Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 801 802 [803] 804 805 ... 887

Author Topic: Terraria - 1.3 released. Big Patch!  (Read 1261141 times)

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
Re: Terraria - 1.3 released. Big Patch!
« Reply #12030 on: July 16, 2015, 08:53:11 am »

There's also no unlimited lava or unlimited honey bucket. Though even if there were, I'd still prefer having an automated system that can refill itself without me doing anything.
Honey is easily created/moved around with hives. Doesn't help with automation though..

The difference is that each 1 out of 50 takes a day. Also, I never got one; someone else gave me one.

It takes almost an Ocean's amount of falling water blocks. Make it happen easily by throwing dynamites everywhere till you reach hell.

What happens is that the game assumes all the falling water is invalid and therefore transports/warps them straight to where they should be.

Puff of logic.
So for infini-water/flooding the world, put a plug in there every 5-10mins & save/reload?
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Check this shit out- (it changes)
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12031 on: July 16, 2015, 10:06:32 am »

It takes almost an Ocean's amount of falling water blocks. Make it happen easily by throwing dynamites everywhere till you reach hell.

What happens is that the game assumes all the falling water is invalid and therefore transports/warps them straight to where they should be.

Puff of logic.
So for infini-water/flooding the world, put a plug in there every 5-10mins & save/reload?

For infini-water, I'd suggest pouring your "infinite" water into a sealed tank, pouring your sealed tank into a secondary tank, and use the secondary tank while plugging the sealed tank for water floodifications.

Floating water is considered loose and is immediately put to where it will eventually end up, so if you're running duplications from a pump, your pump water may still be alive.

Spoiler: Mission Accomplished. (click to show/hide)
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

HissinhWalnuts

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a deep dislike of the natural world.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12032 on: July 17, 2015, 10:32:40 pm »

The game decided I needed a solar eclipse followed, by a blood plus rain. But then again, in the same session, another solar eclipse followed by blood plus rain.
Crack-a-lack-a

Pencil_Art

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12033 on: July 17, 2015, 11:03:47 pm »

Well, earlier I had two solar eclipses on consecutive days, a blood moon, and two days later, another solar eclipse.

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12034 on: July 18, 2015, 03:23:30 am »

As I was playing, I got depressed that the denizens of my planet did not truly fear me as they should. But maintaining a standing army is so expensive....

Now I can oppress the entire planet for just pennies a day!

(Large image, linked offsite for readability).

Needs more decoration and I'll end up changing some of the rooms, I'm sure. But it works for now.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
  • AKA Aira; Legendary Female Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #12035 on: July 18, 2015, 03:36:40 am »

Nice Mobile Oppression Palace!

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12036 on: July 18, 2015, 07:33:07 am »

awesome squid

i noticed you didnt use the camera.

also if you want actual stairs you can hammer dem platforms if you so wish.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2015, 07:40:03 am by New Guy »
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Calidovi

• Bay Watcher
  • agnus dei
    • View Profile
« Reply #12037 on: July 18, 2015, 08:14:12 am »

Is this how DF players play Terraria?

This is beautiful.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #12038 on: July 18, 2015, 09:54:36 am »

This is beautiful.
We're all eagerly hoping for some way to make moving parts.

Oneir

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:fancy hat]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12039 on: July 18, 2015, 10:36:24 am »

This is beautiful.
If I ever go crazy and try to make a DF-lite, you can bet that's going to be a major consideration of the design. :P There are too many games like DF and Terraria where you really just need an elevator.

Calidovi

• Bay Watcher
  • agnus dei
    • View Profile
« Reply #12040 on: July 18, 2015, 10:50:55 am »

This is beautiful.
If I ever go crazy and try to make a DF-lite, you can bet that's going to be a major consideration of the design. :P There are too many games like DF and Terraria where you really just need an elevator.

Drawbridges, man.

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12041 on: July 18, 2015, 11:16:36 am »

As I was playing, I got depressed that the denizens of my planet did not truly fear me as they should. But maintaining a standing army is so expensive....

Now I can oppress the entire planet for just pennies a day!

(Large image, linked offsite for readability).

Needs more decoration and I'll end up changing some of the rooms, I'm sure. But it works for now.

If you haven't already, put actuators on the leg so that you can move them to the background and walk thru them, at will.

On another note, I'm trying to drain the hell of lava (and turn it into a dull, grey and flat ash landscape). Anyone have any tips to get rid of large amounts of it, without using editors? I have wired several pumps at the bottom and dug a big underlava canal to funnel ALL the lava into it, which works but my Outer Space Container get full too fast and then I have to pour water from my generator and mine it out to get rid of it :P Which granted, gives me insane amounts of obsidian to turn into skulls to sell. But I'd rather it all just went away somehow.

Maybe filling my container with actuated blocks, then turning the actuators off after filling it, and reconnecting so all the lava goes away will work?

Calidovi

• Bay Watcher
  • agnus dei
    • View Profile
« Reply #12042 on: July 18, 2015, 11:23:26 am »

Maybe filling my container with actuated blocks, then turning the actuators off after filling it, and reconnecting so all the lava goes away will work?

Do acutators function as atom smashers, or do they just deconstruct certain blocks? It's been a while since I've played Terraria, and I'm waiting for it to come to Mac.

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12043 on: July 18, 2015, 11:46:28 am »

Do acutators function as atom smashers, or do they just deconstruct certain blocks? It's been a while since I've played Terraria, and I'm waiting for it to come to Mac.

Neither I think. Just makes blocks passable. I don't think they do anything to creatures that are trapped inside (I think they can still move thru the blocks they were occupying at the time, but can't move into other active blocks). Also things like furniture or torches will pop out when activated.

Calidovi

• Bay Watcher
  • agnus dei
    • View Profile
« Reply #12044 on: July 18, 2015, 12:00:12 pm »

Neither I think. Just makes blocks passable. I don't think they do anything to creatures that are trapped inside (I think they can still move thru the blocks they were occupying at the time, but can't move into other active blocks). Also things like furniture or torches will pop out when activated.

Alright, thanks for letting me know. I was a cautious creature in Terraria and didn't go to deep into the electronics. When it comes out for Mac, I'll be ready.

Pages: 1 ... 801 802 [803] 804 805 ... 887