Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 630 631 [632] 633 634 ... 887

Author Topic: Terraria - 1.3 released. Big Patch!  (Read 1254298 times)

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
Re: Terraria - 1.2 coming out on October 1st
« Reply #9465 on: September 27, 2013, 06:18:26 pm »

Also, didn't you say to PM, forsaken? this is certainly not a PM.

Also March, you do know the forgot you password button exists, right? ;)
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #9466 on: September 27, 2013, 06:18:58 pm »

Also, didn't you say to PM, forsaken? this is certainly not a PM.
He did PM me but at the time of the PM he had 2 posts and registered this month, so I'm skeptical

March

• Bay Watcher
  • undead
    • View Profile
« Reply #9467 on: September 27, 2013, 06:24:28 pm »

Marchosias was the last one, and I also happened to lose the email password since I set it to the same thing and... well I have a habit of forgetting passwords, I've had seven email addresses in as many years because of it.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9468 on: September 27, 2013, 06:28:06 pm »

I'm not sure I understand what you're saying

Sounded funnier in my head.

I am just saying naw, I'll sit the board megagame alone mostly because I don't want to grind up the starting gear (Copper, Silver, Gold) or early hardmode gear when we get to it.

Though I guess I could just wait until people have plenty of gold, bronze, silver to give away.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #9469 on: September 27, 2013, 06:57:55 pm »

I am just saying naw, I'll sit the board megagame alone mostly because I don't want to grind up the starting gear (Copper, Silver, Gold) or early hardmode gear when we get to it.

Though I guess I could just wait until people have plenty of gold, bronze, silver to give away.
If it helps, there is a bunch of gold/copper/silver in chests at spawn. Not stacks and stacks but enough to make some tools and such

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9470 on: September 27, 2013, 07:02:47 pm »

Darkmere, do you know where/who that LP was?

Actually.... yes, it's still there. I'm 99.9% sure from watching the first few minutes that it's BrightRoar's Circle of the Moon LP at the LPArchive.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

MadMalkavian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9471 on: September 27, 2013, 10:32:10 pm »

Screw that. I'm starting up a new world which will be password protected. PM me for the password and do not share it.

Put me down as a maybe, as in maybe I'll send you a PM about it when I'm in the mood to play on your turf. I've got some personal reasons as to why I might not want to commit myself to playing on your server. Largely creative and sentimental ones, but they're valid enough for me to want to reconsider playing on your server.

Plus I won't be able to do much multiplayer until maybe Sunday, Monday or Wednesday because of some personal offline stuff and I'm kind of starting to get a little burnt out on Terraria. Once again, put me down as a maybe I'll send you a PM or maybe I'll figure out how to host a dedicated server of my own.
I don't understand what you mean regarding personal/creative reasons but I hope I haven't offended you or anyone else.

Still you'll always be welcome.
The creative bit is that I like being able to build what I want, where I want, and to be able to come back to it later without having to rely on someone else hosting my creations. True, the shape of most of my houses is at most a 3x3 grid of 15x6 rooms but I like decorating the interiors and adding things on the side.

My home in Athelod has a tunnel underneath, a goldfish summoning machine with goldfish-powered blinking lights and a roost on the left side that happens to be the only way in or out and thus requires flight to get in most times. It will sometime have greenhouses on the rooftop if the update doesn't invalidate said world, with spots for deathweed, daybloom and blinkroot to start with.

Each room is also decorated with tables, chairs, chests, chandeliers, chain lights, and other things that kind of give each room flavor in my opinion. There's even a bathroom, a storage room, a kitchen and dining area, and a music room located throughout that base of mine. I spent at least six to eight hours laying down the foundations, dismantling the dungeon and decorating each room, and I plan to invest more time in it if possible.

I have screenshots on my Steam profile which are visible to people on my friends list, though if persuaded to do so I might upload them to Imgur and link to them here. I'm quite impressed with what I've done so far in Athelod and I hope to do much more sometime, preferably before I initiate hard mode. Either way I like having my creations available for me to access at any given time and I like having them on my computer so I don't end up losing what I've worked on because of something that happens on someone else's server. I'm very possessive when it comes to what little I can create or what little I have because of personal reasons I won't get into. Needless to say if I do play on someone else's server I've got to be comfortable with the idea of doing so.
Warning: Subject may be antisocial and may not synchronize well with humans. Approach cordially and with caution or not at all.

guessingo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9472 on: September 28, 2013, 10:53:32 am »

just bought this. the droid version has a tutorial (i noticed this. dont have it). doesnt appear to be a terraria tutorial. i know about the wiki. can someone recommend a good LP? LP quality tends to vary alot.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9473 on: September 28, 2013, 10:58:34 am »

If it helps, there is a bunch of gold/copper/silver in chests at spawn. Not stacks and stacks but enough to make some tools and such

It does. At least with a good pick I am better off then normal.

MadMalkavian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9474 on: September 28, 2013, 12:11:10 pm »

just bought this. the droid version has a tutorial (i noticed this. dont have it). doesnt appear to be a terraria tutorial. i know about the wiki. can someone recommend a good LP? LP quality tends to vary alot.
I kind of like Northernlion's LP of Terraria. Others like Total Biscuit, but I think Northernlion is pretty good.
Warning: Subject may be antisocial and may not synchronize well with humans. Approach cordially and with caution or not at all.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #9475 on: September 28, 2013, 12:34:01 pm »

TB+Jesse is not great if you're expecting to learn things.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #9476 on: September 28, 2013, 12:38:04 pm »

Who wants to learn things? I just want cheap laughs, and I get that when I watch both of them playing games like Terraria.

MadMalkavian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9477 on: September 28, 2013, 12:39:54 pm »

Hence why I recommended Northernlion, who does the whole damn narrative explaining how to do everything throughout each of his LPs. He may be about as bad of a player as Bisnap but he's very good at explaining everything. Plus he's got a cat so that makes him awesome.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #9478 on: September 28, 2013, 12:50:26 pm »

So after some concerns I've altered the plan for my server. We're unlocking hardmode and playing until the 1st then starting fresh with new characters in 1.2. This is specifically to address some concerns about being overpowered and missing content in 1.2

Baneling

• Bay Watcher
  • Acid Balloon
    • View Profile
« Reply #9479 on: September 28, 2013, 12:59:53 pm »

I'm going to be helpful and point out that forsaken's concerns are basically that we're absolutely obliterating everything to the point of being able to kill five Eaters of Worlds in a row with the only break being to mine down to some more orbs to summon them.
I tend to be a stupid person. Expect me to say/do stupid things and we'll probably get along better!
Pages: 1 ... 630 631 [632] 633 634 ... 887