'm talking about but I'm going to try to sound like i do."

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2060 on: January 03, 2014, 03:55:23 pm »

I was happily bombing some strategic targets from mid altitude when I notice a fighter hugging the ground. One lucky 500 kg bomb later and KABLOOM. The entire match was pretty fun, with me, despite being chased by some fighters, sustaining only 30 lions worth of damage.

inEQUALITY

• Bay Watcher
  • Living On the Mirror's Edge
    • View Profile
« Reply #2061 on: January 03, 2014, 05:34:50 pm »

Running around holding down the forward and jump keys while repeatedly pressing the kick key. Jump-kicking things to death over and over, flying across the rooms like Liu Kang in marine armor. 25 kills in under 2 minutes. Second place only had 9 kills.

Quote from: Carl Sagan
It does no harm to the romance of the sunset to know a little bit about it.
If the magma cannon doesn't count, they aren't proper scientists.

Xotes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2062 on: January 03, 2014, 06:23:55 pm »

There's four rent-a-cop security guards down this short corridor. One's coming to investigate my position, so I lurk until he rounds the corner, smash my SMG into his face, and rush past his falling body. His three friends are all close together, two right next to each other, the third out of melee range. I hit the first man with a jumping kick, nail the far-back one with a burst of fire to stagger him, jumping roundhouse the other guard in melee range, and then unload the rest of my SMG into the staggered guard.

Total time elapsed, roughly three seconds.

Reflex mode is amazing.

Quote from: Josephus
"Compatibility mode", dude. If he tries running it under "capatability mode" some terrible thing involving elder gods will probably happen.
Quote from: Aqizzar
You say that like it's not a good time to discuss weird people. It's always a good time to discuss weird people.
Quote from: freeformschooler
I was like, ha, this looks like a pretty dumb and boring game. I was so wrong. Gentlemen, I have discovered true fun.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2063 on: January 03, 2014, 06:46:48 pm »

Yataka Ishii is a goddamn badass. His very first mission, armed with nothing but a pistol? Takes down two Sectoids with accurate long-range fire and even takes a plasma shot to the chest. Unarmored! It barely fazed him! Shame I'm not keeping this playthrough :P
Move over, Yataka. My new Badass of the Month is now Evelyn McNeil: a rookie whose very first mission was a terror attack in  a cramped, claustrophobic London. At night, even.

Evelyn proceeded to score five kills (at least one Cyberdisk) with her brand new, untested laser rifle without taking a single hit. She went straight from Rookie to Sergeant, for crying out loud! She narrowly avoided death when another rookie went berserk and started rapid-firing all over the place in the same room she was in, and at one point was face-to-face with a Sectoid, who proceeded to somehow miss and leave itself open to laser death.

Evelyn McNeil, you are a walking moment of ownage and I salute you.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #2064 on: January 03, 2014, 08:48:34 pm »

I activated a thermonuclear bomb and had ten seconds to live. One of those seconds was spent attempting to arm a second thermonuclear bomb, just to make sure the Spider Mastermind would be extra dead. (The game responded with "ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR MIND??" It was quite funny. Apparently one nuking is enough nuking.)

So, using those last nine seconds, I managed to stand out in the open and shoot the Spider Mastermind down from "healthy" to "heavily wounded" with my two dual speedloader pistols. I absorbed her shots like a sponge, going from 150% health to 101% by the time the bomb exploded. I probably could've killed her without the nukes easily.

Sure, I died in the huge explosion, but hey, I got promotions! And I got to sacrifice myself for the good of mankind, that was a nice change of pace.

Also, this ass-kicking marine killed every last demon in Hell with nothing but pistols. 100% kills, aww yeah.

Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2065 on: January 03, 2014, 10:03:31 pm »

I activated the Protectron's secondary functionality for House (who I will kill soon and usurp because I am a ruthlessly evil motherfucker from hell) and get back up to the Weather Station. The guard demands I give up my weapons, so I blast the three of them with my riot shotgun. I step outside and blast the three there with my Marksmen Carbine, then sneak up to the tent. I drop several mines in chokepoints, and start blasting people at range with my Anti-Material Rifle. They rush onto my mines, and half of them just ceased to be. I hunted the wounded down and killed them execution style, then I got out my Blade of the West and entered Caesar's Tent. Eight Praetorian Guards, a Legion Mongrel, and Caesar himself versus one Courier.

They never knew what hit them. I just spammed my attacks. The Blade of the West is so badass and I had so many targets that I didn't even use VATS. I just slashed and swiped, knocking them back and killing with every other swing. Finally, I finished off everyone but Lucius, and I ended him with a spinning blade sweep, knocking him off his feet and into the tent wall. Surrounded by corpses, I went to Caesar's Throne, and I sat upon it.

It feels good to be bad.

Fallout NV
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2066 on: January 03, 2014, 10:08:09 pm »

But you were killing Legion, doesn't that make you good?
(づ◕◕)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・­¬¬¬¬¬¬¬゜゜・。*。・゜*✧・。*。✧

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2067 on: January 03, 2014, 10:10:56 pm »

But you were killing Legion, doesn't that make you good?

I've been stomping my way across the face of the NCR for weeks now. I've killed hundreds of them. At this point, killing Legion is just continuing the trend of 'Is it in front of me and wearing a uniform or professing loyalty to someone other than me? Yes? Kill the everloving fuck out of it and loot it's corpse.' I kill anyone and everything that isn't a civilian, and some of those I kill too. This guy isn't a psychopath or a sociopath. He's an omnicidal maniac bent on murdering every motherfucker even marginally involved with the Platinum Chip.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2068 on: January 03, 2014, 10:12:33 pm »

WIN ALL OF THE DRAWINGS! (I was just picked as one of the winners in the Merry Making Giveaway. Depending on what's left when I'm gotten to, I'll have won at least 6 games from you fine folks.)

These here forums. I thank you, Bay 12.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2069 on: January 03, 2014, 10:14:07 pm »

Good job!
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread
Pages: 1 ... 136 137 [138] 139 140 ... 709