Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 631 632 [633] 634 635 ... 887

Author Topic: Terraria - 1.3 released. Big Patch!  (Read 1261632 times)

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
Re: Terraria - 1.2 coming out on October 1st
« Reply #9480 on: September 28, 2013, 01:08:19 pm »

... eh. EoW's kinda'... flimsy, really. I'd probably rate it as easier to kill than the EoC if you've got a decent piercing weapon. Yrimir's go with a waterbolt is pretty... telling. Other stuff works well, too... I've dropped the bugger with iron armor and a harpoon, ferex, and any of the flails just kinda' demolish the poor thing. Still. I'd definitely be down for fresh start for 1.2, since I've got no intention of playing vanilla terraria until then, heh.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #9481 on: September 28, 2013, 01:14:36 pm »

So after some concerns I've altered the plan for my server. We're unlocking hardmode and playing until the 1st then starting fresh with new characters in 1.2. This is specifically to address some concerns about being overpowered and missing content in 1.2
Well my character barely has anything beyond starter gear, so if I don't play him till octobber 1st, would I still be able to use him?
If not I'll just dump whatever he has on a single player world and start with wooden tools.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9482 on: September 28, 2013, 01:46:18 pm »

Does anyone have some tips for fighting the Destroyer and the Twins? I have full adamantine armor, I built an arena far from spawn to keep the NPCs alive, my weapons have some pretty good modifiers, most of my accessories boost defense, I load up on buffs before each attempt...and yet I can't seem to take them down. I want to avoid exploit-y techniques like standing on meteorite if I can, but this is honestly pretty frustrating. I'd like to be able to "win" before the update happens.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9483 on: September 28, 2013, 01:49:19 pm »

Don't you need their souls before you can make Excalibur?

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #9484 on: September 28, 2013, 02:23:48 pm »

Hrm. If recently watching an LP says anything (Yrimir's caster run), a good way to deal with the twins is a few gravitation potions, wings, and something ranged. Do the fight in mid air, moving back and forth across the map, dodging most things and blasting away. Took most of the night using crystal storm (and a good hundred+ mana potions >_>), but it wasn't very difficult.

Destroyer... I never remember having much trouble with that one. Just kinda' don't stand inside the body (or at least avoid the head) and bring a piercing weapon and probably an autoclicker (admantine glaive, ferex. Maybe dao of pow.). Make sure to pop the laser thingies for extra healthsies. Cross necklace probably wouldn't hurt even if you're not exploiting the damage tiles. Push comes to shove, farm up a buncha' heart statues (gen new world, spelunk, repeat. Or hack them in, which I'd honestly recommend instead, just to save time.) and set them up on a timer.

Definitely do get wings if you haven't already, though. They do incredible things for your mobility, and make the hard mode bosses a lot more viable.
Ask not!
Ask!

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9485 on: September 28, 2013, 02:32:26 pm »

I do have wings, as a matter of fact. Those wyverns were fun to fight :P

alexwazer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9486 on: September 28, 2013, 02:39:01 pm »

I find wings rather redundant when using gravitation potions. If you are afraid of splatting yourself on the ground (or the ceiling), featherfall potion works just as well without using an accessory slot. Holding the key in the direction you are "falling" will cancel the slow falling effect without risk of splatting.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #9487 on: September 28, 2013, 03:39:53 pm »

Hnn... from what I could tell (and can remember) the wings were more for the change to fall trajectory that comes with gliding than any issues re: going splat. The angle change seemed to make it harder for the twins' AI to aim properly.
Ask not!
Ask!

MadMalkavian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9488 on: September 28, 2013, 04:27:47 pm »

I'm not even ready for hard mode in my world. I've still got to figure out how to make obsidian skin potions reliably enough so I can perhaps mine more hellstone. I kind of want to set up a fireblossom farm as well, which might be difficult considering that I don't have any seeds yet. Perhaps the next time I go to the Underworld I should bring a bucket or three?
Warning: Subject may be antisocial and may not synchronize well with humans. Approach cordially and with caution or not at all.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #9489 on: September 28, 2013, 04:36:41 pm »

I'm not even ready for hard mode in my world. I've still got to figure out how to make obsidian skin potions reliably enough so I can perhaps mine more hellstone. I kind of want to set up a fireblossom farm as well, which might be difficult considering that I don't have any seeds yet. Perhaps the next time I go to the Underworld I should bring a bucket or three?

Mine obsidian, then make an Obsidian Skull.
That should help.

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #9490 on: September 28, 2013, 04:47:29 pm »

Obsidian Skin is the potion that makes you immune to lava, so I doubt MM's having problems with flaming rocks.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #9491 on: September 28, 2013, 08:34:29 pm »

Destroyer... I never remember having much trouble with that one. Just kinda' don't stand inside the body (or at least avoid the head) and bring a piercing weapon and probably an autoclicker (admantine glaive, ferex. Maybe dao of pow.). Make sure to pop the laser thingies for extra healthsies. Cross necklace probably wouldn't hurt even if you're not exploiting the damage tiles. Push comes to shove, farm up a buncha' heart statues (gen new world, spelunk, repeat. Or hack them in, which I'd honestly recommend instead, just to save time.) and set them up on a timer.
The Dao of Pow is a godsend against the Destroyer, especially if you can get a good shot at him when he's all bunched up right after spawning.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

joemoben

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9492 on: September 28, 2013, 08:36:42 pm »

So we faced the twins on forsakens server. Hoo boy were we underpowered. I must have died thirty times in that one fight alone.
Something about this game makes me wonder why God lets it exist.
Say, if you give birth on a ranch and then murder your baby will a corpse drop be guaranteed?

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #9493 on: September 28, 2013, 11:59:03 pm »

Jesus cribblyhumping christ.

I hit super hard mode on the dark souls mod. Yes, it has something beyond hard mode.

1. The wall of flesh equivalent for hard mode was somewhat crazy. I think. There was so much crap flying around the screen I was probably getting <5 FPS. What I was seeing was pretty glorious, though. Also. Multiple forms. Not only multiple forms, but it is in fact two different bosses, each with multiple stages. And unique sub-boss... things. One a suped up wyvern, the other a mage-y thing.

2. The weakest SHM critter I've seen so far (out of two... three, technically) has 17k HP (well... okay, the other one summons buffed up chaos elementals that "only" have like 3.5k, iirc). Can teleport like chaos elementals. Has at least three different projectiles, one kind of mage-ball-y, one a massive chaos-flame breath of doom thing, the last a homing doom missile of some sort. Can inflict poison, bleeding (no regen), confusion, cursed flames, curse and... some other debuffs, too. Each on different attacks. Hits like a goddamn truck. Bloody freaking insane.

3. General performance has degraded so badly I've been pretty much forced to resort to hacking the game to just to survive, as I can dodge goddamn nothing and even with >150 defense, massive health regen, and 300 hp healing potions I cannot tank basically bloody anything anymore. So many projectiles. And/or enemies. If it's not spewing a bazillion bits of dakka at you, it's summoning horde of friends. This game has gone freaking Touhou on me.

... I'm definitely kinda' enjoying myself. Would recommend.
Ask not!
Ask!

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9494 on: September 29, 2013, 12:25:36 am »

Volume 2 of the soundtrack came out today, on Bandcamp. I still like Starbound's stuff better since I can only do chiptunes for so long... but the new stuff is pretty entertaining.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.
Pages: 1 ... 631 632 [633] 634 635 ... 887