Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 520 521 [522] 523 524 ... 887

Author Topic: Terraria - 1.3 released. Big Patch!  (Read 1254308 times)

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Terraria - 1.1 released!
« Reply #7815 on: December 29, 2011, 08:48:23 am »

Supposedly you can also multiply the output of pumps by wiring up multiple outlet pumps to one inlet. Have yet to test it, but by Odin it has potential if it works!

I tried, and I can't seem to get more than one outlet to work.

I do have two inlet-outlet systems going though, and that's doubling the lava production rate and filling the tub of destruction quite handily.

Also, I tried it hosting my multiplayer map and lava duplication is slower, but still works fine.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #7816 on: December 29, 2011, 09:41:25 am »

Sounds like something good to me! Thanks, Sirus. I had googled "Terraria mods", but...Nothing really came up. I'll try googling that instead!

Texture packs:
http://www.terrariaonline.com/forums/texture-packs.44/

Mods:
http://www.terrariaonline.com/forums/client-server-mods-tools.51/

You should've googled more :).
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7817 on: December 29, 2011, 12:19:11 pm »

Currently, I have my lava duplicator hooked up to the crab machine that is powering my slime/goldfish/hook/bomb farm. Just need to make a water repository and I'll have my obsidian generator. Incidentally, one slime statue makes MORE then enough gel hooked to a crab machine to convert the outputs of 3 bomb statues into sticky bombs, with plenty left over.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #7818 on: December 29, 2011, 03:52:38 pm »

I recently got this game from a steam friend. I already have a nice little house with that helping guy moved in, two pieces of copper armor, an iron sword, some other tools, two enchanted boomerangs and a crapton of other stuff. Any suggestions on what to do next?
Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.

BowlSoldier

• Bay Watcher
  • Don't **** with the Great Long Axe.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7819 on: December 29, 2011, 03:57:15 pm »

Just keep digging, for now. You want more iron armor, and a good bow would also be very helpful. Once you've got a decent level of gear, go dive down some chasms in corruption areas and look for glowing orbs, then use dynamite to blow apart the rock and get to them so you can smash them with a hammer. They contain good gear, but if you smash three of them you'd better be ready for a fight.

Also, has anyone else found double shadow orbs? A lot of the time recently when I smash an orb, two messages come up and two items are dropped. No idea why.
Campaigning for wheelchair rights for legless adventurers since 1995.

Metalax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #7820 on: December 29, 2011, 03:57:37 pm »

Keep looking for ore deposits. You want to get a full set of armour then upgrade copper->iron->silver->gold until you get a full set of golden armour. Keep the first lot of gold you aquire for a gold pickaxe first though. Explore the caves though you won't want to go too deep until you have better equipment. You may also want to use some of the initial iron you run across to make some chests for storing all your random stuff.
In the beginning was the word, and the word was "Oops!"

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #7821 on: December 29, 2011, 03:59:12 pm »

I actually have a single golden bar. I also have a tunnel below my house for storage and crafting.
Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7822 on: December 29, 2011, 04:13:27 pm »

Don't forget you can wear a bucket on your head for additional defense. Quite useful before you get decent gear.
*Hugs*

UltraValican

• Bay Watcher
  • The Man aiming to be a Man!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7823 on: December 29, 2011, 04:42:54 pm »

Keep looking for ore deposits. You want to get a full set of armour then upgrade copper->iron->silver->gold until you get a full set of golden armour. Keep the first lot of gold you aquire for a gold pickaxe first though. Explore the caves though you won't want to go too deep until you have better equipment. You may also want to use some of the initial iron you run across to make some chests for storing all your random stuff.
Using Iron to make chests=waste
Loot treasure chests, the harvest them with a hammer.
Would you rather be an Ant in Heaven or a Man in Hell?

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #7824 on: December 29, 2011, 04:46:51 pm »

IIRC barrels also perform as chests, but they cost less iron.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

Metalax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #7825 on: December 29, 2011, 04:47:15 pm »

Sure, but for me at least I had more stuff than I could carry long before I even found my first chest. Of course as long as you are willing to use a little more iron up front it is better to make a carpenters bench and then make barrels.
In the beginning was the word, and the word was "Oops!"

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7826 on: December 29, 2011, 06:52:49 pm »

Barrels FTW - we be dwarves, not some hippy chest-elves!

Also, for liquid duplicators, I put two outlet pumps on the same inlet, and put them above each other.  In other words, dig your reservoir, then put an inlet pump at the bottom.  At the top, place some bricks and put an outlet pump as close to the top as you can, then place another outlet directly beneath it.  Link to a timer and/or crabengine, and watch.  The bottom pump will produce lava as usual, and the top will produce just a little.

Water generators are easier, just make a little scoop for the water:
Code: [Select]
#OO -> Duplicates as it dribbles.
#OO#
####

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7827 on: December 29, 2011, 07:22:46 pm »

I don't know, chests seem slightly more dwarfy if the barrels aren't filled with alcohol.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7828 on: December 29, 2011, 07:38:00 pm »

I have maybe 70 or more chests. Number of chests I've made total in my time playing Terraria: 1. There's seriously just so many chests just lying around.

I really do like my chest that contains all my chests.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7829 on: December 29, 2011, 08:03:46 pm »

Chestcepion.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))
Pages: 1 ... 520 521 [522] 523 524 ... 887