Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 448 449 [450] 451 452 ... 887

Author Topic: Terraria - 1.3 released. Big Patch!  (Read 1261088 times)

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
Re: Terraria - 1.1 released!
« Reply #6735 on: December 06, 2011, 10:46:26 pm »

Technically, a crossbow can be mechanical; many designs from the middle ages or so used a crank to draw back the string, and a trigger to release it. A repeater crossbow would need some sort of auto-drawing/latching device, plus a clip to hold ammo.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6736 on: December 06, 2011, 10:54:47 pm »

The repeating crossbow works the same way the clockwork rifle fires three bullets for only one. Clockwork techno magic.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6737 on: December 06, 2011, 10:58:20 pm »

And quite apart from that, the Megashark and flamethrower are both much better than the Hallowed melee weapons, and the crossbows are obviously mechanical, seeing as how they are all called repeaters. Keep in mind as well that all of the Hallowed weapons and armor are not purely metallic, as they are all crafted by melding the three most powerful metals into a new alloy infused with the souls of incredibly powerful constructs and organisms, and are at the very least magically enhanced. Take the Gungir(sp?) as an example: the head of the spear is the size of your torso and is on a shaft two or three times your height, yet you are able to stab with it as rapidly as a normal-sized sword. The last 'normal' weapons or armor are the gold ones, as everything beyond that is either noncraftable magical equipment, or forged from difficult to collect exotic materials that typically have some sort of supernatural or extraterrestrial origin.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Repulsion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6738 on: December 06, 2011, 11:00:14 pm »

But compared to a laser rifle?

It could, of course, be argued that the laser rifle is just a futuristic-like application of mana, and not actually a laser rifle.

Unless your mana is some kind of electrical energy or something.

And you are all very right, Flying Dice, Duke, and Sirus.

It still is very interesting to think about, though. In my opinion.
Electrum, pedophilia, and necrophilia at the same time!?

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #6739 on: December 06, 2011, 11:03:01 pm »

The repeating crossbow works the same way the clockwork rifle fires three bullets for only one. Clockwork techno magic.

I haven't seen the crossbow yet in-game, but IRL repeating crossbows are ooooooold.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6740 on: December 06, 2011, 11:48:24 pm »

Getting there. It looks like I'll need about twice as much sand as I've used so far, which means that I need to go gather another thirty or so stacks. I'm glad I have another world that I'm in the process of moving out of, and it has a couple large desert areas. Once I've filled all the chasms with sand, the cleansing (with dynamite) will begin. The sand is just so I can take out the walls too. Corruption? More like crater. I'll also end up with all the ebonstone. All of it. I could probably make so many demonite bricks if I wanted to farm the Eye of Cthulhu...

Oh, and once I'm done with this one I've got two more to go, but it's all good because I can reuse the sand.

Also, my base on this world (the one I'm cleansing and moving into):

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6741 on: December 07, 2011, 12:23:30 am »

Wow, 4 pages since I checked earlier...

I completely agree with the point Nenjin made a while back about difficulty being exactly what players make of it. This isn't really new, most of the whining from TerrariaOnline seemed to be that. When the Orb of Light got changed, people would spend more time raging about it than it would take to just make a farm for shine potions and move on. Are these the same people who call WoF impossible because they won't lay down a line of rocks to fight it on?

I'm hoping the plot speculations here are intentional from Redigit, I'd love to see more developments in future updates.

Also, I don't recall anyone posting something like this, so here's mostly finished part of my cavern city:

And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6742 on: December 07, 2011, 01:21:41 am »

... Wow Urist. That's both really stupid and really awesome. So basically, dwarfy. Nice thinking! aw man i should have done that

Anyway I killed the Wall and it wasn't extremely hard like I was expecting. Snagged a laser rifle on my first try. Yay!
Another question for all you nice question-answering people: when will te guide come back? Can I fight the wall again without the guide around?
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #6743 on: December 07, 2011, 01:29:15 am »

Have to wait for him to come back to fight again, he comes back during the day when there isn't a goblin invasion going on, supposedly. I've started getting NPC's during invasions so that bit may have changed.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #6744 on: December 07, 2011, 01:33:46 am »

Phase 1 of the Cleansing of the Emerald Temple is half complete. Though it is undoubtedly a momentous event, historians will struggle later on whether to classify it as a triumphal victory in the fight for survival against Corruption....or an ecological disaster on a scale far greater than that of the Corruption itself.

Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6745 on: December 07, 2011, 01:39:22 am »

And there you can see why I'm filling mine with sand first.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6746 on: December 07, 2011, 01:51:16 am »

WTB > Sticky Dynamite

Also, has anyone used the "Explosives" type of wiring?  I saw a video of someone trying to kill WoF with an explosive tower.  I want to try killing a pre-wall boss with pure explosives now!  Probably the Eye, as it's easier to position it where you want simply by standing still.  Yet Eater would probably be more fun...

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6747 on: December 07, 2011, 02:06:18 am »

Yeah, he came back. In slightly related news, the wizard is so funny. Thanks!

Also laser rifles are so awesome yeaaaaah!
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6748 on: December 07, 2011, 02:12:19 am »

Also, I don't recall anyone posting something like this
We sometimes post cool things people have made, although most people in this thread are more function over form.

On the server I play on the players just said 'screw it' and stopped worrying about the corruption and hallow. Because they took to the skies in airships. Now every player is making their own small craft.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chaos that Crawls up on you with a Smile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6749 on: December 07, 2011, 02:18:26 am »

We tried using explosion traps to destroy the twins, it didn't work, they just flew through it without taking damage. I presume it's the same for other bosses as well.

From what I can tell, explosive bombs deal about 250 damage to monsters (Explosive damage to players is always considered PvP, so it deals double damage.), so you'll need about 12 explosives to kill an EoC, if it affects it at all.

On the server I play on the players just said 'screw it' and stopped worrying about the corruption and hallow. Because they took to the skies in airships. Now every player is making their own small craft.
What about the Wyverns?

Also, someone make a Move-arria server mod right now.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2011, 02:24:06 am by Blaze »
Pages: 1 ... 448 449 [450] 451 452 ... 887