Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 663 664 [665] 666 667 ... 887

Author Topic: Terraria - 1.3 released. Big Patch!  (Read 1254551 times)

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
Re: Terraria - 1.2 now out!
« Reply #9960 on: October 04, 2013, 11:15:35 pm »

Check out my fully functional perpetual obsidian generator!

I can leave it on forever and it'll create infinite obsidian.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=183571941

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9961 on: October 04, 2013, 11:54:50 pm »

MP servers that people are building in might not be the best place to shatter a bunch of orbs, eh? ;)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9962 on: October 05, 2013, 12:27:58 am »

Repeating due to serious lack of fun potential.

Does anyone have any idea on how to fix my scrolling problem? Basically I cannot scroll through the toolbar unless I spin the wheel very fast, but even then it only goes one space in either direction. It's making fighting bosses VERY hard.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9963 on: October 05, 2013, 12:36:22 am »

So, thanks to crazy good luck, I managed to loot 6 spikey ball traps and a flame trap from the pyramid, before killing the wall of flesh. The question, therefore, is how to make the best use of these before the world goes hardmode?
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Jack_Bread

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% FRESH ♥HIPPO♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #9964 on: October 05, 2013, 12:54:33 am »

Ooh, that looks cool. What's the wiring for it?  I'd like to build one.

Also, does anyone know how to get into the Lihzahrd temple? Where do you get the key?

Absolute Niro

• Bay Watcher
  • I HATE DOGS
    • View Profile
« Reply #9965 on: October 05, 2013, 01:03:40 am »

Also, does anyone know how to get into the Lihzahrd temple? Where do you get the key?

You need to kill Plantera. To summon it you gotta break a flower, it spawns at a random spot in the jungle once you've killed at least one other hardmode boss.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #9966 on: October 05, 2013, 02:07:13 am »

Here's the wiring.

I had to take the actual generator pumps off the 1 second repeater as it got a bit zealous with the generation. It's much easier when you manually pump out the water and lava yourself.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=183596301

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #9967 on: October 05, 2013, 05:47:25 am »

Does anyone have any idea on how to fix my scrolling problem? Basically I cannot scroll through the toolbar unless I spin the wheel very fast, but even then it only goes one space in either direction. It's making fighting bosses VERY hard.
Its not something i've heard of before. Have... you tried a different mouse?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #9968 on: October 05, 2013, 06:44:52 am »

There's a list button in the crafting box thing.

Baneling

• Bay Watcher
  • Acid Balloon
    • View Profile
« Reply #9969 on: October 05, 2013, 06:54:20 am »

Bleh. Keys for the biome chests in dungeons are barely worth it - unless you get absurdly lucky, like I did, you're going to spend far too much time trying to get a key for there to be any feeling of enjoyment garnered from getting an item.
I tend to be a stupid person. Expect me to say/do stupid things and we'll probably get along better!

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #9970 on: October 05, 2013, 06:59:44 am »

Bleh. Keys for the biome chests in dungeons are barely worth it - unless you get absurdly lucky, like I did, you're going to spend far too much time trying to get a key for there to be any feeling of enjoyment garnered from getting an item.
I don't think you're meant to farm them, just to get them during the course of normal play as a bonus.

Baneling

• Bay Watcher
  • Acid Balloon
    • View Profile
« Reply #9971 on: October 05, 2013, 07:16:38 am »

But then you're likely to never even see them because there's no particular reason to kill enough things to garner any kind of appreciable chance at getting one. They have an absurdly low drop rate, like 0.000125% chance kind of low. I only got one because I got /absurdly/ lucky and found one within four kills on a new world.
I tend to be a stupid person. Expect me to say/do stupid things and we'll probably get along better!

Meta

• Bay Watcher
  • Aka Maunoir. French Dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #9972 on: October 05, 2013, 07:26:25 am »

MP servers that people are building in might not be the best place to shatter a bunch of orbs, eh? ;)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Sorry, that may be my fault. I breaked my first set of orbs yesterday and it caused some meteorites to fall. I did not think about such consequences, my bad.
I'll come and repair the damage later today. :)
Generalized Godwin’s Law: "Every discussion within an online community converges to a zero-information signal characterized by empty assertions concerning the foundational dichotomy of that community."

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #9973 on: October 05, 2013, 07:26:57 am »

My server will be down for a bit, doing some maintenance on the machine. Sorry for the unexpected downtime.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9974 on: October 05, 2013, 08:35:32 am »

But then you're likely to never even see them because there's no particular reason to kill enough things to garner any kind of appreciable chance at getting one. They have an absurdly low drop rate, like 0.000125% chance kind of low. I only got one because I got /absurdly/ lucky and found one within four kills on a new world.

According to the (almighty, infallible, omniscient) wiki, it's a 0.025% drop rate.  So, roughly 1 in 5,000 enemies.

I've been attempting to farm for the jungle and crimson keys, as I got to see the awesome stuff in the hallow and frost chests (these keys both dropped on the same night, in a hallowed ice biome.  I'd just gotten back from retrieving the hallow loot when the frost key dropped).

I even went so far as to set up a new world (hardmode, of course, since they don't drop before then) and sit on an artificial meteor biome in the jungle overnight in the hopes that something would drop it.  I came back the next morning to find that no keys had dropped, but the RNG had managed to find a way of choking the number of meteor heads that actually spawned (there was at least one blood moon, and a nearby lake went berserk and pumped out so many fish that the meteor heads couldn't come anywhere near).

The problem with "finding them through normal play" is that you're probably not going to be sitting around any one particular biome long enough to actually have one of these things semi-reliably drop.  Even the ankh and all its madness is easier to come by than the keys, and at least it has stages of progress where you can feel like you're actually doing something.

I think the new version took the random-drop mechanic a bit too far for a few too many things...  But hey, I'm still more than impressed by the update and I'm having a great time playing, so I can't really complain.  It's just that the keys are, really, quite aggravating...

...and since nobody seems to know for sure how they work, it's difficult to come up with farming stations that will actually do what they're supposed to.
Pages: 1 ... 663 664 [665] 666 667 ... 887