Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 343 344 [345] 346 347 ... 709

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 1293555 times)

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #5160 on: November 24, 2015, 02:30:15 pm »

I speedran Nuclear Throne and earned Plant's B-skin. My time: 8 minutes, 45 seconds, 30 centiseconds. (196 kills.) I'm not sure if that's a particularly good time, but carp if it didn't feel intense.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #5161 on: November 24, 2015, 02:45:27 pm »

I accidentally became the King of Scotland.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5162 on: November 24, 2015, 02:49:09 pm »

'Accidently' Nah, I completely believe you. One of my CK2 games ended up with me accidently becoming the King of France after all. Married my heir to a woman who became Queen of France. It was not a matrilineal marriage. You can guess what eventually happened.

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5163 on: November 24, 2015, 03:17:50 pm »

I accidentlied the kingdom of Jeresuleum once, before I even finished uniting half of Ireland.
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #5164 on: November 24, 2015, 03:54:56 pm »

One does not simply unify Ireland.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5165 on: November 24, 2015, 04:34:40 pm »

Won, in one sitting. Feels good. Probably helped that it was my second time through.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #5166 on: November 24, 2015, 04:35:00 pm »

The huntsman really is as broken and unfair as it looks.

Spot a heavy, hold M1, round a corner, 360 to the face, which for this weapon is the size of a melon, while your arrows are the size of logs.
Not to mention fun like easy, fast to charge 120 damage bodyshots, which means you can one-shot half of the classes if they took five damage anywhere (and chip damage is really really common in this game).
I got like five kills in one life without any effort. Just a little bit of baiting and abusing corners. Also, kukri crits.
No skill no problem 8)

TF2

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5167 on: November 24, 2015, 08:31:53 pm »

I was playing as Britain, and I had a problem. I had conquered nearly the entirety of Europe, from Portugal to Eastern Poland. I was getting ready to burn the Pope in his nasty little hole (Rome, all of it) when the Mongols invaded. I had to shift all remaining forces to the Eastern Front (minus what I was going to use on Rome. I'll trade Poland for the Pope any day, and twice on Sunday)

As the result of my mobilization of all standing armies and partial city garrisons across Europe, various provinces rebelled. I had no way to defend each individual town or castle with all soldiers away at the war (The Mongols were stopped dead at the Eastern lines, by and by). Instead, all units were ordered out of the city. Every single building or improvement was sold in every city, and all British forces gathered in Western France. Then, when the rebels had taken most of the continent back, I swept across from the West, re-took each and every city and exterminated as much of the populace as possible.

Also, I caught the Pope. Excommunicate this, you wrinkly fop.

Spoiler: Side Note (click to show/hide)
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #5168 on: November 24, 2015, 09:41:38 pm »

'Accidently' Nah, I completely believe you. One of my CK2 games ended up with me accidently becoming the King of France after all. Married my heir to a woman who became Queen of France. It was not a matrilineal marriage. You can guess what eventually happened.

Mmm. I wanted the Duchy of Albany, and the king annoyed me by revoking the county of Circinn/whatevertheothernameis (Gower?) so I fabricated a claim on it, then waited for the king to bugger off on a war.

He attacked Orkney, so I attacked him. During this, the king apparently died, leaving a 4 year-old son in charge; also had a rebellion for the Kingdom.

Anyway, Given I was intrigue-master, and the new king had a -200 from me usurping 3 counties and a duchy title, I decided to assassinate the bugger, failing to pay attention to who his heir was: me.

Managed to beat off the other claimant, and just surrendered for the Orkney war; stack of 8k troops on a single county island? No thanks.

Thought it would take a bit longer than a few in-game months to realise my regal ambitions, but ah well.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #5169 on: November 24, 2015, 09:59:34 pm »

Once I inherited the Kingdom of Hungary as the King of Africa.  I migrated from Sicily to Tunis and married my peoples off to ally with as many neighbors of Byzantine as I could because we had a long history of fighting for Sicily.  A heresy took hold in Hungary, the Pope hopped up within a year, and a crusade called.  My mother inherited the country.

