Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 553 554 [555] 556 557 ... 709

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 1289432 times)

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #8310 on: January 14, 2018, 08:52:19 am »

How is it? I've been considering getting it, but I've been put off by the $30 price and the numerous complaints that it's a bug-infested, hacker-infested mess.

i can't speak for hacker infected, as i have yet to see any examples of it yet even though there was some news and controversies about mass chinese hackers, but there are just some graphical bugs i've noticed and that's it. i mean, i got it thru gmg with a discount code that saved me around 8 bucks so im inclined to relax my judgement.

Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.

Coolnesstod

• Bay Watcher
  • Drink, Work, Repeat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8311 on: January 14, 2018, 09:29:48 am »

PUBG is still a little buggy, but its gotten better since it 'fully released'  ::)

It's really fun, considering from what ive seen on magazines and such that 5 mil+ people are playing it at any given time. Ive seen only 2 hackers from my couple hundred hours of play. Devs might not be the best, but they made one hell of a game. Definitely buy it on humble bundle or some other site that has it discounted.
All glory to the Hypnotoad.
Random fact: Robin Williams was once addicted to cocaine during the late 1980's/early 1990's.

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #8312 on: January 14, 2018, 01:16:32 pm »

Saved one Sorcerer from Magisters and Voidlings. Magisters were pretty easy, while Fire Voidlings aka the last wave, required some reloads.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #8313 on: January 14, 2018, 02:47:01 pm »

In 1588 AD, I restored The Pentarchy as Byzantine Empire.

SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8314 on: January 16, 2018, 01:55:41 am »

Cult activity was reported in the bar. Me, being the chaplain whose job it is to help deal with such things, ran over there with my talking sword.

I was then tased in the hall outside of the bar, dragged into the back of said bar, and surrounded by 4 or so cultists that were preparing to sacrifice me to their blood-hungry god.

I had just one word to say to them: "A-a-alla-a-huu-u" ("Allahu" (as in, "allahu akbar"), but jittery because I had recently been tased). The voice-activated holy hand grenade that I had made earlier and put in my pocket (or was it my backback?) for just such an occasion then activated, causing a massive explosion that killed both me and my would-be sacrificers (I think).

The cult lost that round, although I'm not sure how much of that was due to my actions. I think the AI was the real MVP that round, since some random crewmember removed its Asimov laws in favor of ones that would force the AI to serve him (her?), letting it brutally burn/suffocate/murder most of the cult members, despite said cult members managing to convert almost everyone on the station (for some reason, the cult never sent a construct after it).

« Last Edit: January 16, 2018, 02:00:17 am by ATHATH »
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8315 on: January 16, 2018, 08:02:14 am »

The cult lost that round, although I'm not sure how much of that was due to my actions.
Probably a decent chunk, cuz if they were skilled enough to set up a hidden sacrifice chamber without security or assistants finding it, you probably took out the members skilled enough to use magic. This would leave the lesser skilled ones to run around trying to convert everyone but without the cult leader transcribing spells and getting sacrifices it allowed the ai to robomurder them cuz they dont have the spells to defend themselves.
Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.

Aliemma

• Bay Watcher
  • Rejecting reality and substituting my own.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8316 on: January 18, 2018, 02:55:29 pm »

Less an "Own", more of a "Won through AI stupidity but still skin of my teeth" but whatever.

Last 2 attempts had failed, once from not getting some cities and bases on the far side in time, once from not getting the airport before the enemy and thus getting decimated by battle copters. Decide to go for a minimalistic strategy: 2 APCS, 2 infantry, one infantry gets the airport, other one gets the base near it, and wait for money for bombers to blow up the pipe I need destroyed to clear the mission.

