Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 141 142 [143] 144 145 ... 887

Author Topic: Terraria - 1.3 released. Big Patch!  (Read 1261480 times)

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
Re: Terraria - It's out! And there's a 4 pack
« Reply #2130 on: May 26, 2011, 12:46:34 am »

Where do I use worm bait?

I ''used'' it in a highly corrupted area (the sky was dark yellow) and it didn't do anything.
It should always work if you are on corruption. If you aren't on corruption then it instakills you.
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2131 on: May 26, 2011, 01:10:37 am »

Yeah, the star cannon will kill pretty much anything in seconds. Eater of worlds exclaims "OMGWTFBBQ" as he's blown into smithereens. Of course, you could achieve the same effect with a Sunfury while standing in a skytower (He'll tend to fly up towards you from the ground, through the tower, making it easy to smash multiple parts with the flail all at once for massive damage).

Even players in full molten armor with max HP get killed in two or three shots by the star cannon. Of course, you can also kill them in less than a second with a phoenix blaster, without having to farm for stars (it's semi-auto, but you can just click rapidly). It has an almost instant reload time, and meteor shot is even more deadly in buildings.

Personally, end-tier PvP isn't quite as interesting to me as PVP with either new characters or scenario games:

I'm interested in a kind of scenario world where different teams have different goals, all the players start new characters specifically for that world, and the game takes place until a win condition is met.

One possible scenario:
Two teams build a base, with NPC housing, and go to war to try to collect all the NPCs in their own base. Whichever team ends up with all the NPCs wins. They can pull whatever tricks they want to, such as building ebonstone towers, corrupting land, building dungeons to spawn monsters, making an orbital magma cannon to EX-TER-MIN-ATE the enemy, or running into the enemy base carrying water candles during a blood moon.

Another scenario:
Castle attack with one team constructing an evil castle, without NPCs, defended by monsters (both ebonstone and dungeon background), potentially manning safe tunnels with a different background inside the walls (to protect against being attacked by the monsters) while holding water candles to increase the max spawn amount, with the other team trying to breach the castle and reach the center, to destroy tables and capture water candles sitting on them, and take them back to their own base successfully. The entire water candle room would be done in hellstone ore or hellstone brick. How they breach the castle would be their choice. How the castle is designed and defended would be the choice of the defenders. In this case the attackers would have all the NPCs and the defenders would have none, but both would start with new characters, the goal would simply be to either kill all the attackers or breach the castle, get the candles, and destroy them by throwing them into lava. (It would be nice if it was possible to have the candle drop on death, but alas. You'd probably have to give it back to the other team or something if you get killed before you can escape and destroy it.)

The materials to construct the castle could be provided to the defenders so that they can build most of it rapidly (along with at least one obsidian skull), although estimating how much they need could be a bit of a trick. Both teams would probably want to try to find materials to make decent armor, weapons, and tools, before fighting each other, although if the castle isn't preconstructed there'd be some incentive for the attacking team to rush before it could be completed. (We'd probably have to rule that they couldn't attack until they had every NPC)

Rules would include:
1. No jungle or molten equipment or armor (Including both drops from monsters (Sunfury, flamelash, cobalt armor, etc) and craftables (such as the grass sword or ivy lash, phoenix blaster, etc)).
2. You can use hellstone ore for building purposes, but not for crafting.
3. Metal, Meteor, and demonite equipment and armor are permitted, along with necro armor, except for the star cannon. Yes, it uses meteorite, but it's right out.
4. Items found in the dungeon are allowed (Cobalt shield, blue moon, handgun, muramasa, for instance).

(There isn't a rule forbidding orbital magma cannons, but...)
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2132 on: May 26, 2011, 01:19:42 am »

Star cannon can fire at the same speed as a Nix, IIRC. Get the ammo for it, and you have the ultimate weapon. I'm not sure if even tnt can out DPS it.
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2133 on: May 26, 2011, 01:22:06 am »

Three words: Orbital magma cannon.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #2134 on: May 26, 2011, 01:27:16 am »

Where do I use worm bait?

