Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 688 689 [690] 691 692 ... 887

Author Topic: Terraria - 1.3 released. Big Patch!  (Read 1261173 times)

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire
Re: Terraria - 1.2 now out!
« Reply #10335 on: October 08, 2013, 11:29:03 pm »

Early 1.2.0.3 changelog, includes things like Lucky Coin not dropping coins from statue-spawned enemies and nerfs to several things.

Mattk50

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10336 on: October 08, 2013, 11:50:35 pm »

Before i start up hardmode on this world and potentially break my biomes (there is no solution for recreating jungle from what i've seen) can anyone with any hardmode experience in 1.2 answer a few questions for me?

First, does crimson spread like hardmode corruption, once hardmode is on? does it spread through stone and through mud/jungle.
Second, will corruption or crimson spread through snow biomes through the ice, or is the purple/red ice only for initial biome overlap?

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10337 on: October 09, 2013, 12:08:05 am »

So Rod of Discord is going to be able to drop from Chaos Elemenetals in Hardmode Dungeon.
Which strikes me as odd, since wouldn't that biome count as Dungeon and not (Underground) Hallow?

It'll probably receive a nerf, though. But given how absurdly absurdly broken some other items are...

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10338 on: October 09, 2013, 12:51:02 am »

I finally beat terraria, I beat all the bosses and got my ideal equipment.

The only other thing I can do is try to get all the ultimate equipment but some rely on very low percentages.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #10339 on: October 09, 2013, 04:30:56 am »

In other news:

It seems the maximum number of grapples at the same time is 8. Plus the web shooter confuses the vine grapple. And the gem hooks and the regular grapple cancel each other out.

Though it does give me an idea that the game could use. A Kaleidoscope Hook, six-chained, made out of six different gem hooks.

Might need to give the Web Shooter an upgrade, too.

edit: The Web Shooter should actually have only 2 chains, but extra long (extending beyond the screen long) and "grappling" regardless of whether or not it hits anything. So you could make like Spiderman and web-swing pretty much anywhere regardless of there being something to web swing from.

Edit2: In unrelated other news, why do this game's silly "joke" items consistently outperform regular equipment? The KO Cannon is my most effective weapon for spelunking, defeating pretty much everything easily. Even turtles. Cobwebs are a pain though, my Crimson-control tunnel intersects two spider caves.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2013, 04:37:46 am by Sean Mirrsen »
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Niveras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10340 on: October 09, 2013, 05:11:42 am »

Not sure if you know already, but if you remove the backwall in the spider caves it prevents cobwebs from spawning. If you remove the backwall and wall off the rest of the spider cave that should prevent any issues you may have with traversing spider caves in your transit tunnels.

My hellevator had the same problem, crossing a spider cave, leading to cobwebs spawning and slowing me down every time I dropped through. But I removed the backwall and can now fall through without a problem.

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10341 on: October 09, 2013, 05:20:51 am »

I guess I should probably start playing again and check all this shiznit out.
How many hours of playtime do we have from starting a new character to having done everything now?
(づ◕◕)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・­¬¬¬¬¬¬¬゜゜・。*。・゜*✧・。*。✧

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #10342 on: October 09, 2013, 06:53:13 am »

I guess I should probably start playing again and check all this shiznit out.
How many hours of playtime do we have from starting a new character to having done everything now?
. . .
Would a vague 'it depends' be sufficient? I'd say...~2 hours if what you mean by 'having done everything' being making a base and all that. If you mean 'directly starting from a character with those 3 weapons and no other aid like items ported over'...then it'll be loooooong.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10343 on: October 09, 2013, 06:57:39 am »

Early 1.2.0.3 changelog, includes things like Lucky Coin not dropping coins from statue-spawned enemies and nerfs to several things.

Okay...  Some strange changes in there, but at least they're fixing a couple of the drops.  I don't see anything right off about angry trappers dropping vines or moss hornets dropping stingers, but I guess the "fix" for that was to allow pre-hardmode enemies to spawn in the jungle.  Rarely.

Gotta love that "rarely".  It shows up a lot these days...

