Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 739 740 [741] 742 743 ... 887

Author Topic: Terraria - 1.3 released. Big Patch!  (Read 1261551 times)

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
Re: Terraria - 1.2 now out!
« Reply #11100 on: November 07, 2013, 03:52:02 pm »

Yeah, that's pretty much it.  I had to watch the Golem explode some 20+ times before I got my first Golem Fist, which has an equal droprate as everything else.

Plantera was also rather stingy with the Venus Magnum.  Again, it all comes down to randomness.

It's all obfuscated and some of the classes don't decompile with what I used (It worked better in the first few versions of Terraria, but it's obfuscated better now, apparently, to the point that the decompiler fails on a bunch of the important classes now), but you could use bomb statues to make a ton of bombs, then bomb your way to hell on some small maps and kill the WoF on each, then look at the maps in TEdit to see if any of the stripes ever go off the map or hit the ocean - or ask on the official forums if anyone had them hit the oceans, etc.

Or, if you're using TEdit anyways, just give yourself a bunch of 100-stacks of bombs instead of going through the tedium of bomb statues...  Also, I've always seen the stripe convergence point as being pretty much dead center, which makes sense as far as how the game handles map sections.  But then again, I really haven't checked that many different maps.

And yes, smashing altars does absolutely cause pockets of Hallow AND Corruption/Crimson every time you break one.  Merely cordoning off the initial burst is effectively meaningless if so much as a single altar is broken.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11101 on: November 07, 2013, 04:06:46 pm »

It feels like each person has different drop rates for stuff. I never found any picksaws either, and got plenty of styngers/possessed hatchets. Not to mention how a few of us have had trouble finding hermes boots/clouds/mirrors/whatever.

No, that's just how probability works. Random actually means random, not predictable.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Squill

• Bay Watcher
  • Decided to play DF, I guess I'm back now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #11102 on: November 07, 2013, 04:32:42 pm »

So... Me and my friend were looking for floating islands...
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Impressive...
I have not posted in almost a year
But now in iambic verse I am here

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #11103 on: November 07, 2013, 04:49:37 pm »

Plantera was also rather stingy with the Venus Magnum.  Again, it all comes down to randomness.
I know that feel. We were killing Plantera over and over, and no Venus Magnum, so we just gave up. A few days later, we kill a Plantera for fun and it drops not just any Venus Magnum, but... an Unreal one. Many FFFFFs were uttered.
It feels like each person has different drop rates for stuff. I never found any picksaws either, and got plenty of styngers/possessed hatchets. Not to mention how a few of us have had trouble finding hermes boots/clouds/mirrors/whatever.

No, that's just how probability works. Random actually means random, not predictable.
Like I said, it just feels that way.
I'll be sure to never ever use the desire sensor joke here ever again since it'll evidently be taken literally

"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11104 on: November 07, 2013, 10:22:21 pm »

Alright, I actually got my Eye of the Golem on my next try. Thank goodness, now I can have my Destroyer Emblem + Avenger Emblem + Melee Emblem + Fire Gauntlet + Obsidian Shield + Godly Vampire Knives melee build character tackle the Pumpkin Moon.

And I still only get to wave 12 solo :/

Just not enough time. But is it just me, or are Mourning Woods and every other boss character in that invasion just immune to ichor? I can't notice if they're changing color or not.

crazysheep

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:fluffy wool]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11105 on: November 08, 2013, 01:34:28 am »

Impressive...
Meteorites can land anywhere really, including floating islands.
"Don't be in such a hurry to grow up, for there's nothing a kid can't do."

Lightning4

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11106 on: November 08, 2013, 08:03:18 pm »

Impressive...

Sometimes it's like they seek them out...

At least they don't (can't?) wipe out the chest room.

Then there's the meteorites that crash into the damn ocean.

Nighthawk

• Bay Watcher
  • INT Score: Yes
    • View Profile
« Reply #11107 on: November 08, 2013, 08:09:36 pm »

Maybe it's just me, but oceans seem to be a lot bigger now. I almost drowned myself thinking I could pop right in and snag the chest at the bottom; I was surprised at how deep it went.

I kind of wish there was a water biome of sorts, so water-based items would become more useful. But people would probably just drop all of that water into Hell as opposed to actually swimming through it. :P

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11108 on: November 08, 2013, 08:38:03 pm »

Impressive...

Sometimes it's like they seek them out...

At least they don't (can't?) wipe out the chest room.

Then there's the meteorites that crash into the damn ocean.

Oh god... I still remember one map where my first meteorite landed in the ocean. I'd luckily found a single Gills potion en route, which made life slightly easier at least. It was still one heck of a pain to excavate, creating air pockets every few blocks and replacing sand with dirt without ruining said air pockets.

Worst part, by far, was finishing off enough of the meteorite that Meteor Heads stopped spawning. Because then the sharks returned.  :o

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #11109 on: November 08, 2013, 09:03:41 pm »

Why not just come up from below the meteor and mine it that way?

wer6

• Bay Watcher
  • SCOUT DOESNT WANNA GIVE A KISS
    • View Profile
    • Pirate baaaayyyy!~
« Reply #11110 on: November 08, 2013, 09:09:41 pm »

sand. Lots. of. Sand.
Just before leaving, Psysquid quickly summons a Burrito in his mouth.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #11111 on: November 08, 2013, 09:15:36 pm »

sand. Lots. of. Sand.
Yes.. and? Dig out 2 columns of sand under the meteor and you can mine all but the top layer without any problems with water.

Mageziya

• Bay Watcher
  • OH NO, EVERYTHING'S DEAD!
    • View Profile
    • Derp
« Reply #11112 on: November 08, 2013, 09:21:42 pm »

Alright, I've held off on this long enough.

Behold, my base.

Spoiler: From the map (click to show/hide)
One thing I forgot to get in that picture was how I manged to, by sheer chance, build my base under a floating island.

Spoiler: Base of the tower. (click to show/hide)
That door is almost never used.

Spoiler: East half (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: A tiny throne-room (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: West Biodome (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: East Biodome (click to show/hide)
Hard to get trees growing in there.

« Last Edit: November 08, 2013, 09:29:22 pm by Mageziya »
Every dwarf, every dwarven man, women, and child, that comes to our forts will die there; it's truly sad when you think about it. And we ask our selves, why? Why do we push forward, knowing this fate, that we are destined for failure? Because, this game grasps the concept of mortality. Some games you can never lose, but we all stop eventually, causing a 'death' to those game's 'worlds'. Dwarf Fortress gives us a definite end, knowing that we will leave that world eventually, and move on to more.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11113 on: November 09, 2013, 02:51:50 pm »

The jungle biodome reminds me of one of Metroid Fusions' levels.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Mageziya

• Bay Watcher
  • OH NO, EVERYTHING'S DEAD!
    • View Profile
    • Derp
« Reply #11114 on: November 09, 2013, 03:15:01 pm »

The jungle biodome reminds me of one of Metroid Fusions' levels.
SRX, or whatever the name of sector 1 is.

It was supposed to be near flat with a a small hill, like the grass biodome, but that wasn't enough to make it a jungle biome area.
Every dwarf, every dwarven man, women, and child, that comes to our forts will die there; it's truly sad when you think about it. And we ask our selves, why? Why do we push forward, knowing this fate, that we are destined for failure? Because, this game grasps the concept of mortality. Some games you can never lose, but we all stop eventually, causing a 'death' to those game's 'worlds'. Dwarf Fortress gives us a definite end, knowing that we will leave that world eventually, and move on to more.
Pages: 1 ... 739 740 [741] 742 743 ... 887