Main problem is that the enemy has a factory that lets them get new units and use them on the same turn, whereas I have to wait to use my own. Thus, the second I get the airport, missles and 2 anti-aircraft guns get built while I'm waiting for money! Fun! Was able to body-block the anti-aircraft guns long enough to get the second bomber out a few turns after the missles got the first; and the missles for some reason decided to move out of spawn-camping range. Map ended right before they broke through the infantry body-block choke and not long before the enemy infantry would have captured my HQ

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8317 on: January 18, 2018, 07:08:50 pm »

For much of the early game, Russia was the closest empire, and the two of us worked in harmony. Multiple research pacts, a Declaration of Friendship. I even bailed them out with some money.

However, their ruler, Catherine, started changing policy. First she puts a city near my border, then screams at me for settling too close to her. Eventually she stops offering research pacts, then has the nerve to denounce me. The main source of friction was that she desired my vast tracts of land. Odd considering her empire was equal in both city count and controlled area, so she had some vast tracts of land herself.

Curse you, Catherine of Russia, and your sudden, inevitable betrayal!! And by that, I mean I saw it coming a mile away and struck first.

While she was still playing with spearmen and archers, I was position tons of Minutemen along my border(she was doing the same... on my border). Then I research Rifling, and upgrade the entire army to Riflemen at once, declare war, and push across the her border. The Riflemen's base strength(25) was twice that of her entire cities'. Within a dozen turns, her capital was surrounded.

Her first offer of peace was extremely generous; several resources, gold, open borders, and about half of her remaining empire. At first I was tempted to accept, but in the end declined. She had no appreciable military left. Her second offer, after being reduced to one final 3-pop city, was a measly 106 gold. I was making more than that per turn.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #8318 on: January 18, 2018, 09:18:53 pm »

Fully Upgraded Ser Junkan.

I almost felt bad for the Dragun.

I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8319 on: January 19, 2018, 05:42:12 pm »

Managed to beat down the final boss worm. Actually, I'm not sure if I actually killed it, or if I simply drove far enough for it to back off(also considered a win).

Ran out of ammo for both laser cannons(batteries are a pain to make in bulk) pretty quick, the cannon and two of the (three) machineguns were wrecked, the last gun just kept firing. I ran out of magnum ammo(the strongest), then switched to whatever else I had. The one gun just kept firing. It didn't stop. Then, silence.

Had one mouse die(out of 12), and nearly half the rooms on the sandship were destroyed. Worse, the rooms destroyed were some of the important, expensive ones; kitchen(there goes all the food), factory, plant. But it was a victory.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #8320 on: January 20, 2018, 06:07:43 pm »

I beat 2/3rds of Hyper Mode on Super Hexagon.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8321 on: January 20, 2018, 10:51:48 pm »

Actually managed to win a match for once. 3v3, 1000-point victory match. Stopped a few sectors away from the enemy base and built a defensive line. Using tank traps with barbed wire behind it, I funneled the enemy into a narrow choke point on my side. Said choke point had AT guns, mortars, machine gun nests, the fun stuff. Sadly, the ally AI didn't want to do much on their side.

Held on to two victory points for a while without any serious opposition. Around the time they dropped to around 300 points left, they started attacking in force. The defenses around the middle victory point were eventually lost, and I had to fight back and forth for it. At around 150 points left, the enemy AI did its usual magic bullshit, summoning dozens of tanks out of nowhere. Lost the middle point for several minutes while trying to just hold on to my forward base. Two uses of the "Off-map support" ability, an expensive power that summons 15-pop cap's worth of random units were wasted, both being flattened before reaching the front. Still managed to recover the center point, even as it was put under cover of a Flak-88. The worst part wasn't even the tanks, it was the sniper spam. I literally put half a squad on an unmanned AT gun(thanks to sniper), only for the crew to be wiped out in less than a second. Then the little cucks get a fall-back order.

At around 50-60 points left, the enemy buried one of my ally AI's bases in tanks; even with heavy artillery support, I couldn't stop it. At the same time(30 points left), the other AI captures the enemy's long-held victory point. The enemy just sort of gave up. There was almost nothing they could do anyway.

