Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 642 643 [644] 645 646 ... 887

Author Topic: Terraria - 1.3 released. Big Patch!  (Read 1261615 times)

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Terraria - 1.2 coming out on October 1st
« Reply #9645 on: October 01, 2013, 09:54:22 am »

I'm hoping to hear back from Forsaken with the server details soon so I can join in today.
Only a simple mind can be certain.

bluejello

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Terraria - 1.2 now out
« Reply #9646 on: October 01, 2013, 09:55:52 am »

yea, same. generated a small word to go exploring in.  I should read up on this update a bit more, as I have little idea what new stuff is added by it.

probably should put the crimson stuff in a spoiler... (this is a edit)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
in other news, goldfish can now walk... yes. may only be in rain, but they are walking
« Last Edit: October 01, 2013, 10:43:24 am by bluejello »

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
Re: Terraria - 1.2 coming out on October 1st
« Reply #9647 on: October 01, 2013, 10:28:32 am »

Oh god, so many spoilers.
* Sirus temporarily banished himself from the thread until he can update
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Terraria - 1.2 now out!
« Reply #9648 on: October 01, 2013, 10:56:23 am »

Well that's still a tad annoying. Browsing and waiting for stuff to happen does not work. You have to be in the terraria window or it pauses.

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9649 on: October 01, 2013, 10:57:55 am »

I'm not... terribly impressed with the tin/lead/whatever replacement ores so far. They just seem to be the same stuff with different graphics...
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9650 on: October 01, 2013, 10:58:44 am »

Oh, so that's what
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

is about? Well, looks like I'm not getting it, I have a Corruption site to the left of my current hiding hole (which is conveniently carved out naturally with a chest inside and has a giant tree on its left side)
Also found two Umbrellas and a Flaregun. The latter is rather weak, but hey, a firearm!

Though to be fair, I think that while new and exciting, it's probably also harder (and EoSes are already problematic as-is, at my stage), so I dunno if it would be worthwhile for me right now.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2013, 11:05:35 am by DarkDXZ »

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9651 on: October 01, 2013, 11:39:10 am »

I'm not... terribly impressed with the tin/lead/whatever replacement ores so far. They just seem to be the same stuff with different graphics...

Well it seems it's exactly what they are. Platinum is essentially same as gold+1 damage. Same mining tier. Armor art may look different but haven't got enough plat to make any (and I found a LOT of platinum veins... it just doesn't yield too many bars).

bluejello

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9652 on: October 01, 2013, 11:47:48 am »

I believe that tin/lead/tungsten/platinum are alternatives to copper/iron/silver/gold, apparenlty a world either gens with one or the other in it from reading the patch notes...
my world had copper/lead/tungsten/unknown(didn't find any gold or platinum in this world so far)

apparenlty there is new ores at the end of hard mode... can't test this, as my only world is pretty fresh.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2013, 11:52:34 am by bluejello »

alexwazer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9653 on: October 01, 2013, 11:52:01 am »

Yeah, the alternatives ores are mostly cosmetic, if even that. Lead looks very much like iron. At least Tin/Tungsten/Platinum have different colors.

This is also the same for hardmode ores. You can get either cobalt or palladium, mythril or orichalcum and adamantite or titanium. That might be annoying if you are interested in a specific ore type that you can't get in your main world. Oh well, if that's my only complain about this patch, then I have no reason to complain at all (cause free update and all). But it does feel like a cheap way to increase playtime and/or increase item number.

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9654 on: October 01, 2013, 11:55:00 am »

Well those and the "this-or-that" biome spawns just seems like I'd have to pay multiple worlds to see everything and hope I get lucky genning one I want to stay on... when all I really wanted was one new playthrough. Padded playtime.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9655 on: October 01, 2013, 12:01:45 pm »

Terraria JUST updated, presumably a hotfix for bugs.  As a result, Forsaken's server isn't the same version :P

March

• Bay Watcher
  • undead
    • View Profile
« Reply #9656 on: October 01, 2013, 12:13:28 pm »

As well as breaking all setting you may have had... we are unfortunately going to need another world, hopefully with crimson this time.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #9657 on: October 01, 2013, 12:29:18 pm »

As well as breaking all setting you may have had... we are unfortunately going to need another world, hopefully with crimson this time.
...I can deal with body horror in that context.

I CANNOT deal with DAMN SPIDERS that FLOP. It's like, they had to emphasize its 2D ness! Now I can't imagine the wall in the background being background and >____<

Meta

• Bay Watcher
  • Aka Maunoir. French Dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #9658 on: October 01, 2013, 12:35:54 pm »

Why would we need another world? I thought the update was just supposed to resolve the Out of Memory bug.

As I can't access forsaken's server, I'm plundering my personnal 1.2 world. I hope that taking my loot with me back on the server won't bother forsaken. :/
Generalized Godwin’s Law: "Every discussion within an online community converges to a zero-information signal characterized by empty assertions concerning the foundational dichotomy of that community."

bluejello

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9659 on: October 01, 2013, 12:42:43 pm »

so, what tier armour do people have on forsakens server? my current char has gold tier stuff, and I would like to bring it over.
Pages: 1 ... 642 643 [644] 645 646 ... 887