Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 712 713 [714] 715 716 ... 887

Author Topic: Terraria - 1.3 released. Big Patch!  (Read 1261595 times)

Sharp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Terraria - 1.2 now out!
« Reply #10695 on: October 14, 2013, 01:41:56 pm »

I don't think the moss/lichen does anything but for me in the areas where I find it initially I notice some fairly large gem deposits. That of course could be coincidental, afaik though it doesn't do anything yet, although maybe certain mobs spawn in those areas, because come to think of it I notice more of the dye bugs around those areas as well, but as said before could be coincidental.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10696 on: October 14, 2013, 01:55:59 pm »

I've noticed something interesting about some of the new background items.  More than just the stalactites and random skulls lying around, there are also gem deposits, treasure chests (some random lump that gives coins when you break it), and apparently now actually a weapon you can acquire from breaking certain objects.  Since these things spawn naturally over time, one could theoretically create a "dirt farm" with just a lot of open dirt area so that they could harvest the growths.

Mapleguy555

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10697 on: October 14, 2013, 01:59:04 pm »

Could I get the server IP?

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #10698 on: October 14, 2013, 02:00:28 pm »

The growths are different based on what material they grow on. Gem clusters, for instance, only grow on stone (unlike single gems, which can grow pretty much anywhere they please, including ice.

Nothing is so stealthy as a sapphire deposit in an ice cave.)

So no, not just a dirt farm. But viable, I guess. Though the actual beneficial ones might actually be just created as map generation. I've yet to see a gem deposit regrow.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10699 on: October 14, 2013, 03:47:20 pm »

That feel when there are no natural beehives in your main world and you need to make an abeemanation to summon a queen bee to get the witch doctor to fuel your pygmy staff summon need.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

majikero

• Bay Watcher
  • Poi~
    • View Profile
« Reply #10700 on: October 14, 2013, 04:11:05 pm »

I bought 4 teleporters from the server so I can prepare fast transport and bases before hitting Hardmode. Now the problem is getting enough money for all the wires.

Metalax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #10701 on: October 14, 2013, 04:51:00 pm »

Just go spelunking through the caves above the magma layer with a wire-cutter. There are usually a huge number of traps that you can steal the wire from, you can also grab all the wire from within the dungeon as well although that tends to be a bit more dangerous. I've picked up something over 2000 wire from the dungeon and caves in roughly 1/3 of a small world without really exploring for hidden caverns.
In the beginning was the word, and the word was "Oops!"

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10702 on: October 14, 2013, 05:14:53 pm »

If you need gold prior to hardmode, set up a skeleton statue farm. They can now drop hooks, ancient iron and gold helms, skeleton swords, banners, and skulls. Most of those sell pretty well, and if you can strap a crab engine to it, you'll get massive returns fairly quickly.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Mageziya

• Bay Watcher
  • OH NO, EVERYTHING'S DEAD!
    • View Profile
    • Derp
« Reply #10703 on: October 14, 2013, 06:53:39 pm »

If you need gold prior to hardmode, set up a skeleton statue farm. They can now drop hooks, ancient iron and gold helms, skeleton swords, banners, and skulls. Most of those sell pretty well, and if you can strap a crab engine to it, you'll get massive returns fairly quickly.
I messed around with crabs a bit earlier, I don't think they trigger pressure plates anymore.
Every dwarf, every dwarven man, women, and child, that comes to our forts will die there; it's truly sad when you think about it. And we ask our selves, why? Why do we push forward, knowing this fate, that we are destined for failure? Because, this game grasps the concept of mortality. Some games you can never lose, but we all stop eventually, causing a 'death' to those game's 'worlds'. Dwarf Fortress gives us a definite end, knowing that we will leave that world eventually, and move on to more.

Silfurdreki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10704 on: October 14, 2013, 06:55:15 pm »

Argh!

I've just given up on farming for a bezoar. Started off in hardmode killing hornets. Earnings thus far, along with drop rate according to wiki (cf. bezoar; 1%).

• 2x hornet  banner (0.5%)
  • 2x ancient cobalt helmet (0.33%)
  • 1x ancient cobalt breastplate (0.33%)
  • 2x ancient cobalt leggings (0.33%)
  • 100+ stingers
  • 30+ vines

Got fed up, switched to a new world with easymode jungle after reading this. Earnings:

• 2x hornet banner (0.5%)
  • 200+ stingers
  • 30+ vines

Really?  >:(Sorry, had to vent.
Entropy is not what it used to be.

Mageziya

• Bay Watcher
  • OH NO, EVERYTHING'S DEAD!
    • View Profile
    • Derp
« Reply #10705 on: October 14, 2013, 07:22:22 pm »

I just realized, looking at that I have almost every thing I need for the Ankh Charm, and consequently the godly Ankh shield. The only things I don't have are Vitamins (I think.), Adhesive bandage and ... the Bezoar.

THIS IS GOING TO BE FUN!
Every dwarf, every dwarven man, women, and child, that comes to our forts will die there; it's truly sad when you think about it. And we ask our selves, why? Why do we push forward, knowing this fate, that we are destined for failure? Because, this game grasps the concept of mortality. Some games you can never lose, but we all stop eventually, causing a 'death' to those game's 'worlds'. Dwarf Fortress gives us a definite end, knowing that we will leave that world eventually, and move on to more.

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #10706 on: October 14, 2013, 07:45:11 pm »

I got the bezoar without even noticing. I actually wound up just noticing I had all the components on accident. It was a down moment from the hardmode server and I noticed my accessories were most of the components, so I just threw everything together.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #10707 on: October 14, 2013, 07:48:48 pm »

I messed around with crabs a bit earlier, I don't think they trigger pressure plates anymore.
What color pressure plate were you using?
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

majikero

• Bay Watcher
  • Poi~
    • View Profile
« Reply #10708 on: October 14, 2013, 07:55:53 pm »

For some reason, I got 3 meteorites hit with only destroying 1 orb. Is this a random thing now?

Also my honey reservoir is full and only the flow of honey is preventing me from flooding hell. It's healing properties does make it easier to fight off the demons.

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #10709 on: October 14, 2013, 08:01:35 pm »

What color pressure plate were you using?
This. Apparently pressure plates only activate when some things step on them depending on the color. Gray and brown are players only but I'm not too sure about the others.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."
Pages: 1 ... 712 713 [714] 715 716 ... 887