My side still had over 900 points left.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #8322 on: January 23, 2018, 01:44:49 am »

Made it to 3rd place, with 4 kills.  Perhaps not impressive, but I'm new to the game so it was a huge step for me.

The most memorable kill that I had was when I saw someone who was under fire build a 1x3 tower (the standard fort, basically).  I started taking out their walls with my AR hoping to catch them in a crossfire, but who ever had been fighting them before gave up.  So it turned into both of us trying to clip each other's heads with snipers.  I didn't feel like risking it so I quietly slipped out of my fort, built a long wooden ramp to climb the mountain above the guy's head, then tossed grenades into his fort.  One of them fell right into the top and bounced around inside, he had barely a second to panic before his entire fort exploded.

In the final area I managed to kill a guy with a legendary scar to replace my blue AR.  Sadly, although I had almost everything a person could want (aside from 100 shields, but I did have 7 mini shield potions), the guy who won had something more: a rocket launcher.  So when I tried to put all my resources to work on a final fort, he blew it up (thankfully I escaped).  I hid in a corner, then right before the circle got to me I blew up the roof over my head and trampolined out.  That let me see my opponent's fort, a huge metal monstrosity.  I managed to ramp my way in and tried to take him out with the scar instead of my boring tactical shotgun.  He predictably gunned me down.  After I died, I was surprised to see that I only got third; I charged so aggressively because I thought there was only one guy left.

If I had kept my head (waited a little longer to engage, kept the trampoline, used the shotty in close range) I might have won.  Still, the other guy must have played more aggressively than me to have that many rockets (I counted at least 7), and he had circle luck.  I'm glad I got as far as I did.  The silly thing is, I previously considered grenades a crap item, but they would have been an extraordinary advantage if I had kept them.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8323 on: January 23, 2018, 05:30:18 am »

I think I figured out how to do magic. After squeezing what little earth gem income I could into pearls, and then squeezing those into death gems, I finally managed to empower some dude with a few ranks of death magic, and got him casting Dark Knowledge, which reveals death magic sites in a province. Using that newfound income, I got him boosted in Astral magic, and now he's casting Acashic Knowledge, which finds ALL magic sites in a province. This of course, has an incredible effect on magic income once you find those sites.

Also, the turn after I stupidly sent my god into the arena(how was I supposed to know they'd have a hero with more hitpoints than an actual god?!), the enemy rather stupidly sends their god(and one priest) into a province with a defense rating of 100. Then they got mad that I killed their god.

EDIT: Heh, that was odd. I tried to kick down the capital fortress of the same god. Unfortunately, the three commanders of the attack were all killed, causing the entire army to rout even though we would have won otherwise. We did kill their god again during the battle, and afterwards I see the message that it was permanently killed due to dominion loss.

« Last Edit: January 23, 2018, 06:27:46 am by Akura »

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #8324 on: January 23, 2018, 07:14:16 am »

So last patch introduced a neat unique wand called The Poets Pen. Now, it has some nice gem lvl scaling but the real thing that makes it awesome is that it casts socketed spells on attack. This has an internal cooldown of a 1/4 second (tho it can be lowered) and since it has up to three sockets (from which it casts in sequence if multiple different spells are socketed) this means that if you dual wield them and get your attack speed up you can be casting 6 different spells every second. Lategame you wanna have two which are supported so you get a higher dmg output, but while leveling you can do whatever you want. In my case, one hand was summoning flaming skull minions and shooting projectiles which created corpses where they landed. The other was summoning zombies from said corpses and exploding the remainder into homing orbs of fire which detonate after reaching an enemy, also it rained knives on an area. All this while my main attack fired a bunch of projectiles which had a chance to freeze enemies while also cursing them with a higher chance to recieve crits.

All of this resulted in me running around, attacking a few times and either the targets died in a second or two from all the knives/explosions/attacks or they lived a while longer only to be swarmed by flaming skulls and zombies. Stupidly fun build.

"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG
Pages: 1 ... 553 554 [555] 556 557 ... 709