Before i start up hardmode on this world and potentially break my biomes (there is no solution for recreating jungle from what i've seen) can anyone with any hardmode experience in 1.2 answer a few questions for me?

First, does crimson spread like hardmode corruption, once hardmode is on? does it spread through stone and through mud/jungle.
Second, will corruption or crimson spread through snow biomes through the ice, or is the purple/red ice only for initial biome overlap?

There is no solution for jungle, no, but jungle grass grows fairly quickly and it's easy enough to get seeds.  If you're really worried about your jungle, buy some mushroom solution and hose down the edges of the jungle, as mushroom grass is immune to biome spreads and even protects mud from being dried out.

...not that it really matters though, because to answer your other question:  Yes.  Crimson appears to spread just like corruption and hallow, which is to say it doesn't really.  It will spread to grass tiles/adjacent dirt tiles, but it will not change stone or sand.  Naturally-occurring barriers, like three tiles of a stone outcropping in otherwise unbroken grassland, will completely halt biome spread.

So far as I can tell from all indications on a few different worlds, this is the case.  The only ways for corruption/crimson/hallow to spread now are 1) Overland via grass growth/contamination, 2) Underground via hardmode initiation and altar destruction, and 3) Player intervention.

I haven't directly tested to see if ice gets contaminated or not, but I'm going to guess it falls in line with the other stone types and say no.  Plus, I can dig straight through my hallowed snow biome and find pristine underground ice, and the whole shebang has been sitting there for a rather long time.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10344 on: October 09, 2013, 07:07:32 am »

Hardmode corruption/crimson will spread to any common natural mineral that isn't wood or clay. Not sure about snow/ice just yet (since Red Snow is supposedly a thing, but it doesn't really exist for some reason), but any stone, dirt, sand, and mud (eventually as it dries), are susceptible.

Plus corruption is spread by Corruptors, supposedly.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10345 on: October 09, 2013, 07:16:52 am »

Okay...  Some strange changes in there, but at least they're fixing a couple of the drops.  I don't see anything right off about angry trappers dropping vines or moss hornets dropping stingers, but I guess the "fix" for that was to allow pre-hardmode enemies to spawn in the jungle.  Rarely.

Gotta love that "rarely".  It shows up a lot these days...
IMO, they should've changed the way party potion//confetti//sell price happens. People can still get rich..via Sean Mirrsen's patent pending methods. And it's all 'legit'.

:P

Hardmode corruption/crimson will spread to any common natural mineral that isn't wood or clay. Not sure about snow/ice just yet (since Red Snow is supposedly a thing, but it doesn't really exist for some reason), but any stone, dirt, sand, and mud (eventually as it dries), are susceptible.

Plus corruption is spread by Corruptors, supposedly.
Snow/Ice biomes seem impervious to anything non-natural, really. Unsure if this means it only accepts Hallow, but my town resides in a snow biome and we're chilling in the hardmode.

I've never seen a corrupted/crimson snow/ice biome...

Edit: ..puns. XD

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #10346 on: October 09, 2013, 07:21:22 am »

... I've been through like three worlds now with significant amounts of corrupted (crimson, actually) ice in it. Seems to happen the easiest when a hard mode induced crimson streamer lands in the middle of an ice biome. Don't remember if I've seen red snow, but red ice is definitely a thing.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10347 on: October 09, 2013, 07:30:29 am »

... I've been through like three worlds now with significant amounts of corrupted (crimson, actually) ice in it. Seems to happen the easiest when a hard mode induced crimson streamer lands in the middle of an ice biome. Don't remember if I've seen red snow, but red ice is definitely a thing.
You sure it isn't pink ice?

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #10348 on: October 09, 2013, 07:33:35 am »

Pink ice is hallow, apparently :P (though I haven't actually checked, yet)

Seriously though the block says red ice when I dig the stuff up, so red ice it is.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10349 on: October 09, 2013, 07:38:39 am »

Yes, red ice is for Crimson, pink ice is for Hallow.

Does anybody know who sells the Meatgrinder? I'm suspecting it's one of the NPCs I don't have yet, and it has to be in a corrupt biome.

Pages: 1 ... 688 689 [690] 691 692 ... 887