Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 423 424 [425] 426 427 ... 887

Author Topic: Terraria - 1.3 released. Big Patch!  (Read 1261114 times)

Briggsy16

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Terraria - 1.1 released!
« Reply #6360 on: December 03, 2011, 09:17:12 am »

Oh haha, it's probably closer to 2000 now. I'll try it now then.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #6361 on: December 03, 2011, 09:19:33 am »

1k's probably plenty, but I'd pave over the lava for a bit after the end of it, just in case. 2k'll definitely do you.

Darv may have managed with just an obskin potion, but I wouldn't much suggest it. If you were going that way, a water walking pot would do you much better. Less likely to inadvertently have you drop into a pit you can't get out of before the wall slams into you, plus you won't be slowed down from dipping into lava.

Even with that, making sure the path you're going to cover doesn't have any tall obstructions would probably be a really good idea. If the wall manages to catch up to you (and it goes pretty bloody fast once its hp gets lower), it's going to fooking murder you. Especially if it catches you up against a wall.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Briggsy16

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6362 on: December 03, 2011, 09:20:54 am »

Fuck. That was hard, what weapons are you guys using? I used the blaster with Meteorite armour for unlimited shots. Should I be using something else?

Got him down on the 3rd try, initially died when he had 12 hp left so jump down my hole quickly and got him. He dropped the ranger emblem. Now are all the new bosses and mobs unlocked? What do I do now?
« Last Edit: December 03, 2011, 09:56:32 am by Briggsy16 »

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6363 on: December 03, 2011, 09:32:09 am »

Jungle armour, both bands enchanted with  +20 mana, water bolt. Easy as Pi.

Bordellimies

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETHING_ORIGINAL]
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #6364 on: December 03, 2011, 10:00:47 am »

Platforms? I never used any of those. Water walking potion = never fall into lava.

I just took bunch of potions that might help me survive/kill better (ironskin, thorns, hunter, archery, gravitation, etc.), couple stacks of bullets for minishark/phoenix blaster, space gun + Flower of Fire (I didn't use the gun almost at all though) and a bunch of arrows, mainly hellfire.  Strategem: Spam the fireballs, when out of mana, use guns. When outta bullets, use bow. Didn't run outta arrows gladly.

Also, my Dark Lance saved me. You know how the wall spews out leeches? Yeah, I had to melee them when I was at ~20 hp since no mana and no bullets, and hellfire arrows would blow me up too. The leeches gave me enough hearts to survive for another potion, and then I managed to arrow the wall down finally, again left with around 20 hp.
Warmogs are like bacon, they make everything better and you can never have enough of them

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6365 on: December 03, 2011, 10:06:58 am »

Solution to killing yourself with hellfire arrows = Use cursed or unholy or the purple arrows. They don't do as much damage but they go through for 2 hits, unless something changed.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #6366 on: December 03, 2011, 10:24:42 am »

Flamarang + autoclicker at about three character widths away from the eye :P There's not much pre-wall that can dish out damage like that does, yeh just gotta' clear out the hungers first. Sunfury deals with the hungers fairly well to begin with, until they thin out a bit.

Don't forget to eat a boul of soup! Those things are tremendously useful. Really easy to make now that you can kill goldfish directly, too.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Briggsy16

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6367 on: December 03, 2011, 10:45:42 am »

Just owned it with the improved handgun, forgot what it was called. Killed it twice now, got the laser machine gun too.

Now to spread dat hallow.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6368 on: December 03, 2011, 10:51:40 am »

If theres anyone here not wanting to be in hardmode, I've made a (probably temporary, if theres no interest) small world and set it up on lyoncraft.dyndns.org, port 25567.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Imofexios

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6369 on: December 03, 2011, 10:56:57 am »

If theres anyone here not wanting to be in hardmode, I've made a (probably temporary, if theres no interest) small world and set it up on lyoncraft.dyndns.org, port 25567.

My saviour!!

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6370 on: December 03, 2011, 11:10:21 am »

People have already sniped all the shadow orbs, cleared the dungeon, and are preparing a hell highway for the WoF.

I have not verified this, but nothing brings out or need to abuse the environment than this game.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6371 on: December 03, 2011, 11:13:20 am »

Sorry Aklyon, I keep disconnecting from your world. I'll see if I can host my own, the moment I can figure out the particulars.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6372 on: December 03, 2011, 11:18:24 am »

I think I just had too much stuff running. Try it now Joshua.

Alternately, the only thing you need to setup is to port forward a port for terraria to use on your router (the default one is 7777), then just double click the TerrariaServer.exe in your steam folder. (C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\terraria on Windows 7)
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #6373 on: December 03, 2011, 11:18:35 am »

The dynamite bundle is such a letdown. Sure, you can wire it to stuff, that's lulzy. But considering it takes three sticks of dynamite, the blast radius looks the exact same as one. (And for planting it to destroy terrain, it's just faster to build and more economical to use a single stick and build a pocket for it, than it is to set up a switch and wire, then reclaim it.)

Funny, not giving me enough boom was not one of the shortcomings I thought the game was going to have. Where's my fantasy nuke made out of Fairy Dust and Weapons Grade Plutonium?
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #6374 on: December 03, 2011, 11:38:35 am »

You can use it for traps though.

I wear full adamantite and have mythical weapons/trinkets, yet I am unable to solo the twins :(.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository
Pages: 1 ... 423 424 [425] 426 427 ... 887