Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 777

Author Topic: Cataclysm: A Zombie-Survival Roguelike  (Read 1262979 times)

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: A Zombie-Survival Roguelike
« Reply #855 on: July 02, 2011, 07:16:54 pm »

Fire is kinda crazy.  I lit a sandwich wrapper on fire, and it turned into a couple tiles worth of fire, and since pouring water just pours in on the tile you're standing at, I can't put it out without burning myself.  It also doesn't appear to put out any amount of light.

I may be in trouble here, but that's my own fault.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Hamel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #856 on: July 02, 2011, 07:59:11 pm »

Aren't the Zombie Hulks a bit much? I've died twice to these things so far, and I really don't see any way I could have survived the encounters. The one that killed my last character survived a molotov cocktail, nine shots from a SKS (1 firearms, 5 rifle), and a couple blows from the butt of the SKS. This would all seem reasonable to me if they weren't faster than I was at 110% speed with Fleet Footed. At the moment it seems like these guys are instant and uncontrollable death as soon as they spot you, and their LOS appears to be at least as much as the player's at 8 perception.

Zebulon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #857 on: July 02, 2011, 08:31:51 pm »

Huh. I just started a game on the newest Windows version (1.3.5) and... the @ screen is working perfectly fine. So that bug report back there seems to be fixed now. Thanks, Head.

-

On the topic of fire; I haven't messed with it much, but most of my interactions have been the opposite - it fizzles out and dies in a hurry. The first time I had a fire going on the street in front of my house to burn the masses of zombie corpses I'd clubbed or shot to death. That thing didn't run out in the day or two it was there, and never spread (I assume street tiles don't count as fuel).

The next time I was doing the same thing, plus positioning it by a window leading into my bedroom so the zombies would quit being so insistent at night (maybe). Just one corpse wouldn't stay on fire. I added I think three more, that got it going and... then my safehouse caught fire (which was my own beautiful, stupid fault I suppose, though in my defense I did try to create a firebreak with dug pits; it just wasn't anywhere near large enough.)

Some of the recent spoilers also reminded me I had some questions about mutation mechanics...
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #858 on: July 02, 2011, 08:35:08 pm »

Well you can't just set a dead body on fire all by itself now can you? I suggest dousing it in gasoline, its the easiest way to start a fire. Regarding Mutations i've only had the chance to get two, one was Carnivore which made it so I could only eat meat (Including drugs >.>) and a mutation that gave me insect like armor.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #859 on: July 02, 2011, 08:37:32 pm »

I just found a bunch of Compact Bionics Modules on a group of dead scientists, and a thought occurs.  Considering these things are supposed to be installed inside a body, shouldn't CBMs as items have a pretty small volume?

Anyway.  Is there some way to see how much money you have, outside of trading?  There's no use outside of trading of course, but it's easy to think of implications, like using a few $1's as fire tinder or something.  Not to mention, even in hundreds the starting $8000 is going to be a somewhat voluminous stack of bills.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #860 on: July 02, 2011, 08:39:56 pm »

Well I think when it tells you the amount of money you have when you trade I believe its just an general estimate of what the item is worth. You don't actually have that money, but its used as an estimate regarding what its worth and what you can trade it for.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Welcome to Reality.

fred1248

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #861 on: July 02, 2011, 09:22:00 pm »

I thought the game was very non forgiving and harsh, but guys, try pain resistant and android trait.
if you're lucky enough you'll get ethanol burner. then start roaming around with a decent firearm.
When I did that for the last time, I found 4 CBM: Internal Batteries from dead scientists.
and finally managed to find CBM: Melee Combat, and CBM: Medical. The result was just awesome.
I already had green scales from mutagen, so my armor was pretty decent. (maybe it needs to be nerfed.
Installed all of them via save scumming.

I chugged up vodka to pile up tons of xp, then draw my adamantite claws from my arm, gone rampage against zombies.
as I got 5 raw in unarmed, I did like, 90 to 120 damage to zombies. and with my nanobots in my blood vein, I could just instaheal any damages.

Meleeing a hulk isn't so hard. if you have adamantite claws and ability to heal.
I may have just got lucky, but Cataclysm is just about doing the right thing at the right time. at least that's what I think.
I can't wait till more contents update.
How do you deliberately crutch a dwarf who seems to have no urge to go to the hospital and be diagnosed with "walklessness?"
Break his other leg.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #862 on: July 02, 2011, 09:37:11 pm »

Some of us don't want to be superhuman cyborg Wolverine though.  I just want to be a regular guy trying to survive the apocalypse, probably by walking along the road for a long-ass time.
Shoes...

fred1248

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #863 on: July 02, 2011, 09:40:03 pm »

Some of us don't want to be superhuman cyborg Wolverine though.  I just want to be a regular guy trying to survive the apocalypse, probably by walking along the road for a long-ass time.

but.. but.. what's wrong with being a superhuman cyborg wolverine? I love being a superhuman cyborg wolverine  :P
How do you deliberately crutch a dwarf who seems to have no urge to go to the hospital and be diagnosed with "walklessness?"
Break his other leg.

Astral

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTER_TENTACLES:RIBCAGE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #864 on: July 02, 2011, 09:52:55 pm »

Huh. I just started a game on the newest Windows version

Where would I find this? Information in the OP must be dated; the RogueBasin link doesn't seem to point toward anything.
What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the Earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle. -Stephen King's Cell
It's viable to keep a dead rabbit in the glove compartment to take a drink every now and then.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #865 on: July 02, 2011, 09:53:21 pm »

Huh. I just started a game on the newest Windows version

Where would I find this? Information in the OP must be dated; the RogueBasin link doesn't seem to point toward anything.
Look back a few pages please.
Welcome to Reality.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #866 on: July 02, 2011, 10:01:10 pm »

I love the Android trait, but hate how random it is. Sometimes, you get solar cells and a finger laser, other times a toolkit and aim assistance, still others a pair of platings that massively decrease your dex. Would be nice if you could pick the starting ones, even if it cost an extra point.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Vorbicon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #867 on: July 02, 2011, 10:01:33 pm »

Where do labs show up? Outside cities in fields and forests?

fred1248

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #868 on: July 02, 2011, 10:04:41 pm »

I love the Android trait, but hate how random it is. Sometimes, you get solar cells and a finger laser, other times a toolkit and aim assistance, still others a pair of platings that massively decrease your dex. Would be nice if you could pick the starting ones, even if it cost an extra point.

What I'd like to see from implants is more stat based ones instead of some special powered ones.
Like artificial heart for +2 strenght and +1 dex.
maybe synthetic brain cells? +3 int? something like this.
Break his other leg.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #869 on: July 02, 2011, 10:05:04 pm »

Spoiler: Holy fucking balls (click to show/hide)
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 777