I ''used'' it in a highly corrupted area (the sky was dark yellow) and it didn't do anything.
It has to be a "primary" corrupted area, not a surface-only creep. Surface creep can make the sky darker, but the Eater will only appear if you use the bait next to a chasm. If you're on non-primary corruption, the item will refuse being used, and won't instakill you.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2135 on: May 26, 2011, 01:31:02 am »

Is EoW meant to give me over 100 ore and scales?

Also, is anybody willing to let me enter their private server? I don't think I should enter a public one, as they are usually grief fests.
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #2136 on: May 26, 2011, 01:55:05 am »

Is EoW meant to give me over 100 ore and scales?

Yes.

3-4 EoW's and you can easily outfit yourself with demonite stuff.
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Imofexios

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2137 on: May 26, 2011, 02:34:07 am »

I like the ideas of Shadowlord. The game is ment to gather and build stuff.
As for PVP i hope that will see some light in near future aswell.

But for now as idea of tasks to compete against other "tribe".

1.Gathering resources to storage more than opposite side in end of round/time.
2.Build certain items/rooms with given properties.
3. Hassle with opposing side to make them harder to reach their goal (pvp)

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #2138 on: May 26, 2011, 08:18:40 am »

It'd be a bit of a boring job though, unless the person is allowed to wander around with PvP off. It would hopefully not be too confusing.

He could wear nothing except some helmet that would make him look different than the PvPers?
SigFlags!
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #2139 on: May 26, 2011, 08:22:58 am »

He could be like the Judge from FFTA. He has no pvp flag set, but just throws bombs at anyone who breaks the rules and blows them to smithereens.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

JacenHanLovesLegos

• Bay Watcher
  • A medium-sized creature prone to great ambition.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2140 on: May 26, 2011, 08:48:53 am »

Does the Eater of Worlds die when you destroy it's head?
As it turns out, the pen was in fact a poor choice for melee combat in comparison to the sword.
So I just started playing this game and I accidentally nuked the moon.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #2141 on: May 26, 2011, 08:50:24 am »

Only when it's the last one remaining. A direct hit to the head usually kills the head, and causes a new head to spawn at the end and beginning of the two sections you created.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

JacenHanLovesLegos

• Bay Watcher
  • A medium-sized creature prone to great ambition.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2142 on: May 26, 2011, 08:54:07 am »

So from what I've heard, vile powder and explosives are very effective at killing it. I have no Ball O' Hurt, as both shadow orbs I broke gave me a musket.
As it turns out, the pen was in fact a poor choice for melee combat in comparison to the sword.
So I just started playing this game and I accidentally nuked the moon.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #2143 on: May 26, 2011, 09:50:01 am »

On the image is exceptionally designed Dancing Room, with Entrance Corridor below it. This image relates to construction of Dancing Room at 26th May '11 by Haspen.

Well, it's like 1/20 of whole CastleTerravania, but still. I will finish it one day, stuff with spikes and treasures and then find a way to share it with others so they can be horribly mutilated :P

Full paint map, for reference. 1 px = 1 tile
SigFlags!

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2144 on: May 26, 2011, 09:51:21 am »

On the image is exceptionally designed Dancing Room, with Entrance Corridor below it. This image relates to construction of Dancing Room at 26th May '11 by Haspen.

Well, it's like 1/20 of whole CastleTerravania, but still. I will finish it one day, stuff with spikes and treasures and then find a way to share it with others so they can be horribly mutilated :P

Full paint map, for reference. 1 px = 1 tile

Yes!  :o Just what I have been waiting for!  :D Someone to create a castlevania map!
Too bad there is no way to change the ingame music.. yet?
« Last Edit: May 26, 2011, 09:53:08 am by Ultimuh »
Pages: 1 ... 141 142 [143] 144 145 ... 887