Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 875 876 [877] 878 879 ... 887

Author Topic: Terraria - 1.3 released. Big Patch!  (Read 1261348 times)

0x517A5D

• Bay Watcher
  • Hex Editor‬‬
    • View Profile
Re: Terraria - 1.3 released. Big Patch!
« Reply #13140 on: May 21, 2020, 03:52:52 pm »

I am stuck in fullscreen mode. It says it switches to windowed, but it doesn't changing the "borderless" mode does nothing and changing the resolution keeps it in fullscreen mode. No idea what's going on and google isn't helping.

EDIT: Aaaaaand my UI is gone.

Does Alt-Enter toggle windowed/fullscreen for you?  It does for me.

The UI disappearing sounds like that screenshot mode hotkey.  I think it's on F1.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13141 on: May 21, 2020, 04:46:25 pm »

The UI came back when I reset the game, as for alt+enter, nope, interestingly enough it does toggle between windows and fullscreen in the actual options menu, but my screen stays fullscreen.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13142 on: May 21, 2020, 07:21:36 pm »

Took several hours, but I finally killed a damn nymph.

...No Metal Detector though.

Detected three of them before that, but all three despawned before I could find them.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

0x517A5D

• Bay Watcher
  • Hex Editor‬‬
    • View Profile
« Reply #13143 on: May 22, 2020, 12:30:25 am »

The UI came back when I reset the game, as for alt+enter, nope, interestingly enough it does toggle between windows and fullscreen in the actual options menu, but my screen stays fullscreen.

Found it, I think.  The wiki says:

Quote from: Terraria Wiki: Settings
Resolution sub-menu
Borderless Windows:  Enabled - or - Disabled

Sets the window resolution to the native desktop as well as removing the title bar and window frame. This setting can be useful when using and switching between multiple monitors. This setting is not visible during gameplay and can only be changed from the main menu.

(Bold added.)

Edit: Also, the toggle-HUD key is F11.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2020, 12:32:28 am by 0x517A5D »

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13144 on: May 22, 2020, 02:01:10 am »

Found it, I think.  The wiki says:

Quote from: Terraria Wiki: Settings
Resolution sub-menu
Borderless Windows:  Enabled - or - Disabled

Sets the window resolution to the native desktop as well as removing the title bar and window frame. This setting can be useful when using and switching between multiple monitors. This setting is not visible during gameplay and can only be changed from the main menu.

(Bold added.)

Edit: Also, the toggle-HUD key is F11.

That did it! Thought I could have sworn I tried that, I must have done something stupid like not apply it do a different resolution. Sincerely, thank you.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13145 on: May 22, 2020, 09:19:39 am »

Finally got the Metal Detector. I still can't find any credence to the rumor that killing your first nymph increases their spawn rate. Maybe? But the appearance rate is so low it hardly matters.

They also appear to have fixed liquids duplicating while flowing, meaning that the exploit of pumping liquids from the bottom of a pachinko machine-like tank to the top no longer generates infinite liquid. At the least, I didn't notice any increase from a single bucket's worth of honey on a small liquid generator after a few minutes of operation.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13146 on: May 22, 2020, 10:54:24 am »

I found an enchanted sword rock while exploring underground. It seems they're no longer limited to the shrines.
I may have wasted all those years
They're not worth their time in tears
I may have spent too long in darkness
In the warmth of my fears

0x517A5D

• Bay Watcher
  • Hex Editor‬‬
    • View Profile
« Reply #13147 on: May 22, 2020, 11:32:29 am »

I found an enchanted sword rock while exploring underground. It seems they're no longer limited to the shrines.

They always have been findable underground, just incredibly rare.  Like one-per-world rare.

Last night, I spoiled myself on the new torches.  Is there any in-game hinting about how they work?  I can't think of any, and was very surprised.  And angered.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #13148 on: May 22, 2020, 12:58:33 pm »

Apparently the wizard gives some indication? Can't find mention of anything else via google, though.

It definitely looks like a mechanic I'm going to cheerfully install a mod to make fuck off forever whenever modloader gets updated, though. I could see the rest of the maybe sticking around, so long as it's not balanced by reducing old drop rates, but the torch aspect is just bloody asinine.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2020, 02:04:11 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

0x517A5D

• Bay Watcher
  • Hex Editor‬‬
    • View Profile
« Reply #13149 on: May 22, 2020, 01:23:25 pm »

Maybe put that inside a Spoiler box?  Except the bit about the Wizard.  That not a spoiler.

Terraria Wiki says that the new mechanic used to go negative until the 1.4.0.3 patch.  In retrospect, that really sucked.  Nothing like something weird affecting your farming.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2020, 04:12:02 pm by 0x517A5D »

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #13150 on: May 22, 2020, 02:01:07 pm »

Wait, put what? I can't see anything more explicit than what you've got out in the open there :P

Unless you're just talking about the existence of a new at all?

... actually, now that I look at the changelog again, it literally might be. I can find no goddamn mention of it at all in the thing. What the hell.

Give me a bit to figure out how much spite makes me want to just leave that out in the open :-\
« Last Edit: May 22, 2020, 02:04:47 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
Ask!

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13151 on: May 22, 2020, 02:19:43 pm »

The antivirus software Kaspersky seems to be flagging Terraria's executable as a trojan, going so far as to delete it without asking. Good thing I don't use Kasperksy.

They always have been findable underground, just incredibly rare.  Like one-per-world rare.

Spoiler: re: torch luck (click to show/hide)

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #13152 on: May 22, 2020, 02:39:34 pm »

« Last Edit: May 22, 2020, 02:42:40 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
Ask!

0x517A5D

• Bay Watcher
  • Hex Editor‬‬
    • View Profile
« Reply #13153 on: May 22, 2020, 03:31:24 pm »

The other day, I was just thinking to myself, "self, you have too many free slots in your inventory and piggy bank.  You should find more stuff to carry around."

Problem solved!

Pinky has a little Pinky-sized balloon!  So cute.

Notes on farming gnomes:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #13154 on: May 22, 2020, 11:40:37 pm »

I've had this for a while but never got into it until a few days ago. Any tips?
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.
Pages: 1 ... 875 876 [877] 878 879 ... 887