Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 440 441 [442] 443 444 ... 709

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 1289451 times)

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #6615 on: August 22, 2016, 11:26:26 am »

Previously on Hans Prussian Murder Extravanganza:

I took a big bite out of Poland.

Recently on HPME:

I finished Poland off along with Saxony and Courland (FUCK Courland. Little fucking shithole full of jerks.) and what was left of the Austrian Rebels. It took awhile to consolidate my gains, moreso than I had expected, but I did it. I had to fend off countless raids from Courland and Polish remnants after I took Saxony, but I finally got enough money together to go marching in there and crush them. Now I have Sweden to my north, an ally. Russia to my east, a neutral-and-not-angry neighbor. Venice is at war with me to the southwest, but I have twenty little citystates I'm not at war with all along my western border, so I can probably just slink around them and wipe Venice out without much trouble. All in all, I have few enemies, a huge income rate, and massive, well-experienced armies sitting around waiting for commands.

The temptation to idiot ball myself and attack Russia in the winter is incredibly strong. :P

Empire Total War
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6616 on: August 22, 2016, 04:53:17 pm »

Took out a flying alien war machine... thing. Not sure what it was and I've only ever encountered one before, an encounter that puts it in the "run the hell away right n- you're dead already" category. It looks like a spinning top, with the lower section opening up several leg-like things to reveal a drill-like piece below. It seems to have two attacks, when it opens up it shoots energy bolts everywhere, and when it closes and spins very fast it shoots a barrage of missiles into the air that drop down and hit you for over 300HP a piece(you have 500HP, though people say you can get more?).

Lured it over to a town where a couple of colonists started firing arrows at it... for about 4HP per hit. My rifle, a custom heavy-hitter was doing about a hundred per shot, and it was barely having an effect on its HP bar. I took shelter in the store(where I hastily traded for supplies), and put down a rocket turret and an artillery turret. These did some appreciable damage along with my rifle, and it seemed not to want use missiles on the turrets - just me when I ran out in the open. Luckily the store provided total cover from overhead missiles. After wasting hundreds of bullets(these two turrets seem to have infinite ammo), it went down, yielding about a hundred each of gold and iron, plus 32 diamond, 3 1GHz processors, and several 500MHz processors. Loot probably wasn't worth what I spent bringing it down. but it was a hell of a fight.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6617 on: August 22, 2016, 04:55:15 pm »

I beat the game.

Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #6618 on: August 22, 2016, 04:59:43 pm »

Won a round (and inevitably a match) of Arsenal in Goldeneye Source 5.0

Basically you start off with a really good weapon (mostly a gold or silver PP7, but sometimes a Golden Gun) and you have to kill other folk with it. Once you kill two, you go up a level, and get a new, inferior weapon to kill two people with, and so on 'til you get the last weapon after 9 kills, the hunting knife.

I was quite lucky that the person I found first when I got the knife had a magnum, a weapon that does a lot of damage but takes ages to use because of the recoil between shots. I got a slash in while they got a shot in, and there was a second or so I thought I'd lost it as we were both moving in the same direction at the same speed at the same time... 'til they backed into a wall and I slashed 'em for the kill.

This game is awesome and is absolutely free!
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Wolock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6619 on: August 22, 2016, 09:45:28 pm »

I arrived in the Carribean at Eleuthera. I started to work for the English. After sinking a Spaniard and a couple of pirates in the Bahamas I went back to port and upgraded my sails. I decided to sail to Florida and hit the evil Spaniard and slimy French shipping there. As I left port I accidentally hit the space bar which prompt my ship to fire on the town... Well no harm's done I suppose and I went on to the Floridian coast where a Spaniard and a surprising amount of French trade ship off the Florida Keys.

I decided to get back to the Bahamas after the port sent a bounty-hunting brig against me. I sailed to Nassau to get repairs and buy the upgraded cannons but once I approached the port the town start shooting at me. The backwater town of Nassau known for it's unruly nature decided to avenge poor old England for the single accidental shot I fired on Eleuthera a while ago...

