Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 519 520 [521] 522 523 ... 887

Author Topic: Terraria - 1.3 released. Big Patch!  (Read 1254524 times)

UltraValican

• Bay Watcher
  • The Man aiming to be a Man!
    • View Profile
Re: Terraria - 1.1 released!
« Reply #7800 on: December 28, 2011, 10:48:17 pm »

WHEN WILL PRESENTS STOP DROPPING FROM MONSTER!!!!
Would you rather be an Ant in Heaven or a Man in Hell?

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #7801 on: December 28, 2011, 10:50:19 pm »

After December 31st, actually. Hoard them while you can!
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7802 on: December 28, 2011, 11:11:07 pm »

I JUST unlocked hardmode. 600 square long ash bridge in hell, started the fight off the bridge on the other side, and STILL ran out of room even holding down the minishark in necro armor the whole fight. Only used a little over two stacks of meteor shot though.

What's the first thing one should do in hardmode anyway?
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7803 on: December 28, 2011, 11:16:07 pm »

Visit local corruption and go smashing altars.  If you've got the luxury, set up a crystal farm by making rows of hallowstone blocks, preferably spacing them to get max crystal sizes.
Code: [Select]
B  B  B

B  B  B
(2 spaces between, 3 spaces tall) gives you room to walk through and you can get 3 crystal per stone, but 1 space between lets you walk without falling.  Crystal ammo is serious pwn.  I got an assault rifle and crystal and took down the wall in like 5 seconds.

Sirian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7804 on: December 29, 2011, 03:25:53 am »

What's the first thing one should do in hardmode anyway?
Smashing as many altars as possible (except one) and then mining cobalt/mythril/adamantite with spelunker potions. The drills and repeaters are amazing and a huge improvement. I wouldn't recommend setting up a crystal farm this early though, it's not THAT important. Getting wings is cool, and you should try to farm some light and night souls, as they are required for many things. You can also farm the wall of flesh to get all the drops.

Note that for a crystal farm, the deeper you go the faster they grow. My own setup is like this : (P=Pearlstone, X= empty)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
This allows you to harvest 3 block above and 3 blocks below, you just need the top and bottom rows to be only 3 blocks thick. But honestly you won't use that much crystal anyway so it's not very important.

(edit : now that i think about it, two spaces between the rows of pearlstone might be better)
« Last Edit: December 29, 2011, 03:38:17 am by Sirian »

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7805 on: December 29, 2011, 04:07:40 am »

I'm just having the hardest time making a lava generator. No matter what I do, I can't get these pumps to agree with me.

At one point, instead of making a lava generator, I seem to have accidentally made a lava annihilator. Unfun was had by all, especially me.

I read the liquid making guide on the wiki, but nothing seems to be working. This is my current rig:

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #7806 on: December 29, 2011, 04:13:09 am »

This is why I do it by hand. Goddamn pain in the ass, but i.t works
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Dave1004

• Bay Watcher
  • This is getting personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7807 on: December 29, 2011, 04:15:05 am »

I really like this game, but the whole...Mechanical part turns me away from it. I guess that I don't have to use any of the guns or chainsaws or whatever, but still...Ugh. For me, Swords and Magic > Guns and Science. I just don't want to launch the game anymore...Wonder if it's possible to mod Terraria? I'd like to turn everything mechanical into something magical.

Hardcap of 200 MB/24 hours.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7808 on: December 29, 2011, 04:16:07 am »

I've read about sprite edits for Terraria before. Perhaps you can try that.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Dave1004

• Bay Watcher
  • This is getting personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7809 on: December 29, 2011, 04:17:52 am »

Sounds like something good to me! Thanks, Sirus. I had googled "Terraria mods", but...Nothing really came up. I'll try googling that instead!

Hardcap of 200 MB/24 hours.

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7810 on: December 29, 2011, 04:20:47 am »

Re: Lava Duplicators:

Forget the tedious crap, pumps will auto-multiply liquids now. Sure it's annoying and pumps don't actually pump liquid OUT of places, but who cares, right?

Try this:

And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7811 on: December 29, 2011, 04:31:28 am »

The triangle dot stuff doesn't work now, and never worked in the first place (I tested it when it was first posted and found that this was the case). Just make a box, put a pump at the top and a pump at the bottom, and manually duplicate it (the design shown in the post before mine is good for either lava or water) until you have the bottom pump covered and that's about where it seemed to start duplicating for me in singleplayer.

To speed up the initial start of duplication, I stuck walls next to the bottom pump initially then removed them later.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2011, 04:34:15 am by Shadowlord »
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

alexwazer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7812 on: December 29, 2011, 05:18:19 am »

All but a few of my rooms became invalid with 1.1.1, and it's not the doors from the looks of it (I tried closing them all and it made no difference, and they're not the minimum size, either). Also tried building new rooms, which didn't work either.

Link to my world (zipped): http://dl.dropbox.com/u/26452959/housingbroken.zip

I loaded the world and everything is fine on my side. All rooms that should be suitable are. I summoned the destroyer to get NPCs killed and they also respawned without issues. This is odd ???

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7813 on: December 29, 2011, 05:27:26 am »

Ah! Thanks for the help! My magma apocalypse machine is turning out beautifully.

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #7814 on: December 29, 2011, 08:30:05 am »

Supposedly you can also multiply the output of pumps by wiring up multiple outlet pumps to one inlet. Have yet to test it, but by Odin it has potential if it works!
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER
Pages: 1 ... 519 520 [521] 522 523 ... 887