Poll

What is our next project?

Helm's Deep (LOTR) style wall
The Bridges of Flinging
Underground Labyrinth
Second Aquifer Breach
Post in topic

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 18

Author Topic: Uristildom - Daggerfaints ~~Soon to have a Circus!~~ -Spoony's Turn-  (Read 28956 times)

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
  • Гномовержец Enjoyed throwing someone recently
    • View Profile
Re: NAME PENDING -- EDITS ON THE WAY
« Reply #15 on: June 17, 2011, 02:55:55 am »

However, we are not following the strict 1-year playthrough. You must pass on the game if any of the following happens
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
This does mean that even if you only played for 5 ingame days and get a siege, you must pass it on.

this is really the only rule that bugs me, i want to be able to play for at least a season before giving up my rule.

other than that this looks like a great possibility for !!FUN!! so sign me up!

i think there's still room in the starting 7 so i'd like to be dwarfed as a miner/mason/architect/engraver. one point into each.
This rule can be roleplayed as a revolution caused by panic and disorder due to siege or beast or whatever.

Anyway, I still want to join, with knife-user sheriff.
Did you know that the Russian word for "sock" is "no sock"?
I just saw a guy with two broken legs push a minecart with a corpse in it. Yeah.

Conan

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm running out of stone!
    • View Profile
Re: NAME PENDING -- EDITS ON THE WAY
« Reply #16 on: June 17, 2011, 09:46:10 am »

Locking topic for now, I'll get the edits done by today.

EDIT: Topic patched up, here we go!

Reapply people. I'll get a list of the embark items available.

andyman564

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Lurker
    • View Profile
Re: Uristildom - Daggerfaints ~~REAPPLY~~SPOTS OPEN~~
« Reply #17 on: June 17, 2011, 02:05:02 pm »

YAY! i like the new rule revisions and backstory!

re-applying to the turn order.

Name: Komra
Profession: miner/mason/engraver/architect/mechanic (2 points in each)
Embark Items: copper pick, 20 stones of quartzite/rock salt/alunite, 3 of which will be made into blocks and used for trade depot
Turn: 2

Yeah.  Thus why I didn't make a trap.  In it's current state the fortress didn't need a trap, the whole damn fortress is a trap.

A Spoony Bard

• Bay Watcher
  • [MANNERISM:lute]
    • View Profile
Re: Eshonfikuk -Goodfield- ~~NEED PLAYERS~~
« Reply #18 on: June 17, 2011, 04:55:32 pm »

Name: Whatever the name of the dwarf I am dwarfed as is.
Profession: Novice Miner, Stonecrafter, Metal Worker, Armor Worker, Weaponsmith, and proficient hammerdwarf.
Embark Items: Preferably a Copper Pick, and a Copper Hammer, but we can make weapons if the extra embark points are needed.
Turn: 3

Conan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Uristildom - Daggerfaints ~~REAPPLY~~SPOTS OPEN~~
« Reply #19 on: June 17, 2011, 06:48:17 pm »

We have plenty of points, so I'm bringing along a steel hammer and axe. Sticking with copper picks though, as steel is an extravagance for picks.

Also, Spoony, I'm naming your dorf "Spoony" and putting the extra status point into mining.

EDIT: Damn, didn't notice steel axes are not available. Bronze time.

Also, I spoke too soon about the points. No moar steel weapons, at least for now.

Also, there's only quartzite, so I'm bringing 20 of that.

A Spoony Bard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm fine with you just naming my Dwarf Spoony.
The only reason I didn't input a name is because I couldn't think of a good one.
Also, do we really need to bring quartzite? We should be able to get at least SOME stone rather early. And we'll embark with the things that we needs metal most for; weapons, axes, and picks.

Conan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It was requested for by andyman, so I put it in.

A Spoony Bard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Oh, that makes sense.

UltraValican

• Bay Watcher
  • The Man aiming to be a Man!
    • View Profile

I would join but I don't now how the dwarven calender works in real time, so I don't know how long a dwarven month is( a season is 3 months in df time correct?)
Would you rather be an Ant in Heaven or a Man in Hell?

Conan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It depends on your FPS.

Basically, when the HFS gets an announcement, pause the game, select the announcement, and look at the top right hand corner of the screen. That will give you the day and month of the HFS, and just look at the Dwarven Calendar page on the wiki to see what month you have until. All months have 28 days.

nanomagnetic

• Bay Watcher
  • cable * sprocket * chain
    • View Profile

We're going to need a steady supply of food. A hunter comes with some free gear, but it's sometimes a pain to get bone bolts pumping out fast enough to supply the hunt. So, how about:

Dwarf: Nano
Profession: Ambusher and Bone Carver
Embark: Domestic animals, preferably full grown; we're going to need bones for bolts.

And I think we can save embark points by bringing milk for cheese instead of prepared food.

And then bring raw plump helmets to brew into wine on arrival (also covers us for helmet spawn).

Also, to make sure our hunter doesn't get himself killed in the first week, maybe set up a burrow that doesn't include the evil tundra for him? At least not at first. Can't eat the undead anyways. But I met they make great bolts!  :P

edit: I'll take whichever turn is free next.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2011, 08:26:21 pm by nanomagnetic »
Foldedlens -- 1004

Conan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hmm...

Domestic animals: A no-no for the big ones, but I already designated three dogs of both genders and four hens and one rooster.

31 raw plumps also included, but I'm bringing plenty of booze. 11 wine, 21 of rum and beer.

Also, I've downgraded steel to bronze. We just don't have enough credits :(

Should I bring a crossbow?

Farmerbob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Add me in

Farmerbob: herbalism(1) planter(1) cook(1) and brewer(1)

Start me with a few pigtails and plump helmets.

Eventually there won't be time for brewing and cooking but to start the fort it'll be handy.
How did I miss the existence of this thread?
(Don't attempt to answer that.  Down that path lies ... well I was going to say madness but you all run towards madness as if it was made from chocolate and puppies.  Just forget I said anything.)

Conan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

For you, Farmer, I'm throwing in mining as well. I just hate how it takes forever for everything I designate to be dug out.

Also, I have the seeds already designated. Its quite nice to know that people are asking for the exact same thing you already planned to include.

andyman564

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Lurker
    • View Profile

IAlso, do we really need to bring quartzite?

yes, we have an aquifer, which means little(hard to find) to no stone, and if we're allowed to do the ring drop technique to breach the aquifer,  bringing stone for mechanisms helps a lot.

any leftover stone can even be used for a small kick start to the craft industry or rock pots...

also i like to have a shiny white trade depot...
« Last Edit: June 17, 2011, 11:13:24 pm by andyman564 »
Yeah.  Thus why I didn't make a trap.  In it's current state the fortress didn't need a trap, the whole damn fortress is a trap.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 18