Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 609 610 [611] 612 613 ... 887

Author Topic: Terraria - 1.3 released. Big Patch!  (Read 1254398 times)

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Terraria - 1.1 released!
« Reply #9150 on: May 31, 2013, 01:19:49 pm »

Everything Terarria related is pretty much dead. There's a few big mods out there but not many of them are updated any longer.

Hopefully that'll change when the new update comes out, assuming the developer doesn't pull the same stunt he did last time.
Either im pessismist or yes thats what is most likely to happen.
Quote from: LoSboccacc
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Girlinhat
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9151 on: May 31, 2013, 01:32:30 pm »

Now I'm not to big on Terraria, but what did he pull anyway? I think it had something to do with only being in it for the money but I'm not sure...

Also, Terraria for the XBOX... personally I think it's better as a PC game.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #9152 on: May 31, 2013, 01:40:42 pm »

The short form is made big promises and then dipped suddenly with little explanation (sufficient or not depends on th'way you look at it, heh) and many of said promises unfulfilled. Think one of the more recent rehashes of the whole thing was back around page 623, in default page count. Somewhere around post 9315 or a bit after that. It's come up a few times in the thread, I do believe.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Baneling

• Bay Watcher
  • Acid Balloon
    • View Profile
« Reply #9153 on: May 31, 2013, 02:08:27 pm »

Holy crud I just realized this thread has more than 9400 posts.

But yeah, basically, Red said he'd be updating continuously and after 1.1.2 he went "hai gaize i'm going to ignore this for a year because babby kk bye now"

and then everyone got buttmad
I tend to be a stupid person. Expect me to say/do stupid things and we'll probably get along better!

alexwazer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9154 on: May 31, 2013, 02:43:42 pm »

Everything Terarria related is pretty much dead. There's a few big mods out there but not many of them are updated any longer.

Hopefully that'll change when the new update comes out, assuming the developer doesn't pull the same stunt he did last time.
Either im pessismist or yes thats what is most likely to happen.

Well, I think you are pessimistic here. What happened previously wasn't about Redigit dropping halfway through an update, but rather deciding not to work on more updates. Now, he already started to work on that next update.

In the worst case scenario, we'll get an half-assed, but free, update. Considering I pretty much stopped playing Terraria and that even an half-assed update will assuredly get me back into it for a few more hours, that's a good deal IMO.

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #9155 on: May 31, 2013, 02:44:58 pm »

In other Terraria related news: http://www.terrariaonline.com/threads/grab-your-gear-%E2%80%93-terraria-is-going-mobile.100972/
Terraria on my phone could be pretty kickass.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9156 on: May 31, 2013, 02:50:29 pm »

In other Terraria related news: http://www.terrariaonline.com/threads/grab-your-gear-%E2%80%93-terraria-is-going-mobile.100972/

A building game (in large part) with tiny blocks where your fingers all all over the screen? Blech.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #9157 on: May 31, 2013, 03:01:04 pm »

Terraria has much tinier blocks than minecraft. I do not see this going well unless by 'mobile' in that link they mean something like a tablet or project shield.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Markus

• Bay Watcher
  • [Alignment:Lawful Bacon]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9158 on: May 31, 2013, 07:50:26 pm »

I don't suppose anyone is interested in a vendor trash mod?  :P

Don't worry, I don't mean it exactly like that. . .

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #9159 on: May 31, 2013, 07:59:06 pm »

Perhaps you could explain what you do mean? So we can tell you if we're interested?

Markus

• Bay Watcher
  • [Alignment:Lawful Bacon]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9160 on: May 31, 2013, 09:44:56 pm »

Perhaps you could explain what you do mean? So we can tell you if we're interested?
"Vendor Trash" was simply a joke term. To clarify, I was intending to add multiple drops, both common and rare, to various enemies.

For example, let's take what I had in mind for a Mother Slime

Old Drops: 1-2 gel (like 95% of the other slimes)

New Drops: 1-3 gel (always drops), 5% chance of sticky glowstic, 2% chance of mine slime ("consumable" which spawns a friendly slime), Mother Slime Pheremones (rarest drop, activates a buff which spawns several friendly slimes. Cooldown instead of consumable.)

Yes, to be quite frank, this example is just some thoughts I'm blurting out in the middle of midnight without checking over them, really. . . The idea isn't necessarily to make it such that the player can get by with just killing stuff, but at the same time I feel like a few coins isn't really worth all that trouble of standing there in the middle of nowhere holding A just because I had to walk into the jungle right as a blood moon started.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9161 on: May 31, 2013, 09:49:34 pm »

A building game (in large part) with tiny blocks where your fingers all all over the screen? Blech.

Blech indeed. Still waiting for that fabled update Redigit said he'd update for the PC. Which he probably won't update at all.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #9162 on: May 31, 2013, 10:53:27 pm »

It's due in June/July. That was the timeframe he gave for it.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #9163 on: July 09, 2013, 04:24:56 pm »

I caught the info bug, so here, have an info dump:

-Rain event, with awesome soundtrack. (Man, I was just thinking the other day that Terraria needed rain.)
-Walking Gold Fish, whatever the hell that means. Maybe they walk when it's raining.
-Player chat will now appear under the character's name.
-8 new NPCS, one of which is a pirate. Apparently there will now be a race of catcus people living in catcus houses.
-4 new pets, one of which is a parrot sold by the pirate. There's also a pet devourer, a turtle and I think a penguin?
-5ish new bosses.
-Shields
-PvP cannons. Wow, he finally did it.
-Assload of new cosmetic variations. New doors, furniture, banners, light sources, chests, campfires, chairs, tables, pots. This is going to be an even bigger aesthetic update than 1.1, I think.
-Moss growth overs stone, vegetative back walls that grow.

And after paying real attention to some stuff, I realized...waterfalls that aren't going to flood the world. No fluid balancing mechanics to try and make intake/outtake pumps work, no overflow chambers... My inner map designer is fapping right now.

I'm not going to spend the afternoon cataloging all these changes, but these are good links to read for the complete, known picture:
http://www.terrariaonline.com/thread...ssue-8.100246/ - Terrarian Times Issue #8
http://www.terrariaonline.com/thread.../#post-2113980 - Issue #9
http://www.terrariaonline.com/thread...ssue-9.100894/ - Issue #10

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=xJ6XkUbR7iQ <-- This guy is posting all sorts of Beta Videos and condensed news posts.

I went and downloaded a world editor to slake my Terraria thirst for the time being. Unfortunately it's kind of ruined my appreciation for in-game work, because you can get so much done without the tedious farming, hacking character inventories and running around.

And before anyone asks, the last stated release date goal was the end of this month.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2013, 05:26:42 pm by nenjin »
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9164 on: July 09, 2013, 04:31:03 pm »

8 new NPCs...?

Jeez, my Mystic Mountain map (assuming it actually works when the update happens) will need some serious renovation...
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread
Pages: 1 ... 609 610 [611] 612 613 ... 887