I gave it to my half brother. :facepalm:

But all that was versions back when Byzantine actually did offensive stuff.  Shame you currently cant convince the Arabs to join you in dissecting them :(
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #5170 on: November 24, 2015, 10:39:56 pm »

Mmm. I wanted the Duchy of Albany, and the king annoyed me by revoking the county of Circinn/whatevertheothernameis (Gower?) so I fabricated a claim on it, then waited for the king to bugger off on a war.

He attacked Orkney, so I attacked him. During this, the king apparently died, leaving a 4 year-old son in charge; also had a rebellion for the Kingdom.

Anyway, Given I was intrigue-master, and the new king had a -200 from me usurping 3 counties and a duchy title, I decided to assassinate the bugger, failing to pay attention to who his heir was: me.

Managed to beat off the other claimant, and just surrendered for the Orkney war; stack of 8k troops on a single county island? No thanks.

Thought it would take a bit longer than a few in-game months to realise my regal ambitions, but ah well.
Spymaster who hates him and who is his heir?  Best council appointment in history...
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5171 on: November 25, 2015, 10:39:43 am »

Managed to build a small but entirely working mining ship from scratch. And that's after a meteor hit the landing pad I was constructing it on while I turned my head away, right where it was sitting. Strangely, the ship itself wasn't damaged at all from that impact, just sent floating into space. And the brief "FFFFUUUUUU-" moment when I turn back and all I see of the pad is a giant impact hole where the ship was before looking up and seeing the ship floating away.

And also after another meteor from the same storm hit my mostly-deconstructed starting rescue/refinery ship. Luckily, it only hit the conveyor tube. Directly in the middle between the refinery and the assembly plant/rest of the ship. And nothing else.

Now I'm dropping off ores by the thousands rather than hundreds. A shame that everything but iron and gravel take so long to refine...

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #5172 on: November 25, 2015, 11:14:32 am »

I broke Reassembly's ship editor.

Look at the middle of the ship, where all the drone bay thingies are attached. Now look at those "connected" blocks where you could probably fit the thinnest block in the middle. (biggest gap is towards the end)

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5173 on: November 25, 2015, 01:02:16 pm »

The Cadian 412th was fighting the Eldar for some platform thingy in the middle of some swamp on some planet somewhere in the asscrack of the galaxy(because what else would the Imperial Guard be doing?)

I send two squads north of my base to grab some strategic points, followed by a Techpriest to fortify them. Meanwhile, the Eldar grab the critical point, then rush my base with what appears to have been their only squad. One squad is called back to kill them, then after all points north are secure and my hero unit is called in, I rush the platform and take it from the Eldar. The xenos counterattack, force me off, but they extend too far and get killed.

Meanwhile, I bring in a Basilisk. Using it to cover my counter-counterattack, I re-retake the platform.

...And they counterattack again. Only this was a sloppy one since they divided their forces to also attack my northernmost strategic point(fortified with heavy bolters, reinforced with a Techpriest for repairs) while my Basilisk tears up the rest. They eventually force me off through sheer numbers(Eldar outnumbering IG? Dear Emperor!). They make several attempts to recapture the strategic point...

Only holding the point gives LoS to it, and my Basilisk was in range. Every. Single. Squad they sent to uncap it from me got blown away. By the time *I* realized that was happening, it was already too late for them.

Imperium victory. Total losses: Eldar - 92, Imperial Guard - 109.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #5174 on: November 26, 2015, 02:18:50 pm »

A crusader, a man-at-arms, a highwayman, and a vestal enter the ruins serving as a base of operations for an apprentice necromancer.

After a week, the entire party actually comes back out alive, and reasonably sane. And the necromancer's dead, and the adventuring party is laden with over 10,000 gold. Against odds that seem impossibly stacked against them, they've removed a blight on the land without everyone in the party dying or going mad.

Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.
Pages: 1 ... 343 344 [345] 346 347 ... 709