Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 814 815 [816] 817 818 ... 887

Author Topic: Terraria - 1.3 released. Big Patch!  (Read 1261384 times)

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
Re: Terraria - 1.3 released. Big Patch!
« Reply #12225 on: July 23, 2015, 01:41:51 pm »

Press tab to put the minimap visible, then press - and + to adjust the size.  Bosses show up the same as character icons, so even when a boss is too far, you can still aim in that direction.  With chloro bullets, an endless ammo pouch, or a seeking spell, it's good enough to get close.

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12226 on: July 23, 2015, 03:24:10 pm »

Now that I have everything including the Drill Unit, I can finally build my proper town...
It's going to be a "floating" town on canals, made mostly of marble and pearlbrick.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12227 on: July 23, 2015, 03:45:40 pm »

Me and Demon defeated the Moon Lord mostly by flying everywhere with the UFO Car Key thing and teleporting to the nurse with a mirror when we needed to heal.

I did it by standing perfectly still :P

Mind you >_> I used a few tricks >_>
Yes, spectre healing and buffs from the nebula armor are hilariously overpowered.  Watching you basically moving slowly back and forth in the middle of the moon lord on expert mode as I just fired endless lasar beams at it was definitely fun :p

I did it in beetle armor and later in solar armor. But taking only 13% damage makes a difference.

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12228 on: July 23, 2015, 04:08:35 pm »

tried to take onto the frostmoon event, lasted until wave 8.......the santank and the everscreem pack quite the punch. having spooky armor makes it even harder too.

didnt get to see the frost queen. and didnt get much stuff, just trophies.

maybe i should take onto the cultists this time.

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
  • Time for Taako's opinion.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12229 on: July 23, 2015, 04:32:54 pm »

I've tried both holiday moons. I just can't kill shit fast enough. They leave come dawn and I'm left with what I've nabbed off of the corpses.
My tumblr.
Yeah no I don't haunt here anymore. Peace

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12230 on: July 23, 2015, 04:35:37 pm »

I've tried both holiday moons. I just can't kill shit fast enough. They leave come dawn and I'm left with what I've nabbed off of the corpses.

They were both made with multiplayer in mind...  unfortunately for single player players.

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
  • Time for Taako's opinion.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12231 on: July 23, 2015, 04:45:05 pm »

It's a shame water candles don't affect spawn rate.
Maybe I'll try the hallowed crater I built and star cells.
My tumblr.
Yeah no I don't haunt here anymore. Peace

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12232 on: July 23, 2015, 05:13:09 pm »

if you have the cosmic car key it is very easy just using the minions and a homing weapon, like the posessed hachet. you just have to stay hovering over the enemies and dodge certain attacks.

the only enemies that may annoy you in the pumpkin moon are the bosses this way. as for the frost moon, well, that's another story. the flying enemies can be taken down but the bosses are a nuissance at the same time.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12233 on: July 23, 2015, 05:56:47 pm »

The halloween event is probably best handled with liberal application of lava.  A floor with actuators, and a layer of lava under it, so you can flip the switch and send everything swimming.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12234 on: July 23, 2015, 06:36:11 pm »

if you have the cosmic car key it is very easy just using the minions and a homing weapon, like the posessed hachet. you just have to stay hovering over the enemies and dodge certain attacks.

the only enemies that may annoy you in the pumpkin moon are the bosses this way. as for the frost moon, well, that's another story. the flying enemies can be taken down but the bosses are a nuissance at the same time.

If you have the cosmic car key... you have way better weapons.

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12235 on: July 23, 2015, 06:36:45 pm »

I uh.... well, this isn't great advice but you can wipe the floor indefinitely with nebula armor and the moon prism. I hit wave 15 in a couple in-game hours, got all the loot multiple times (indluding 25 or so trophies for each), and made about 11 platinum. Trying frost moon next.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12236 on: July 23, 2015, 06:47:43 pm »

If you have the cosmic car key... you have way better weapons.

my repertorie is cosmic car key, deadly spheres, ufos, queen spider staff, spooky armor, summoner's emblem, destroyer emblem, papyrus scarab, obsidian shield, worm scarf, celestial shell. candy corn riffle with full stock of ammo, terrablade and posessed hachet.

i do just fine with that, well, most of the time. having so few defense can be annoying, specially when bosses hit so hard and your minions tend to be idiotic sometimes (deadly spheres have a rather stupid behavior WTF).

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12237 on: July 23, 2015, 07:41:47 pm »

I do find it interesting that Melee STINKS for the early to middle game but then picks up with a vengeance near that last little bit.

While ranged is king in that middle portion of the game and then just dies a blasted death.

While Magic starts off non-existence, sucks in the early game, good in the middle game, and is amazing in the late game.

By the by... uhhh... don't use guns... >_< For the sake of your ears just don't bother >_<

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12238 on: July 23, 2015, 07:51:51 pm »

Eh, guns are fine. At least, insofar as SDMG's firing sounds are.

That said, avoid the Vortex Beater as a main weapon; you'll be deaf.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12239 on: July 23, 2015, 08:37:51 pm »

changed all my trinkets modifier to menacing to see how much of a change it was. most of my summons get interesting damage but im weak as fuck.

got up to wave 10 in the frost moon. 2 everscream and 1 santank on screen got me down. fuck.

and not a single drop from the first waves.

this is annoying. well try to see what i can do with all my summoning weapons well, at least the hardmode ones. (seriously, they should buff the prehardmode weapons or something, i miss my bees)...
Pages: 1 ... 814 815 [816] 817 818 ... 887