Saying that I didn't took it well is an understatement. I decided to took the town and give it to the greedy Dutch. For the following months I've disrupted English shipping in the Bahamas, attacked a governor's ship, plundered not once but twice the port of Grand Bahamas and captured a brand new frigate. On the side I've also hunt down Jack Rackham and learned the location of Henry Morgan's treasure.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6620 on: August 23, 2016, 12:04:19 am »

Was caught in open battle while outnumbered 4 to 1 and my enemy was had better quality troops as well. However, I used the terrain to hide my ranged units behind a ridge, and have my armored troops with their shields soak up projectiles from the enemy ranged units. Meanwhile, I rode out on a mount and charged right into enemy lines from behind, getting all their attention. They all started firing their projectiles at me instead. I rode around in circles until they all ran out of ammunition. I then told my ranged units and infantry to switch places, and my archers started picking off the enemy one by one while they were chasing me in circles. Once my men ran out of ammunition, I took over, twisting around in my saddle and headshotting any soldier without a shield to protect themselves. Once I ran out of ammunition, I ordered everybody to charge, with the enemy facing away from them and completely focused on me. The first moments of the engagement went well, with many kills and few losses, but as the enemy realized they were being slaughtered from behind, they turned around. I took this opportunity to use hit-and-run tacktics, riding in, killing a few, then leaving once they were focused on me. Eventually, the entire army was defeated, but at a great cost. Two thirds of my army died that battle.

"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #6621 on: August 24, 2016, 09:35:59 am »

They thought they could stop me, just by chopping my limbs off!
But I told them that "none shall pass", and I meant it!
I bit their limbs off!

Yes, I un-intentionally re-enacted the dark knight scene from Monty Python and the Holy Grail, but with him successfully biting their libs off.

Dwarf Fortress.
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6622 on: August 24, 2016, 10:44:47 pm »

Carried my fireteam in the very first Strike. KOSS IS STRONGEST THERE IS!

Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6623 on: August 24, 2016, 11:23:02 pm »

@pikachu17 gib combat logs ploxx
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6624 on: August 25, 2016, 04:10:57 pm »

Rocksmith 2014

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #6625 on: August 25, 2016, 05:45:50 pm »

They thought they could stop me, just by chopping my limbs off!
Successfully biting their libs off.

That could either be construed as an attempt at writing "limbs" or "lips". The latter conjures horrible images.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #6626 on: August 25, 2016, 06:09:47 pm »

Carried my fireteam in the very first Strike. KOSS IS STRONGEST THERE IS!

That game's still active? I thought it was pretty much dead (at least, no-one was talking a whole lot about it recently)

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6627 on: August 25, 2016, 06:20:17 pm »

There's still a decent pop. New expansion is coming out soon, too. Can't wait!
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6628 on: August 26, 2016, 12:07:59 am »

There's still a decent pop. New expansion is coming out soon, too. Can't wait!
Preorder from me and get the Iron Gjallarhorn!

* MaximumZero ducks tomatoes for talking about preorders on the internet.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #6629 on: August 26, 2016, 12:43:38 am »

So apparently young me was fucking retarded. Cuz I just discovered the most HILARIOUSLY overpowered thing in Fable: Anniversary that I pretty much never used when it was on Xbox: The Physical Shield spell.
It doesn't SOUND massively OP, but getting hit with it on doesn't count against the "Without a Scratch" boasts, nor against combat multiplier. So basically this new character is OVERWHELMINGLY rich and experienced all by the time I finished the Arena, with just one scar that I got before I could buy the spell and I can focus on style instead of damage reduction in my wardrobe. Which leaves lots of dosh for buying up the most ridiculously OP weapons. Also houses. And will potions, which are all you really need to win with this combat style.

Fable: Anniversary
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.
Pages: 1 ... 440 441 [442] 443 444 ... 709