Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 501 502 [503] 504 505 ... 709

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 1292993 times)

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #7530 on: May 17, 2017, 05:12:31 pm »

I never bothered to get akimbo upgrades for any of the Saint's Row games. Never got the appeal of spraying two guns over the appeal of carefully aiming one gun with both hands like a responsible adult and shooting a random street-person in the head from 30 paces away for gits and shiggles.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • "Lest he be compelled to labor."
    • View Profile
« Reply #7531 on: May 17, 2017, 05:14:06 pm »

but with two guns you can do that twice as often (minus the two-hands part)
Also that's what rifles are for.
It is good to choose your battles. It is better to choose your wars.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7532 on: May 17, 2017, 05:31:55 pm »

Yeah, going akimbo in SR has pretty much no downsides as far as I can tell. Your accuracy is just as good as it was before, so you can still nail people from several blocks away.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7533 on: May 17, 2017, 07:26:48 pm »

Saints Row 2 is the best honestly. The others are trash imo. SR2 is kind of serious-parody of GTA. Obviously, being a parody of a parody makes it kind of campy in terms of story elements, but the gameplay is extremely gratifying.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #7534 on: May 17, 2017, 07:30:24 pm »

Saints Row 2 is the best honestly.

I'm a PC gamer.

Suddenly stopping in place because the game went "fuck you, I'm going to forget that you're holding down this button" doesn't exactly give SR2 the number one spot in my comparison of Saint's Row games.

Silverthrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Old Geat
    • View Profile
« Reply #7535 on: May 17, 2017, 07:43:59 pm »

I landed my aeroplane in one piece. Several times now, in fact! No autopilot, even without navigation aids a few times. I did not even blow a tyre or bang one of my wing-lights or anything! I am learning. It feels more like an 'own' that it seems. It took a lot of practice on my part.

Even my character looks faintly smug from under the oxygen mask.

(DCS World.)

George_Chickens

• Bay Watcher
  • Ghosts are stored in the balls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7536 on: May 18, 2017, 03:13:43 am »

Saints Row 2 is the best honestly.

I'm a PC gamer.

Suddenly stopping in place because the game went "fuck you, I'm going to forget that you're holding down this button" doesn't exactly give SR2 the number one spot in my comparison of Saint's Row games.
gentlemen of the row (probably) has a fix for that, nearly every other bug excluding controller issues, and restores cut content.
Ghosts are stored in the balls?[/quote]
also George_Chickens quit fucking my sister

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7537 on: May 18, 2017, 04:23:29 am »

Sadly it does not, as that's an engine issue if i recall. I've had SR2 with GOTR installed for some time now, and that bug has persisted.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7538 on: May 18, 2017, 08:17:41 pm »

Mission to eliminate a merc commander, first by tailing one of his agents to him. Followed them all the way, rescuing a prisoner with a very nice skill along the way. As soon as their meeting was done and all the guards were getting into the vehicles, I covered them in smoke grenades. Beat up their commander and extracted him(he had decent skills). S+ Rank, perfect stealth bonus.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.

Nighthawk

• Bay Watcher
  • INT Score: Yes
    • View Profile
« Reply #7539 on: May 18, 2017, 09:21:06 pm »

Fighting Gammoth, my most hated opponent. It's a humongous mammoth that sprays snow and ice everywhere when it's not busy crushing you underfoot. Due to its inflexible nature, it's attacks aren't always telegraphed super well, and most of them also hit in a huge radius, which can make it a pretty scary fight for a Guild Longsword user... which is what I foolishly chose to go with.

I'm about to get punished with the Gammoth's biggest attack for rolling way too early in front of it, when my brain kindly reminds me that I have a neat little Hunter Art called Critical Juncture. I activate it the moment my roll ends, blocking all damage and delivering a devastating counterattack directly to the Gammoth's head, which sends it reeling.

The hunt went pretty smoothly after that.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7540 on: May 19, 2017, 12:14:07 am »

Just got 847 kills, revived 5 allies and gained 178,027 XP in a mission. I just keep getting better at this game. Been figuring out which tactics work best for which kind of aliens, and getting better at telling just when it's time to whip out the legendary minigun I found.
At this rate I'll make gold league!

Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #7541 on: May 19, 2017, 05:27:08 am »

I learned that I am apparently good at aiming when I've just woken up, as I found out using a Stug III and topping the match leaderboard 3 consecutive times with at least ten kills a match.

Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7542 on: May 19, 2017, 06:06:02 pm »

Finished a ~half-hour session with 21 kills and 2 deaths. Granted, I was camping in my Sunderer turrets the entire time - the last bit was basically mowing through a large NC push through a narrow choke with a Kobalt - but it counts. Except kdr doesn't count this game, of course.

EDIT:
First actual shipbuilding project with this game: A small(I think) ironclad gunboat. It's not finished yet, but the fact that it can float and has pretty decent maneuverability is actually pretty surprising, considering the game.

Current armaments are a forward-facing custom cannon that's pretty accurate, and two banks of three torpedo launchers, one on each side. I still need to figure out ammo design, since the cannon doesn't do what I'd call "a lot" of damage, and while the torpedo salvos definitely do "a lot" of damage(the raft the test map spawns for you - 2/3rds of it was vaporized on a direct hit), they seem to just stop dead in the water after a short distance, limiting them to a close range.

Still have to finish it, add some defenses, and AI stuff.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2017, 08:18:35 pm by Akura »

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7543 on: May 19, 2017, 11:09:23 pm »

I finally decided to continue the story a bit, rather than roam the item worlds upgrading and optimizing my equipment.  Even with the "Strongest Enemies" bill in effect, the story missions were completely trivial...  Even the interesting use of "no entry" and "invincibility" geo panels was no match for my characters upgraded range and speed.

Met a god-like dimensional traveler, a PC from the previous game.  I was obviously supposed to lose - and actually, it was pretty close.  But I squeaked out a win.

They blew up the planet out of spite, Sepphiroth-style.  Credits roll, "The End".  Offers to save and start New Game Plus.
I got a similar "bad" end by beating up a certain Mid-Boss, earlier...  Though that one ended "Fin~"

I love this game.
Disgaea 2
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Steelmagic

• Bay Watcher
  • Insanity makes everything fun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7544 on: May 20, 2017, 05:09:58 am »

Ending a dramatic battle at an ADVENT Blacksite, Kaga carries an unconscious Zuikaku to the extraction zone while Duke Nukem covers them. Tommy Wiseau was unfortunately lost in the fighting, but we made it with almost everyone.

When i say "I'm no expert but..." It means "I have no idea what the hell I'm talking about but I'm going to try to sound like i do."
Pages: 1 ... 501 502 [503] 504 505 ... 709