Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 425 426 [427] 428 429 ... 709

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 1292722 times)

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #6390 on: July 18, 2016, 03:26:37 pm »

Absolutely adorable and succubi do not mix. :P
Black lives matter.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6391 on: July 18, 2016, 04:28:42 pm »

Don't be ridiculous. Succubi can be plenty adorable. Beware them, for they are the scariest of them all.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6392 on: July 18, 2016, 08:20:04 pm »

Was firing at a pair of Vanguards with a Spear turret, when I saw a Flash cloak as it was driving past them. I guessed where it was going to go, fired, and headshotted the driver. Didn't hit the Flash, just the driver.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6393 on: July 18, 2016, 11:24:03 pm »

Two soldiers, one Human Hammerman and one Swordsdwarf went to confront a forgotten beast in the caverns, to protect the magma furnaces. They took not a single hit from the FB, but got caught up in the poison, mangling their faces beyond recognition, and rotting nearly everything else. Still, they wandered back to the hospital, where a thirteen-year-old peasant and a thirty-four-year-old carpenter had beaten each other up in an argument. The hospital went from "totally unused" to "four dwarves requiring major surgery"; the thirteen year old was bruised and cut up a little; the carpenter had multiple fractures and lacerations, and the human and swordsdwarf were uninjured besides the fact they were necrotic. Surgeon came in, ripped the two soldier's lips off, cleaned them up and off they went. He also fixed the carpenter's injury and gave the peasant dressing.

I haven't played DF in a long time, and to boot I've never seen hospitals operate so well.

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chaos that Crawls up on you with a Smile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6394 on: July 19, 2016, 05:46:35 am »

Moorland Trenches map. The commander (AI), sent us to take the trenches, which is arguably the hardest position to hold due to bordering several territories and very disadvantageous terrain. One player wanted to circle south towards the airport and secure the war factory there; thus denying the enemy two tanks. While another group wanted to sneak north and target the enemies' radar capabilities.

So we made the fateful decision to split our forces. One group went north to target the hospital, a second held the line at the trenches, and I went with the third group to the airport.

Since the number of enemies on the enemy side scales with the number of players on the map; each one of our undersized groups were facing large waves of enemies. Since we started in the northeastern area, we had a lot of ground to cover. By the time we got there, the center group was just barely holding the center, while the northern group had been cut off and couldn't get reinforcements due to radar jamming. Thankfully, the efforts of the center group had pulled most of the enemies towards them, leaving the airport only moderately defended.

By the time we secured the airport, the northern group had been reduced to a single player who had barricaded himself on top of the building in the center of the hospital. We regrouped with the center group and launched a blitz from the very bottom of the map to the very top; utterly shredding every enemy position along the way. The last member of the northern group was saved when we got to his position with two tanks, a vulcan tank, a minigunner, and a massive horde of infantry. Capturing the rest of the map was a snap afterwards.

As one player noted: "It was one hell of a rescue party."
« Last Edit: July 19, 2016, 05:48:31 am by Blaze »

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #6395 on: July 19, 2016, 07:56:59 am »

Moorland Trenches map. The commander (AI), sent us to take the trenches, which is arguably the hardest position to hold due to bordering several territories and very disadvantageous terrain. One player wanted to circle south towards the airport and secure the war factory there; thus denying the enemy two tanks. While another group wanted to sneak north and target the enemies' radar capabilities.

So we made the fateful decision to split our forces. One group went north to target the hospital, a second held the line at the trenches, and I went with the third group to the airport.

Since the number of enemies on the enemy side scales with the number of players on the map; each one of our undersized groups were facing large waves of enemies. Since we started in the northeastern area, we had a lot of ground to cover. By the time we got there, the center group was just barely holding the center, while the northern group had been cut off and couldn't get reinforcements due to radar jamming. Thankfully, the efforts of the center group had pulled most of the enemies towards them, leaving the airport only moderately defended.

By the time we secured the airport, the northern group had been reduced to a single player who had barricaded himself on top of the building in the center of the hospital. We regrouped with the center group and launched a blitz from the very bottom of the map to the very top; utterly shredding every enemy position along the way. The last member of the northern group was saved when we got to his position with two tanks, a vulcan tank, a minigunner, and a massive horde of infantry. Capturing the rest of the map was a snap afterwards.

What game is this?

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
  • You are doomed, doomed, I tell you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6396 on: July 19, 2016, 08:19:17 am »

What game is this?
"RUNNING WITH RIFLES".

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6397 on: July 19, 2016, 12:08:07 pm »

Bloody brilliant game. I beat it playing as the Greycoats, or whatever they're called.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #6398 on: July 19, 2016, 01:05:41 pm »

Demolished the Pink Rathian on my third try. Afterward, I took down a Zinogre and added my fifth consecutive skill to my armor, effectively nullifying my thunder weakness in the process.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #6399 on: July 19, 2016, 03:36:09 pm »

Killed a goblin with anvils

Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6400 on: July 19, 2016, 04:42:32 pm »

Killed a goblin with anvils

Could have been ADOM. Anvils can be a pretty heavy bludgeon if you're strong enough to swing one.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #6401 on: July 19, 2016, 05:25:23 pm »

"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #6402 on: July 19, 2016, 06:29:11 pm »

Demolished the Pink Rathian on my third try.
I hate you.

* IronTomato had to die a million times before he got gud enough to kill a PR

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
  • You are doomed, doomed, I tell you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6403 on: July 20, 2016, 12:24:35 am »

Noticed a teamfight, decided to pop in.
Behind the entire enemy team.

League of Legends.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #6404 on: July 20, 2016, 03:02:31 am »

I tranquilized an ulting Genji.  That'll teach you to walk towards me in a straight line.

Later in that game I panicked and nano boosted a Lucio.  That was less of an own.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule
Pages: 1 ... 425 426 [427] 428 429 ... 709